Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 18, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #16
XiaoGouPi
Frequent Poster

Hi this is such a creepy and bewildering case, and I am surprised that no one is discussing about this.

Just watching the segment leaves me with a ton of questions. Either the UM makers conveniently leave certain details out, or the case just did not present any workable clues at all.

1) The first and most boggling question would be: How did the intruder enter/ exit the house ? The segment didnt seem to mention there was any. And considering that Anderson was a seasoned deputy, there was no reason for him not to suspect anything upon entering the house if he noticed his door was tampled with or his window broken into.

2) What reason will it be that Anderson's older son be spared?

Like someone else said earlier, how could it be possible that the elder son not be awakened by the gunshots in the house, or when theres someone else present in there?

Wouldnt the intruder wanna kill the son too, in case the son may identify him? Or hold the son hostage to get to Anderson's wife / make good his escape?

3) In what manner was Charles Anderson shot? Was he shot from the front or the back? I would think the angle where he was shot at could make a big difference in the case.

4) Was the murder weapn ever located? Was it Anderson's own revolver or did it belong to someone else?

I think the police at least would be able to tell from the bullets Anderson suffered what caliber bullets they were and what types of guns could have likely fired them.

5) Was Anderson's wife ever a suspect in the case?

I find it weird that if she saw her husband gunned down in the stairway, wouldnt her immediate concern be her son in the room, and rushed in to see if hes ok?

That would be everybody's instinctive action would it not?

Instead, she rushes down to grab the younger son and called the neighbours for help. This to me just doesnt seem right.

And Charlie's sister mentioned in the segment that Anderson had a wide eyed look, as if he had been shocked, or betrayed, which lingers with her til this day.

Perhaps its exactly what it is. His wife was the one who done him in. Thats why he had that look of disbelief on his face !!

That also explains why police were unable to uncover any fingerprints other than the family's !!

6) As for the strange caller who mentioned he had information regarding the Anderson's murder and didnt want his voice to be recorded.

Just because somebody calls in and claim they have information doesnt necessarily mean its true. It could very well be just a prank call.

I dont understand why they wanna put that much emphasis into that call.
XiaoGouPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #17
Steve_uk
Suspended
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaoGouPi
Hi this is such a creepy and bewildering case, and I am surprised that no one is discussing about this.

Just watching the segment leaves me with a ton of questions. Either the UM makers conveniently leave certain details out, or the case just did not present any workable clues at all.

1) The first and most boggling question would be: How did the intruder enter/ exit the house ? The segment didnt seem to mention there was any. And considering that Anderson was a seasoned deputy, there was no reason for him not to suspect anything upon entering the house if he noticed his door was tampled with or his window broken into.

2) What reason will it be that Anderson's older son be spared?

Like someone else said earlier, how could it be possible that the elder son not be awakened by the gunshots in the house, or when theres someone else present in there?

Wouldnt the intruder wanna kill the son too, in case the son may identify him? Or hold the son hostage to get to Anderson's wife / make good his escape?

3) In what manner was Charles Anderson shot? Was he shot from the front or the back? I would think the angle where he was shot at could make a big difference in the case.

4) Was the murder weapn ever located? Was it Anderson's own revolver or did it belong to someone else?

I think the police at least would be able to tell from the bullets Anderson suffered what caliber bullets they were and what types of guns could have likely fired them.

5) Was Anderson's wife ever a suspect in the case?

I find it weird that if she saw her husband gunned down in the stairway, wouldnt her immediate concern be her son in the room, and rushed in to see if hes ok?

Instead, she rushes down to grab the younger son and called the neighbours for help. This to me just doesnt seem right.

And Charlie's sister mentioned in the segment that Anderson had a wide eyed look, as if he had been shocked, or betrayed, which lingers with her til this day.

Perhaps its exactly what it is. His wife was the one who done him in. Thats why he had that look of disbelief on his face !!

That also explains why police were unable to uncover any fingerprints other than the family's !!

6) As for the strange caller who mentioned he had information regarding the Anderson's murder and didnt want his voice to be recorded.

Just because somebody calls in and claim they have information doesnt necessarily mean its true. It could very well be just a prank call.

I dont understand why they wanna put that much emphasis into that call.
A vey good post Xiao. I didn't realize that there was anyone else in the house at the time of the incident. The only thing I disagree slightly on is point 6,where the recipient of the call may have felt there was something in the caller's tone which expressed the sincerity and veracity of the call.
Steve_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #18
XiaoGouPi
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_uk
A vey good post Xiao. I didn't realize that there was anyone else in the house at the time of the incident. The only thing I disagree slightly on is point 6,where the recipient of the call may have felt there was something in the caller's tone which expressed the sincerity and veracity of the call.

Sorry Steve, but I didnt quite understand your post.

Of course there had to be someone in the house. Someone had to fire the gun that killed Anderson. No one was supposed to be in the house at that point of time.

And obviously by the time police arrived, the perpetrator was long gone.

The only question was who pulled the trigger?

My best guess is its either his wife who did it, cos naturally assuming his young sons couldnt be responsible for it, and no one else was there at the time..

Or its someone who Anderson arrested before in his police career that beared a grudge, so that person took revenge on him.

These are the most likely persons to have wanted him dead since burglary was ruled out as a possible motive.
XiaoGouPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:16 AM   #19
Steve_uk
Suspended
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaoGouPi
Sorry Steve, but I didnt quite understand your post.

Of course there had to be someone in the house. Someone had to fire the gun that killed Anderson. No one was supposed to be in the house at that point of time.

And obviously by the time police arrived, the perpetrator was long gone.

The only question was who pulled the trigger?

My best guess is its either his wife who did it, cos naturally assuming his young sons couldnt be responsible for it, and no one else was there at the time..

Or its someone who Anderson arrested before in his police career that beared a grudge, so that person took revenge on him.

These are the most likely persons to have wanted him dead since burglary was ruled out as a possible motive.
Sorry I have lost touch with this case as there is very little on google I have found and the original televised reconstruction I don't have access to. Are you saying that there was an elder son in the house at the time the father,mother and two boys returned to the house? I had always thought that there was a hitman hiding in that house waiting for the family's return,as there was no gun found at the scene of the crime,but if there was another child inside the house all evening this would seem unlikely. Another interesting fact is that the deceased man was wealthy beyond that of a normal everyday policeman.
Steve_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #20
countryloving225
Occasional Poster

Default stumped..

Another case that has me spinning... I firmly believe by the facts of a staged robbery, and that Charlie was the only one gunned down (the child in bed was left untouched) that it was a professional hit. Now to who did it is the true question that is being asked here. I think that his cases that he worked on and had a conviction and jail time should be reexamined. He is from Los Angeles area and could potentially gone toe to toe with gangs, drug dealers, mafia, and the like. I agree with other posts that the way the angel of the weapon was and fired could really lead to an MO of a previous offender or a trademark from a hitman. I ruled the wife immediately, because one she had a back injury and would need assistance into house along with the other sleeping child in the car. Two, the evidence (the little I could find) did not point to her in any way. I also believe that perhaps, he stumbled upon something at work (a friend, a partner, etc) and they were involved with one of the groups mentioned above. Please direct me to any additional info that anyone finds on this case, would like to see some justice served for his family.
countryloving225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #21
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryloving225
Another case that has me spinning... I firmly believe by the facts of a staged robbery, and that Charlie was the only one gunned down (the child in bed was left untouched) that it was a professional hit. Now to who did it is the true question that is being asked here. I think that his cases that he worked on and had a conviction and jail time should be reexamined. He is from Los Angeles area and could potentially gone toe to toe with gangs, drug dealers, mafia, and the like. I agree with other posts that the way the angel of the weapon was and fired could really lead to an MO of a previous offender or a trademark from a hitman. I ruled the wife immediately, because one she had a back injury and would need assistance into house along with the other sleeping child in the car. Two, the evidence (the little I could find) did not point to her in any way. I also believe that perhaps, he stumbled upon something at work (a friend, a partner, etc) and they were involved with one of the groups mentioned above. Please direct me to any additional info that anyone finds on this case, would like to see some justice served for his family.
Here is something I posted a year or two ago you might find interesting:

As far as Charlie Anderson, I recently read the book about the Dan Montecalvo case called "Final Vows". Dan Montecalvo was convicted of murdering his wife and his story was featured on the short lived spin-off "Final Appeal" and also on the Spike revamped UM. He claims he is innocent and a mentally unstable neighbor has pretty much confessed that her and her friend were looking for money for drugs one night, broke into their house and killed his wife. This neighbor also seems to be a suspect in the murder of Charlie Anderson. She doesn't come out and flat out confess but does act strangely and he was no doubt killed by a would be robber and another interesting fact is he only lived blocks from the Montecalvo's. Personally I think she's the one who killed Charlie Anderson.

Read more: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...#ixzz2IKu12oZX
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #22
bugnpinky
Frequent Poster

Quote:

Instead, she rushes down to grab the younger son and called the neighbours for help. This to me just doesn't seem right.

Read more: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...#ixzz2IkAyYj5h
To also branch off.....to me it does not make sense that she would wait in the car alone with one child while he goes alone upstairs to tuck the other into bed and then wait for him to come back. Bad back or not, she could have brought the other child in and at the very least waited downstairs if she could not take the child all the way up. I don't know, that just does not make sense to me. She was able to take the younger child and run to a neighbor's house, yet she couldn't take him inside at the same time as her husband took the other child in? She also said she heard the noises and went upstairs leaving her other child in the car alone? The killer kindly waited until Anderson had put the first child to bed and then killed him? This isn't making any sense at all.
bugnpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #23
saywhat
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugnpinky
To also branch off.....to me it does not make sense that she would wait in the car alone with one child while he goes alone upstairs to tuck the other into bed and then wait for him to come back. Bad back or not, she could have brought the other child in and at the very least waited downstairs if she could not take the child all the way up. I don't know, that just does not make sense to me. She was able to take the younger child and run to a neighbor's house, yet she couldn't take him inside at the same time as her husband took the other child in? She also said she heard the noises and went upstairs leaving her other child in the car alone? The killer kindly waited until Anderson had put the first child to bed and then killed him? This isn't making any sense at all.
If she had a bad back, then it makes sense to me that she would have had her husband take both kids into the house. Why take the risk of aggravating your back injury, or simply causing you a lot of pain, when there is a perfectly healthy person there to help you out? Also, maybe her husband was a doting guy who insisted that she stay in the car.

I can also believe how she was able to carry the baby later on: she must have had an enormous amount of adrenaline pumping after discovering her husband, and I'm sure that most parents would do anything in their power to get their child out of harm's way. [And yes, she left their other child in the house, but this also makes sense to me: she could, obviously, have been killed by the assailant if she had continued into the house - thus being no help to any of her children - and she couldn't have carried both of her children out at once, anyway].

I do believe the bare bones of her story, anyway.
saywhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #24
hypervelocity35
Occasional Poster

How the heck could anyone with a back hurting -so badly- she had to wait in the car, be capable of picking up a child and "running" to the neighbors house? The whole thing stinks! Obviously it was the wifes' doing (whether it was her or she hired a hitman). There was plenty of motive as he was rich and she had a lot to gain in terms of properties and the insurance policies of an officer being slain in his own home. She also knew that because he was a cop, that it could easily be blamed on an ex-con who had an axe to grind after being busted by him. The story makes zero sense. and this woman continues to live in the same home after such a traumatic experience? Doesn't that tell you something? The D.A. should just wake up and indict her already so this mans family can have some peace!
hypervelocity35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #25
MegtheEgg86

I recently saw the FA segment on Dan Montecalvo for the first time, and think Susan Brown was telling the truth in her confession.

Before I was even finished watching the segment, however, I'd already thought of Charlie Anderson. Given the proximity of the Andersons' home to the Montecalvos' (I initially had no idea they lived so closely to one another), I'd say Susan Brown or one of her associates is probably responsible. Just in terms of accounts of both crimes alone, they're essentially carbon copies of one another.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #26
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
I recently saw the FA segment on Dan Montecalvo for the first time, and think Susan Brown was telling the truth in her confession.

Before I was even finished watching the segment, however, I'd already thought of Charlie Anderson. Given the proximity of the Andersons' home to the Montecalvos' (I initially had no idea they lived so closely to one another), I'd say Susan Brown or one of her associates is probably responsible. Just in terms of accounts of both crimes alone, they're essentially carbon copies of one another.
Excellent point about how close Anderson and Montecalvo lived together. Although I'm not entirely convinced that Montecalvo didn't have a hand in orchestrating his wife's murder, I think it's a strong possibility that Susan Brown was involved in both homicides. Especially if she was breaking into houses looking for drug money.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #27
hypervelocity35
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Excellent point about how close Anderson and Montecalvo lived together. Although I'm not entirely convinced that Montecalvo didn't have a hand in orchestrating his wife's murder, I think it's a strong possibility that Susan Brown was involved in both homicides. Especially if she was breaking into houses looking for drug money.
You guys are connecting dots that are not even there. I personally know some of the subjects in this case and have been in that house on 1700 Oak St. on many of occasions, although it was nearly a decade after the crime occurred. The wife (Beth Anderson) is a cold human being, but makes it appear as though she is magnanimous by contributing to the community much like a mob boss does in order to win over public sympathy. She was BFF's with one of the most corrupt Mayors in Burbank history Stacey Jo Murphy (google her name along with Burbank mayor in the search)....this was a woman who along with her boyfriend were involved in providing gangs with guns for cocaine. One of the guns ended up killing a law enforcement officer. These are not nice people we are talking about here. It was rumored that Beth was already in a relationship with the man she would eventually marry (a friend of mine) at the time Charley was slain, but both deny it. Of all the times I was invited over there, the subject would only come up if the cops were harassing them again (they had been questioned on many occasions). She never once acted like the broken widow who was still hoping to find the killer of her husband. She had also lost 2 children (deaths) prior to the murder under peculiar circumstances. I want to clarify she never told me anything that would suggest she did it, however, I always had a creepy vibe that she was capable of such. Just my 2 cents.
hypervelocity35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:04 AM   #28
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypervelocity35
You guys are connecting dots that are not even there. I personally know some of the subjects in this case and have been in that house on 1700 Oak St. on many of occasions, although it was nearly a decade after the crime occurred. The wife (Beth Anderson) is a cold human being, but makes it appear as though she is magnanimous by contributing to the community much like a mob boss does in order to win over public sympathy. She was BFF's with one of the most corrupt Mayors in Burbank history Stacey Jo Murphy (google her name along with Burbank mayor in the search)....this was a woman who along with her boyfriend were involved in providing gangs with guns for cocaine. One of the guns ended up killing a law enforcement officer. These are not nice people we are talking about here. It was rumored that Beth was already in a relationship with the man she would eventually marry (a friend of mine) at the time Charley was slain, but both deny it. Of all the times I was invited over there, the subject would only come up if the cops were harassing them again (they had been questioned on many occasions). She never once acted like the broken widow who was still hoping to find the killer of her husband. She had also lost 2 children (deaths) prior to the murder under peculiar circumstances. I want to clarify she never told me anything that would suggest she did it, however, I always had a creepy vibe that she was capable of such. Just my 2 cents.
So--we have two very similar murders committed not even a mile apart, in the same city, in the same neighborhood, with the same person admitting to both on one hand.

And on the other, we have one person's musings on how the widow of one of the victims "should" have acted but apparently didn't, and about how she was friends with an apparently terrible mayor, and about how she never once told this person anything that would suggest she even thought about killing her husband, and this is somehow total evidence of her complicity in his murder.

I'll take our "dots", personally.
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:43 AM   #29
Jediknight1823
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypervelocity35
How the heck could anyone with a back hurting -so badly- she had to wait in the car, be capable of picking up a child and "running" to the neighbors house?
Survival instinct. Never underestimate what the human body is capable of when adrenaline is pumping. She found her husband murdered, that's going to get the adrenaline going, because she needs to get the hell out of there.
Jediknight1823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:09 AM   #30
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediknight1823
Survival instinct. Never underestimate what the human body is capable of when adrenaline is pumping. She found her husband murdered, that's going to get the adrenaline going, because she needs to get the hell out of there.
Absolutely. I would also include adrenaline and determination to get her baby out of the danger as well.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote