Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H
Live in Front of a Studio Audience: All in the Family & Good Times on Dec. 18; NBC Orders More Superstore Episodes
ABC 2019 Holiday Specials and Episodes; E! Sets Date for Reality Sitcom

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-13-2009, 11:51 AM   #46
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
No Mark did not play himself but the guy that played him looked almost identical to him.

Thanks, kadrmas15. I initially had assumed he was portraying himself for two reaons.
First, as you note, the guy looks "almost identical".
Second, there is a sort of "real life" clip of the actor filling up tanks and taking cash from customers. It looked like a pretty mundane thingto film an actor doing.

So that's why I initially believed it was MN playing himself. But then when I realized he waould also have to been the re-creating the awkward and uncomfortable doctor visit as well as the re-creation of the babysitter's version of events, I started wondering.
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #47
Oldschooler81
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworkhigh
Well no use playing the devils advocate for no reason, the guy is guilty as the day is long. There just seems to be no reason whatsoever that she would run away. Granted, it has happened in the past that a loved one has taken off on their own accord and never called anyone since but it's a huge step to take in order to do that leaving behind your roots.

Christy is pegged as a woman with low self esteem by her own mother. In all honesty a woman like that would have a hard time starting a life of her own and NEVER calling her folks just once. So I rule out the disappearance. Personally I've never gotten the impression Mark did it himself. He seems too dumb to cover up his own crime. But I do think he hired someone to do it, therefore his excuse is only his alibi and the half hearted attempt to look for her that day
Actually towards the beginning of the segment when they're going to the hospital for Christie having a sprained thumb (when Mark was acting weird outside), they mentioned Christie was seeing another guy.... although I can't really blame her given the jerk that Mark seems like.

They didn't go into it beyond that, but I still wouldn't think she was planning to run off with him. More than likely it was just someone she was friends with where it developed into a crush or with romantic feelings (he probably felt bad for her situation). I'm guessing alot of his anger stemmed from that, although he only had himself to blame. He probably wasn't too nice as is, and that made him even more ticked off.

Heck she might've not been cheating at all and was simply friends with that dude, but Mark jumped to conclusions. I've known about guys like him who probably wanted it both ways - i.e. having Christi all to himself and not allowing her to have much of a life, but yet didn't want to invest in the relationship and be nicer to her.

BTW that's interesting about Mark possibly hiring someone to kill her (if that's what happened). That's true that given his backwoods intelligence (or lack of, lol) he probably would've slipped a long time ago.
Oldschooler81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:05 AM   #48
Lightners322
Occasional Poster

I remember this case and it really makes me sick that they still haven't found anything because I've been completely convinced her husband is guilty.
Lightners322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #49
MegtheEgg86

Just a recent article I found today:

http://www.northplattebulletin.com/i...16669&pageID=3

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:18 PM   #50
mark10
Frequent Poster

Thanks for looking the info up. So still nothing new with this case...really sad. I wish Mark Nichols (as if he ever will) would just come forward with what happened on that night...most of us can reasonably conclude that he killed Christi Nichols. The only question is how, with the other part of the question being where he placed her body.
mark10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:15 AM   #51
Mysteryphile
I wonder what happened to her.
Forum Regular

I just watched this case and when the husband says "just let us know your okay, just let us know where you are" I just felt FURIOUS. He knows right where she is...and all this time her kids have grown up thinking their mother ran off on them...its sickening really...

But I do see this case being solved one of two ways:
1. Her body is found. Often bones are found years later because animals have dug them up from where they are buried and carried them to places where they are spotted. I think this could still happen, or that someone could stumble upon them.

2. The idiot spills all to a woman/friend. I can see him falling head over heels for someone and telling his little secret. Then he beats the woman up and she goes straight to the cops and tells all. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't. He wouldn't be the first one to end up in jail that way.

I SOOOOOO hope this scum is jailed one day soon. I am actually surprised he hasn't ended up in prision for something else by now.
Mysteryphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:49 PM   #52
Mastermind

Quote:
But I do see this case being solved one of two ways:
1. Her body is found. Often bones are found years later because animals have dug them up from where they are buried and carried them to places where they are spotted. I think this could still happen, or that someone could stumble upon them.
Although, for all we know her body may have been already found and is unidentified.
Quote:

2. The idiot spills all to a woman/friend. I can see him falling head over heels for someone and telling his little secret. Then he beats the woman up and she goes straight to the cops and tells all. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't. He wouldn't be the first one to end up in jail that way.
He's managed to keep his mouth shut this long, why would the next few years be any different.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:39 PM   #53
mark10
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyweb
One last thought...I decided to peruse doe to see if there may be any matches. I found 1 match in the surrounding states (within driving distance)/time frame and physical characteristics that may possibly be a viable option for Christi's remains.

Any thoughts?

Christi's case: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2469dfne.html

Possible match: http://doenetwork.org/cases/390ufwy.html

The latter case does not mention how long the body had been there which makes it difficult to fit a time frame, however, the reconstructive pics make it evident that decomposition was fairly advanced so a 5 year length of time could be possible. It looks like the area the remains were located in is under 6-8 hours drive time from where they lived in NE.

Anyway...thoughts?
Any more news on this post? Any news on the unidentified woman?
mark10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:54 PM   #54
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Well, I have tried finding info on where Mark Nichols is living now in Arkansas but have not been able to find him. It seems he hightailed it out of Gothenburg not long after Christi 'disappeared'. I am assuming he fled there because everyone there thought he was guilty and he probably felt the cops were bringing too much heat on him. First he moved to North Platte which is about 30 miles west of Gothenburg. Then he eventually packed it up and moved out of state altogether and returned to his home state of Arkansas.

But personally, I think it is really to the point, why not indict Mark Nichols? I really do not think anything there will turn up and I have seen people indicted off of much less than what they have on Nichols. As the saying goes, you could indict a ham sandwich. I mean go for it and see what happens? This seems like the type of crime that if it happened now, Mark Nichols would have not got away with it. But I imagine Mark Nichols interview on UM could be used as evidence.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #55
SageSlowdive
the real hank queen
Forum Regular

Menstrual blood?

GOD, I hope this SCUM truly gets what's coming to him one day...
SageSlowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #56
Love A Good Mystery
Frequent Poster

Default Twenty Years Since Christi Nichols Went Missing

If I remember right, Mark almost appeared to be near sweating during the interview (check out his neck).Why would he be sweating if he was telling the truth?

Of course, an equally logical explanation could be that he was just nervous about being on camera. While its not rocket science, as a journalist, I can assure you not everyone can stand in front of a camera and answer questions, even if they are telling the truth.

But I imagine Mark Nichols interview on UM could be used as evidence.[/QUOTE]
Love A Good Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #57
UnsolvedMFanatic
Robert Stack's secret Wife
Frequent Poster

Biggrin

Haha...you are all going to laugh your asses off at me when I say this,I already know,but I don't think he did it. The very first impression I get from him,every time I watch the episode now and again,is that he is BEYOND way too stupid to pull a pair of boots off,let alone a murder. He's almost delightfully stupid. I mean,he's more entertaining than anything else. Personally,I think he knows who did it,I think he was involved in some way and may have even asked to have her killed,but I don't think he did it himself,he's just wayyyy too dumb. I'm not kidding when I say that I would be utterly shocked if he were even able to do elementary math. Unless he was severely drugged during the interview,he's a total mouth-breather. I'm shocked he was able to take care of his children himself after she died. A total DOOF.
That being said,again,I find it hard to believe he could have done this himself,and not have tripped up along the way. I could see where he was involved in some way,but I highly doubt he killer her himself.
There have been murder cases tried and then the defendant being found guilty on conjecture alone,we had a case locally here a few years ago,no body,no trace,exact same situation. Nothing. The husband was tried an convicted with no body,no proof of death,no DNA evidence,nothing. Two small kids left behind,and there's been no trace of her since,but he's rotting in jail,of course we all know he's guilty around here. So I like to think that even based on the circumstantial evidence they have in Christy's case,he would have at least been indicted by now. And for the blood found in the house? Hey,I gotta tell ya,if I came up missing,and investigators were to come in and luminal my house,they'd find my blood everywhere. A little here,a little there,some in every room of the house,and not a drop of it would be anything other my clumsy self,bleeding when I stubbed my toes,or being from after surgeries that I've had,falling on the floor and cracking my head (yeah,I have epilepsy,so it's not like I just go around falling on the ground all the time or anything).
Point being that the trace blood they did find in the home,and car,really could be explained away,as something unrelated to her disappearance.
Don't get me wrong,I don't believe she's still alive,I don't think she just up and "left",I think she was murdered,I just don't think it was him that did it.
Told ya you'd laugh at my take on this case,but thought I'd share anyway....
UnsolvedMFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #58
owenrock
Frequent Poster

Alright I just watched this segment again and boy I dont know how this guy didnt get convicted....Around the part where he said there were rumors that he hacked her up and put her in garbage bags and put her in the dump.....what if those werent rumors going around and thats what he actually did. Because if there was a history of abuse and she was going to divorce him not only would he lose his wife, but he would lose his kids and quite possibly his house not to mention all the money he would have to pay. I not only think he killed Christi but I also think that he planned it. He probably found something around the house or in her car about the divorce hence why on her last night she was drunk
owenrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #59
RedBasket
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenrock
Alright I just watched this segment again and boy I dont know how this guy didnt get convicted....Around the part where he said there were rumors that he hacked her up and put her in garbage bags and put her in the dump.....what if those werent rumors going around and thats what he actually did. Because if there was a history of abuse and she was going to divorce him not only would he lose his wife, but he would lose his kids and quite possibly his house not to mention all the money he would have to pay. I not only think he killed Christi but I also think that he planned it. He probably found something around the house or in her car about the divorce hence why on her last night she was drunk
Plus he appeared to be, in my opinion, the DUMBEST man ever. I mean....LOW IQ.

I do think he is guilty but I doubt he was smart enough to tell east from west, let alone pull off a stunt like this.

He is just unlikable and DUMB.
RedBasket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #60
Hops3098
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsolvedMFanatic
Haha...you are all going to laugh your asses off at me when I say this,I already know,but I don't think he did it. The very first impression I get from him,every time I watch the episode now and again,is that he is BEYOND way too stupid to pull a pair of boots off,let alone a murder. He's almost delightfully stupid. I mean,he's more entertaining than anything else.

I agree... The idea that this guy would have been able to pull off the murder and cover up is almost laughable. He'd have to be the absolute luckiest person on the face of the earth. I've heard of dumb luck, but this guy would set the bar.
Hops3098 is offline   Reply With Quote