Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 18, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-25-2007, 07:22 PM   #76
Gangreen
Frequent Poster

Isabella Kramer was the greatest Segment ever created. IT was like Watching Elaine From Seinfeld Overpower Newman
Gangreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:56 PM   #77
marlins3
Forum Regular

Oh No

The magic rock segment is so bad it's good. The acting on it is horrible "It's really cool".... Could they have found less believable actors to portray the boys?
marlins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:02 PM   #78
unsolvedfan4life
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by connieallbright
I can't stand the child genius who prefers museums and archeology digs. That boy is a chore to listen to - I'd love an update on what he's up to these days.
LOL. Maybe I am wrong to agree, but that kid is so anoying!!!! I kind of feel bad for kids like that who never had a chance for a normal childhood. There is part of him who is really disturbed. I do wonder what became of him????
Old 09-16-2007, 01:33 PM   #79
sam starkweather
Occasional Poster

I dunno. I can totally see how it is racist to sensationalize the fact that it was the graves of slaves. However, I just watched that one on the DVD set, and the Haneys really seemed genuine. People that age dont risk all they have worked for in life over something they dont believe in. Maybe Im easily duped, but I defintely thought that THEY believed what was happening to them was real. Whether or not I do, not sure....

And to whoever said that the Haunted Bunk Bed segment was worthless, right on! Seriously, at one point they said they thought it was the devil. If a "devil" as we know it truly existed, I doubt that it would spend its time playing with radio dials and putting paint brushes in cans.....

Even the family wouldnt show themselves.

Silly.
sam starkweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:52 PM   #80
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

I have to say the fertility statues were an all time low. . .
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #81
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

I have a new and sort of strange addition to this list, in that it does involve an "unsolved" death. These types of cases are of course usually well past the threshold of minimal interest, and are, personally, my favorite kinds of cases along with missing persons. So this is a bit of an exception to the usual rule.

Nevertheless, I just recently re-watched the Kenneth Inge (Enge?) case; this is the one about the guy who is found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning in his own garage. A pickup truck was also in the garage, but not running when Kenneth was found. At first glance this appeared to be a suicide, but some of Kenneth's friends kicked up a fuss and said he wasn't the type to off himself. It came out that Kenneth, an auto body mechanic, was in a fight earlier that evening with another auto body mechanic over who was going to take home a cocktail waitress. Kenneth had lost the fight and the girl, and in retaliation had intentionally broadsided this other mechanic's car with his own car as he was leaving the bar. This other mechanic, being the mental giant that he was, decided to go to Kenneth's home to give Kenneth's truck as good as his own had gotten; while he was kicking Kenneth's truck, he claims he heard a groaning coming from inside Kenneth's garage. When he went to check it out, he saw Kenneth on the ground, to his eyes apparently just passed out from a night of heavy drinking. He left him there, unaware, apparently, of how dangerous a place the garage had become, owing to a lethal amount of carbon monoxide that had been inside of it. Kenneth was found dead later in the same spot this other mechanic left him. The other mechanic freely admits to all of this.

I nominate this one as a stupid case for UM principally because the "competing narrative," proposed mostly by a friend of Kenneth's, to the authorities' account of what happened is so undifferentiated. The authorities don't even claim that Kenneth killed himself intentionally; since the car was found off, this would be a tough claim anyway. The authorities suggest that Kenneth sat inside his truck, engine running, for a little while, anticipating yet another confrontation with the other mechanic - I think they deduced Kenneth was waiting for the other mechanic because he was apparently found with a shotgun nearby. After a while, he starts to realize that the carbon monoxide is getting to him and this was, in general, a terrible idea, and so he turns the car off and attempts to exit the garage. Drunk and disabled because of the carbon monoxide, he doesn't quite make the door, and ends up dying from the remaining exhaust in the garage.

Kenneth's friend claims that what happened was that the other mechanic arrived while Kenneth was still in full possession of his faculties, though Kenneth had apparently still had allowed the truck to run in the garage for quite some time before the other mechanic showed up - even Kenneth's friend concedes this point. When the other mechanic shows up, they fight, the other mechanic gets the best of Kenneth again, knocking him to the ground. Then, before leaving, the other mechanic shuts off the pick up truck, leaving Kenneth.

The problem with this theory is that the coroner assures us, on camera, that there were no signs on Kenneth's body of a fight shortly before his death. He did not appear to have been assaulted.

This, to me, is a really, really lame case for UM; even if we accept Kenneth's friend's narrative of Kenneth's death, and not the "official" version, exactly what crime could the other mechanic be charged with? Even in the alternate theory of the case, there is clearly no intent to kill Kenneth, since the other mechanic, by Kenneth's friend's own admission, would have had to turn the truck off himself. Moreover, if there was enough carbon monoxide in the garage to kill Kenneth, it must have been because Kenneth, and no one else, had been running the truck in the garage for some time before the other mechanic even showed up. So, by both accounts, Kenneth was the one chiefly responsible for the garage being filled with carbon monoxide, and, at worst, the other mechanic turned the truck off, attempting to keep the garage from becoming unsafe for human habitation, but he apparently was too late in his efforts. I don't see how charges could be filed, even if we take everything Kenneth's friend says for gospel truth.

I find it quite surprising, therefore, that they would have bothered to film this case, when they, as we know, turn down so many worthy alternatives. Check out this case, about which I only recently found out, which UM was asked to profile, but never did. So far as I can discover, it has never been solved; indeed, the missing person in question does not even appear on the Doe Network or the Charlie Project:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John P. Martin
John Bealer started July 30, 1993, the way he started most days, waking around 7 a.m. and preparing for work. He didn't have a long commute. Miller's, the auto shop where Bealer worked as a mechanic, was a quarter-mile from his house along Route 309 in Germansville.

He grabbed the morning paper and met his wife, Barbara, on their back patio for coffee. They lamented the news that Nazareth was ending its Cruise Nights. Both were car enthusiasts, and even had his and her '57 Chevys.

He left at 7:45 a.m., she recalled. She was recovering from an operation, but decided to work for a few hours. She left around 11 a.m.

She returned home at 2 p.m. A garage door was open, the couple's Plymouth inside, its hood up. A radio blared. John had wanted to replace a gasket in the car; he must be doing it, she figured. Even drained the antifreeze, she noticed.

His wallet, keys and other belongings sat undisturbed in the house. She called his name, inside and outside. Silence answered.

She began calling friends and relatives. No one had seen him.

Two days shy of 51, John Bealer was gone.

At 6 the next morning, his wife called the state police. That afternoon, they searched the largely rural area with a helicopter. Fliers with his description -- 5-foot-3, 145 pounds, gray hair, green eyes -- spread throughout the community.

About 300 people canvassed the area two days later -- but found nothing.
<snip>

Quote:
Originally Posted by John P. Martin
Mrs. Bealer tensed anytime she read or heard that a body had been found. She wrote to "Unsolved Mysteries," but the show's producers declined to televise her case.
The above information is excerpted from an article by John P. Martin that appeared in the article originally published in the Monday, January 9, 1995 edition of the Allentown Morning Call.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:39 PM   #82
Mastermind

Quote:
Nevertheless, I just recently re-watched the Kenneth Inge (Enge?) case; this is the one about the guy who is found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning in his own garage. A pickup truck was also in the garage, but not running when Kenneth was found. At first glance this appeared to be a suicide, but some of Kenneth's friends kicked up a fuss and said he wasn't the type to off himself
I disagree. I think this was a good UM segment in that it showed how blurry the line is between accident, suicide and murder. As you can attest to mozartpc, there are tons of cases that where those lines are blurred and it is impossible to conclusively make a determination.

From what I have learned from coroners, they usually always go with murder first unless there is clear cut evidence against it.

Detectives, who are overworked, tend to always try to go with accidental and suicide whenever possible.

I haven't even gotten to insurance investigators or personal injury lawyers who have their own agendas.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:48 PM   #83
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
I disagree. I think this was a good UM segment in that it showed how blurry the line is between accident, suicide and murder. As you can attest to mozartpc, there are tons of cases that where those lines are blurred and it is impossible to conclusively make a determination.

From what I have learned from coroners, they usually always go with murder first unless there is clear cut evidence against it.

Detectives, who are overworked, tend to always try to go with accidental and suicide whenever possible.

I haven't even gotten to insurance investigators or personal injury lawyers who have their own agendas.
But Mastermind, my point was that, just from judging the evidence at the scene and the cause of death (carbon monoxide inhalation), the only kind of "murder" that would be possible would be someone trying to poison him in that way. The problem is that even the people claiming the authorities' story is false concede that the guy who supposedly did this turned the truck off; they probably concede this because, since the truck was found off, he must have been the one to turn it off if Kenneth Enge wasn't responsible for the whole incident in the first place.

But the obvious problem with that is: why would he do this if he was trying to kill anybody? Again, even Kenneth's friend concedes that the other mechanic turned the car off. So, essentially, he is conceding the other mechanic had no intent.

QED, there is no "murder," per se. Even the people who think so don't think so. It's like the least compelling "mystery" ever.
mozartpc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:02 PM   #84
marlins3
Forum Regular

I posted this before. I think Ingey (sp?) sat in the vehicle for some time with the engine running . He then shut off the engine and continued to sit in the truck. He heard Heck arrive and got out of the truck, collapsing before he reached the door. The friend interviewed in teh segment is actually Ingey's uncle.
marlins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:12 AM   #85
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Georgia Rudolph cannot be brought up too often in any Hall of Shame. The most beautifully filmed pile of garbage to behold!
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #86
VikingsGal
Frequent Poster

Quote:
The story itself and the way it was depicted looked a little hokey. In a scene the son (who seemed to weight 300 pounds at least) was attacked by his little and thin 16 yo wife, who was apparently possesed by the ghost. To see the actress acting like it was a bad Exorcist parody and dominating her huge husband just made me laugh .
Oh gosh I hope I don't sound too mean but that chubby hubby was...not attractive. At all. I thought to myself, gee I hope that new wife is happy: Stuck with a very overweight hubby AND getting to live with his parents! WOW!
VikingsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #87
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlins3
I posted this before. I think Ingey (sp?) sat in the vehicle for some time with the engine running . He then shut off the engine and continued to sit in the truck. He heard Heck arrive and got out of the truck, collapsing before he reached the door. The friend interviewed in teh segment is actually Ingey's uncle.

I discovered that actual spelling of Kenneth's last name is Engie. For years, I thought his surname began with an "I" because it sounded like it was being pronounced, In-gee.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:22 AM   #88
egswanso
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP4CE INV4DERZ
Old topic but what the heck;

First one that came to mind was Tony Marabella... guy falls over playing baseball...shiit happens n errr the end...something like that
The stupidest thing about that case is that if you look at the guy's numbers, you can't even tell when he "got better" cause he never did, he always sucked. Topped out hitting .225 in brief AA action.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=marabe001ant
egswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:59 AM   #89
egswanso
Forum Regular

I have to nominate one (lesser known) case that I saw on UM on Spike and made a brief post on - Conradina Olsen.

Essentially, the segment is this: woman is looking for her ancestor (great-grandmother, i think) who got on a train and rode away, never to be seen again, sometime in the early 20th century.

The focus of the segment is two-fold, a "psychic" told the woman some generic and unverifiable crap about great-grandma, which convinced the woman her great-grandfather murdered Conradina and that she's buried in Missouri because some town there has an old story about a woman who got off a train, fought with a man, and was killed. The whole problem with this is that the segment makes clear the Missouri story took place 20+ years before Conradina disappeared. What, then, was the point of making it the focus and why, other than a fondness for magical thinking and deficiency in drawing conclusions, would the woman ever think this had anything at all to do with her ancestor?
egswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #90
FanfromES
televidente
Frequent Poster

I think the purpose of all these 'stupid' segments was to add some light-hearted content to the show. In order to gain a wider audience.

After so many stories of murder and missing persons a story like Rainboy could have worked as a comedy relief. Not to me BTW
FanfromES is offline   Reply With Quote