Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-10-2006, 11:21 PM   #1
robbieasbury
Frequent Poster

Default Kurt McFall

I was watching this case on UM today, I was wondering if anything has ever come up about this case. I believe it said in the segment that the police ruled it undetermined or something like that. That Gabriel Carrhotic,or whatever his name, sure was a weird guy in the way he talked about Kurt's father. I kind of felt sorry for Kurt's father and hoping that this case would eventually get solved.
robbieasbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:12 PM   #2
Mr. Fuji
Frequent Poster

One interesting thing I noticed about this case was either Robert Stack was pronouncing Gabriel Carrillo's name wrong or they misspelled his name. It clearly showed his name as Gabriel Carrillo in the segment, but Stack called him Carrhotic or something similar.

As far as the case goes, I really don't think there is anything unsolved or mysterious about it. It seems that he either fell or jumped off of their in a drunken stupor. There is no evidence at all that suggests he was involved in foul play.
Mr. Fuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:26 PM   #3
robbieasbury
Frequent Poster

His name was Gabriel Carrille he used the ancient welsh name Charottic, I don't know if that is the right spelling.
robbieasbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:53 PM   #4
wiseguy182

Default Kurt McFall

What struck me as weird in this case was the following: It was reported that he had trouble sleeping and supposedly went out for a spontaneous jog or something like that around 3 a.m. Now I could be wrong, but I don't know a lot of people that go from trying to sleep one minute, to doing rigorous physical activity the next, particularly in the middle of the night. I agree with one of the above posts in that he seemed like a good kid until he got mixed up in some bad stuff there at the end of his life.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:34 AM   #5
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
What struck me as weird in this case was the following: It was reported that he had trouble sleeping and supposedly went out for a spontaneous jog or something like that around 3 a.m. Now I could be wrong, but I don't know a lot of people that go from trying to sleep one minute, to doing rigorous physical activity the next, particularly in the middle of the night. I agree with one of the above posts in that he seemed like a good kid until he got mixed up in some bad stuff there at the end of his life.
This was one of my first few posts, and I think I'm going to end up having to retract what I said. I had mentioned that it was unlikely to get up in the middle of one's sleep and have the desire to do excercise. However, that happened to me just today. I woke up in the middle of my sleep as the power went off (still don't know what the cause of it was, probably a mouse in the transformer or something) and I can't sleep without the fan on. I was ticked at being woke up and I felt the need to go for a run or something. I don't know what it was. Maybe I figured running would get me tired again so I could fall back to sleep, or I just had a lot of frustration I wanted to burn off. Weird.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:59 AM   #6
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

I just saw this case for the first time on crystaldawn's DVD Vol. 2. Here's my question: why is it always with the Satanism on this show? For the sake of reference, I've done internet searches for "Satanism" and "Church of Satan," etc. In an era when you can find any weird thing people want to do on the internet, there is precious little on any organized Satanic cult activity out there. I understand, of course, that if people are doing something truly illegal (sacrificing animals and the like) they might not want to make a public advertisement of same, but at the same time the "freedom of speech" we enjoy is exercised, often in extraordinarily graphic detail, on the internet all the time. And yet there really isn't much out there about "Black Masses" and the like. The one "church" operating under the name of "Church of Satan" is not really worshipping the Devil as a Christian would commonly understand that term, but more of a "natural spirit."

It just seems to me that whenever a teenager is murdered in this show, Satanism is one of three more or less "automatic" explanations that people seem to reach for. And yet, it seems to me that ACTUAL devil worship is exceedingly rare.

In this case, of course, McFall's father is linking the kid's interest in Dungeons & Dragons to the occult and ultimately to Satanism. This, to me, is a little like people who believe the Ouija board is a gateway to evil --- I don't think the mystical powers of the underworld can be conjured by a $10 board made by Milton Bradley anymore than I believe that pretending to be a dragon and rolling a 12-sided die, however weird-looking that object may be, can turn you into someone capable of channelling Beezlebub.

What I mostly curious about in this case is the kid's father's apparent disinterest in a more obvious motive for his murder (if he was murdered) or suicide --- a lover's quarrell. What 17 year old kid stays over at the house of a 35 year old man who is just a "friend"? Perhaps McFall was depressed that his firend simply left him out in the living room and went to bed --- i.e., he was hoping to have a romantic encounter --- and when it didn't materialize, he drove off in a huff, pounded a few beers, and decided to end it all (I also like McFall's father's contention that his son "didn't drink" --- sure buddy, you go right ahead and believe that if it makes you happy; he hangs out with all sorts of people over 21, he, according to you, was becoming interested in worshipping the Devil, but alcohol at 17? --- that's immoral). Alternatively, maybe he and his friend did go out there and get into some kind of altercation, and he ended up over the cliff.

I'm just stunned at how often "Satanism" or some variation on that theme comes up in these segments. From everything I can gather, it's not a common thing to do at all!
mozartpc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:01 AM   #7
DarkDante

To answer your question regarding "Satanism": It was the times - In the eighties there was this paranoia about satanism especially around young adults like Kurt McFall. The fact that McFall was dabbling in religions that were not widely accepted by society at large or were thought to be cults I think added the whole "satanism angle" for this segment.

Personally I've always felt that Kurt McFall died in either exactly the way that Carrhotic said he did or in a similar fashion. I don't believe that Carrhotic or his religious group had anything to do with McFall's death. I found Kurt's friend who gave chapter & verse on satanism to be a bit creepy and although I do feel for Kurt's father I think that a lot of things he says seem to be typical parental overreactions or just a father working through his grief.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:30 PM   #8
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartpc27
What I mostly curious about in this case is the kid's father's apparent disinterest in a more obvious motive for his murder (if he was murdered) or suicide --- a lover's quarrell. What 17 year old kid stays over at the house of a 35 year old man who is just a "friend"? Perhaps McFall was depressed that his firend simply left him out in the living room and went to bed --- i.e., he was hoping to have a romantic encounter --- and when it didn't materialize, he drove off in a huff, pounded a few beers, and decided to end it all (I also like McFall's father's contention that his son "didn't drink" --- sure buddy, you go right ahead and believe that if it makes you happy; he hangs out with all sorts of people over 21, he, according to you, was becoming interested in worshipping the Devil, but alcohol at 17? --- that's immoral). Alternatively, maybe he and his friend did go out there and get into some kind of altercation, and he ended up over the cliff.
Well, it is possible since this is San Fran we're talking about, which does have a high gay population. But I doubt it. A 35 year old and a 17 year old sexual relationship would have meant it was statutory rape. As has been mentioned before, Corrodic might appear to be a bit unusual to most, but I think he's relatively harmless.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:22 AM   #9
wiseguy182

the pre-series specials sure did have some freakishly cool music, like in this segment when Kurt's father visits his grave towards the end of the segment, and in the Dottie Caylor segment, about mid-way through when her actress gets off the train.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:07 PM   #10
wiseguy182

working an extremely rare evening shift, and it's BORING

reseraching cases online, and I found an article that claimed Kurt had a carving in his back, this might point more towards murder. Let me know if anybody wants links to this stuff.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:05 AM   #11
fabgourmet
Frequent Poster

Default the problem with cases like this

Please post the link about Kurt McFall. Bizarre case.

The problem with a case like this is that all of the background info may be totally misleading- a bunch of red herrings. Really, almost anything is possible I think.

This reminds me of a case like Carson Prince, there were all these bizarre background situations about her mayor father and her drug-dealing boyfriend and where she was going when she was murdered because she wasn't where she was supposed to be, etc. but in the end, it was a totally random act of horrific violence by some stranger who was a serial killer.

Kurt's dad seems so pained in this episode. I wonder if he ever found any peace. It's like 25 years or so since his death (haven't watched that episode in a long time but I think it was early 80s).
fabgourmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:21 AM   #12
crystaldawn

Pretty interesting reading....here's the link:

http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-an...?msg_id=00Aa3f
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:43 PM   #13
wiseguy182

Here is the link

http://www.modern-psychiatry.com/d_&_d_deaths.htm

Kurt' case is #19.

The paragraph does call Corrodic's group as a Satan worshiping group. I wish they gave more info, but they didn't. They seem to know some stuff not mentioned in the segment.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:46 PM   #14
crystaldawn

I wonder which article is more accurate. The one I posted said he had mysterious injuries on his back like he had been lashed with a whip.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:02 PM   #15
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

This is pretty interesting...I was listening to my favorite radio show, the Armstrong & Getty show, via the podcast today and during the show a guy named "Matt from San Francisco" called and brought up the Kurt McFall case and claimed Kurt was his cousin.

THE CASE IS NOT DISCUSSED AT ALL BEYOND THE BRIEF MENTION but I just that it was pretty random. If you're interested, the guy "Matt" calls in at about 19:30 of ANG072307. Then a guy "Vincent" representing the Society of Creative Anachronism calls up to defend the club at about 34:30 and the hosts rib him pretty good. You can get it here:
http://www.talk650kste.com/cc-common...ttypodcast.xml Armstrong and Getty 072307-8am

All that aside, I would recommend these guys to EVERYONE who even slightly enjoys talk radio. They're both mid-western guys who relocated here to Sacramento about 10 years ago and now are broadcasting throughout the Central Valley and Bay Area. Conservative people think they're way too liberal and liberal people think they're way too conservative...which, to me, means they're just perfect.
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote