Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H
Live in Front of a Studio Audience: All in the Family & Good Times on Dec. 18; NBC Orders More Superstore Episodes

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-15-2008, 06:05 AM   #1
unsolvedmysteriesfan
Frequent Poster

Default Ann Mitchum Sigmin

I don't see a thread on this woman, who killed her husband, Charlie Sigmin, with the assistance of Garey Goff.

Garey served 13 years, 5 months.

Ann Sigmin, who has also used the aliases Andy Hays and Andy Partlowe, is still on the run. The charge of 1st degree murder has no statute of limitations.

They lived in Blytheville, AR, although the UM segment mentions Caruthersville, MO, which is half an hour away.

Another site mentions her name is Ann Mitchum Sigmin:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/ridg...NUABJESVPT8K6S

So which family member is helping her hide out?

This case aired yesterday on Unsolved Mysteries on SPIKE.
unsolvedmysteriesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:23 AM   #2
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mphs95

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsolvedmysteriesfan
I don't see a thread on this woman, who killed her husband, Charlie Sigmin, with the assistance of Garey Goff.

Garey served 13 years, 5 months.

Ann Sigmin, who has also used the aliases Andy Hays and Andy Partlowe, is still on the run. The charge of 1st degree murder has no statute of limitations.

They lived in Blytheville, AR, although the UM segment mentions Caruthersville, MO, which is half an hour away.

Another site mentions her name is Ann Mitchum Sigmin:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/ridg...NUABJESVPT8K6S

So which family member is helping her hide out?

This case aired yesterday on Unsolved Mysteries on SPIKE.
Someone has got to be helping her. There's no way she's not caught by now being on her own unless she's gone to her maker Down Below. Hopefully, it's not another husband.
mphs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:54 PM   #3
joshypiano
Stack-a-holic
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to joshypiano Send a message via MSN to joshypiano Send a message via Yahoo to joshypiano

I remember there being a post on a board somewhere that said she had been living in Arkansas but that no one had contact with her.
Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Old 11-15-2008, 08:31 PM   #4
unsolvedmysteriesfan
Frequent Poster

That is in the link I gave joshy..that's about the only other information I can find about Ann Mitchum Sigman. Searched her name, too. The problem is, if there was any coverage, it was in a few newspapers that have not progressed to the internet era and still have a website from 1996. The only way to possibly see would be at a library on microfilm in the Blytheville, AR or Caruthersville, MO areas.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:47 PM   #5
wiseguy182

I think her last name is spelled Sigmund. That may be why you can't find anything.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:15 PM   #6
joshypiano
Stack-a-holic
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to joshypiano Send a message via MSN to joshypiano Send a message via Yahoo to joshypiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsolvedmysteriesfan
That is in the link I gave joshy..that's about the only other information I can find about Ann Mitchum Sigman. Searched her name, too. The problem is, if there was any coverage, it was in a few newspapers that have not progressed to the internet era and still have a website from 1996. The only way to possibly see would be at a library on microfilm in the Blytheville, AR or Caruthersville, MO areas.

Wow I don't know how I read your post and missed that link. I guess that's what happens when you sit down to watch football and drink a few beers. Yes that's the same board I had found it on a while back. Thanks.
joshypiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:46 PM   #7
unsolvedmysteriesfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
I think her last name is spelled Sigmund. That may be why you can't find anything.
The spelling I am using came from the Unsolved Mysteries segment, in addition to many guides from the show about the cases featured on it. Also, no one in the link given (people that knew her) complained about the spelling.

Also:
"Ann Sigmin"
http://www.unsolved.com/wanted.html

Host Robert Stack details unsolved crimes including the case of an Iowa credit union .... Sigmin's ex-wife, Anne, claims the shooting was in self defense. ...
http://www.tv.com/unsolved-mysteries...ml&printable=1

November 30, 1988
Segments detail a U.S. airman’s claim of a frightening encounter with a UFO on Cape Cod in the 1960’s called “Missing Time”, and include a discussion of genetic experimentation said to involve non-Earthlings. Also: the search for suspects in the murder of Arkansas telephone worker Charlie Sigmin where his satan worshipping wife Anne is thought to be a suspect; teenager Jeremy Bright went missing from a county fair and foul play is suspected.

(I've also searched "Anne Sigmin")

August 8, 1990
Included: an update on a 1988 story about the murder of Arkansas man Charlie Sigmin; and repeat segments, also from 1988, on a UFO encounter and a missing teenager.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:58 PM   #8
unsolvedmysteriesfan
Frequent Poster

Default In addition

In addition:
INTELIUS

Ann Sigmin
Blytheville, AR

Blytheville newspaper: http://www.couriernews.net/
Caruthersville, MO newspaper: http://www.democratargus.com/
Old 11-16-2008, 01:32 AM   #9
wiseguy182

What I meant was some of the mentions on this forum have it as Sigmund. I thought you were talking about this forum.

Last edited by wiseguy182; 08-15-2009 at 05:35 AM.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:32 AM   #10
unsolvedmysteriesfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
ok I get the picture.

What I meant was some of the mentions on this forum have it as Sigmund. I thought you were talking about this forum.
No problem...I'm just surprised there aren't more threads on some of these UM cases.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:03 AM   #11
DarkDante

I wanted to bump this because I just watched the original broadcast of this from 1988 and one of the police officers interviewed (the heavy set officer with the mustache) mentioned that he personally didn't believe that Charlie Sigmin was murdered.

He mentioned there was evidence that he saw at the scene of the crime that indicated that Goff and Anne Sigmin killed Charlie Sigmin in self defense. He mentioned there was significant damage done to the house indicating a struggle, the angle of the bullet wounds to Charlie's body as well as evidence that Goff had bruises all over his body. He said the biggest mistake Goff and Anne Sigmin made was leaving town because it made them look guilty. He did however also made a statement that showed some degree of bias in that he mentioned that in his opinion Goff was "not capable of first degree murder" which leads me to wonder if this officer was a friend of Goff's from his days as a police officer?

Stack also mentioned that a warrant has never been formally issued for Anne Sigmin and Gary Goff's arrest and mentioned that both might be compleately unaware that they are wanted. He also reached out to both of them personally in case they were watching UM encouraging them to turn themselves in.

Given the eventual update to the case aired on "Lifetime" a lot of this information is irrelevant but I found it interesting that the guilt Anne Sigmin and Gary Goff wasn't as nearly as cut and dry at the time as the rebroadcasts of the segment make us think it was.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:08 AM   #12
Tresa
First Time Poster

She was not represented properly in the unsolved mystery episode. She did not worship the devil and they left out the fact that Charlie beat the hell out of her often. That's what he was attempting to do the day Garey shot him.

We have only heard from aunt Ann once since she left and it was within a short time after leaving. Garey did all the calling after that and her voice was never heard. We feel he killed her so she couldn't testify against him. We have also been told that was the second man he has killed and he used to be some type of lawman himself.

They need to start checking for a match with all of these Jane Does.
Tresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #13
TripleG
Frequent Poster

The whole Devil Worship angle was one of the biggest "WTFs" in any Unsolved Mysteries segment.

Strangely enough, devil worship came up a few times in UM, but there was usually some context to it. One was the grandmother that took her grandchild and exposed him to devil worship, but blamed it on the parents. Also the arsonist tape comes to mind where a clearly disturbed teenager turned out to be behind the arson and was into Devil Worship.

But here, it just comes right out of left field. Its just like "Oh and by the way, she worshiped the devil". I tend to believe that she acted in self defense, but that's just my take. The Devil Worship bit feels like something the family of the victim made up to make her look bad.
TripleG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #14
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleG
The whole Devil Worship angle was one of the biggest "WTFs" in any Unsolved Mysteries segment.

Strangely enough, devil worship came up a few times in UM, but there was usually some context to it. One was the grandmother that took her grandchild and exposed him to devil worship, but blamed it on the parents. Also the arsonist tape comes to mind where a clearly disturbed teenager turned out to be behind the arson and was into Devil Worship.

But here, it just comes right out of left field. Its just like "Oh and by the way, she worshiped the devil". I tend to believe that she acted in self defense, but that's just my take. The Devil Worship bit feels like something the family of the victim made up to make her look bad.
I tend to think the devil worship elements were included to make the story more sensational. Also, America was still in the throes of Satanic Panic. Satanists were blamed for a lot of unsolved crimes and were basically the "boogeyman" of the eighties and early nineties.

Some other UM stories involving Satanism -

Kurt McFall - allegedly murdered by a strange cult.

The Son of Sam - the murders were allegedly orchestrated by a Satanic cult.

Shane Stewart and Sally McNally - allegedly murdered by a cult.

Eric and Pam Ellender - allegedly murdered by teenage Satanists.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #15
DarkDante

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
I tend to think the devil worship elements were included to make the story more sensational. Also, America was still in the throes of Satanic Panic. Satanists were blamed for a lot of unsolved crimes and were basically the "boogeyman" of the eighties and early nineties.

Some other UM stories involving Satanism -

Kurt McFall - allegedly murdered by a strange cult.

The Son of Sam - the murders were allegedly orchestrated by a Satanic cult.

Shane Stewart and Sally McNally - allegedly murdered by a cult.

Eric and Pam Ellender - allegedly murdered by teenage Satanists.
I always thought there was a great deal of validity to occult activity in both the "Son Of Sam" and Kurt McFall cases. Now whether or not the SOS murders were organized as an act of Satanism, I doubt we'll ever know that but I'm positive that David Berkowitz and his associates dabbled in Satanism.

As for McFall, while I'm not convinced that the Pagan group profiled on UM were responsible for Kurt's demise, I do believe that Kurt through his curiosity may have gotten involved with certain people who were later responsible for his death.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote