Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2015, 06:06 PM   #151
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebZissel
You have to have a nuanced understanding of the Randall Utterback case.

Just like everything else in life. It's not cut and dry, nor black and white.
so unless you have inside information you are going off of what people have said here and on the internet to defend him? What about the other people that said Randall was abusive to them as well should we discard that or treat it as fact?

To me the most telling info on Randall and the main reason he was featured is that he escaped from jail and did not face his charges. We can sit here and debate a lot of things about this case, but how is that defendable? or at least how is it not on your top 5 listing of utterback mistakes...
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #152
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebZissel
If I remember correctly, Randall was facing one of two possibilities:

75 years.

or

3 life sentences.

Wouldn't that make anyone want to escape?
Well I've never committed a crime that made me feel like I needed to escape from jail so I can't answer that 100%. But if I did get arrested for something I'd like to think I would own up for my actions and face my punishment. On the flip side if I were innocent I wouldn't commit a crime to rebel against the system and leave my family behind forever. I would fight through the court until I got justice. This is a weak argument so now I feel like you are just doing a bit.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:53 PM   #153
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebZissel
I'm not doing a "bit."

Denise played the "Damsel in Distress" card very well. The cards were stacked against him.

I believe the trial would have inevitably sent him away to prison so he panicked.

Dallas Texan- maybe you have a better moral compass than Randall. Not everyone wants to face the music.
Ok so if it's not a bit....None of those excuse him of his actions. He's the only one of the two that is a current fugitive, but you seem to be ok with people escaping from jail if they were wronged by their boyfriend/girlfriend who is accusing them of a crime? That isn't a case of morality it's a case of legality and it is illegal and therefore wrong no matter what your morals are.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:09 PM   #154
Spark Of Spirit
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 20, 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebZissel
You have to have a nuanced understanding of the Randall Utterback case.

Just like everything else in life. It's not cut and dry, nor black and white.
Everything, you say? Where's the grey area in the Original Night Stalker case?
__________________
A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.
― G.K. Chesterton
Spark Of Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:00 PM   #155
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Moderator
Senior Member
 
LooksLikeCRicci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 27, 2005
Posts: 3,747
Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci
Default

Reb, you strike me as a pretty intelligent dude.

That being said... Please do some research about the psychology between a victim of domestic violence and the abuser. The dynamics are very similar to what is shown in Randall and Denise's relationship.

Did Denise do all those things? Quite possibly. Why? Because she's acting in self-preservation. She's going to do or say ANYTHING to keep herself safe. That includes being intimate with him. That includes agreeing to marry him. That includes getting in a car with him.

I'm sorry. You're not convincing me. Denise is a victim. Randall is a fugitive. Nothing else to say.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:00 PM   #156
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
I think we all DO have an understanding of the Utterback case. I've said this in other threads, in addition to this one:

I don't care if Denise is the biggest whore on the block and ran around naked in all her glory all the live long day for everyone to see. I don't care if she WAS a manipulative eighteen year old who promised him the world to get what she wanted. At the end of the day, it does not matter. She did not deserve what happened to her.

Does Randall Utterback have a side in the story? Of course he does. But instead of choosing to face his charges AND TELL THAT SIDE OF THE STORY, he ran away and hid. So no one knows what his defense would have/ could have been. I've worked both sides of the table in criminal matters. Defense attorneys (myself included) have planted reasonable doubt in the mind of jurors with the "ehh, she's a big slut" defense.

While we're so busy pointing the finger at Denise, did anyone ever stop to consider the fact that Randall was considerably older than her? Even IF Denise was the terrible person that some on here have painted her out to be, shouldn't Randall (in his 12+ years more life experience) have caught onto that and stopped associating with her? Stopped giving her money? Stopped supporting her and giving her a place to live? Instead, he chose to stalk and terrorize her.

He gets no sympathy from me. While I respect the opinions of those who think that he was just some "poor schmuck in love who got burned by a femme fatale," the fact of the matter is that one person and one person alone is responsible for what happened: Randall Utterback. HE kidnapped Denise. HE stalked her. HE terrorized her.

I'm baffled that there's argument going the other way. At the end of the day, just own your actions. He chose to run away instead.
I agree I'm baffled too. for his supporters that do not know him personally I wonder if this is an issue of a perceived lack of gender fairness under the eyes of the law. Maybe you can clear that up a little? I do not have that opinion personally...In this case the guy ran so we don't know what the final outcome would have been. Most of us conclude he must have been guilty.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:10 PM   #157
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
6. Escaping from jail and not defending his case if he had a leg to stand on. Or just admitting his mistakes and facing the punishment. By now his time would be served and he'd be back to crashing HS proms legally.
^ This.
__________________
"Why is she lying?, it makes me wonder. What is she hiding?, it makes me wonder."

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:11 PM   #158
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
I think we all DO have an understanding of the Utterback case. I've said this in other threads, in addition to this one:

I don't care if Denise is the biggest whore on the block and ran around naked in all her glory all the live long day for everyone to see. I don't care if she WAS a manipulative eighteen year old who promised him the world to get what she wanted. At the end of the day, it does not matter. She did not deserve what happened to her.

Does Randall Utterback have a side in the story? Of course he does. But instead of choosing to face his charges AND TELL THAT SIDE OF THE STORY, he ran away and hid. So no one knows what his defense would have/ could have been. I've worked both sides of the table in criminal matters. Defense attorneys (myself included) have planted reasonable doubt in the mind of jurors with the "ehh, she's a big slut" defense.

While we're so busy pointing the finger at Denise, did anyone ever stop to consider the fact that Randall was considerably older than her? Even IF Denise was the terrible person that some on here have painted her out to be, shouldn't Randall (in his 12+ years more life experience) have caught onto that and stopped associating with her? Stopped giving her money? Stopped supporting her and giving her a place to live? Instead, he chose to stalk and terrorize her.

He gets no sympathy from me. While I respect the opinions of those who think that he was just some "poor schmuck in love who got burned by a femme fatale," the fact of the matter is that one person and one person alone is responsible for what happened: Randall Utterback. HE kidnapped Denise. HE stalked her. HE terrorized her.

I'm baffled that there's argument going the other way. At the end of the day, just own your actions. He chose to run away instead.
^ AND this.
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:40 PM   #159
dynoguy88
Member
Senior Member
 
dynoguy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 01, 2000
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 2,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
I think we all DO have an understanding of the Utterback case. I've said this in other threads, in addition to this one:

I don't care if Denise is the biggest whore on the block and ran around naked in all her glory all the live long day for everyone to see. I don't care if she WAS a manipulative eighteen year old who promised him the world to get what she wanted. At the end of the day, it does not matter. She did not deserve what happened to her.

Does Randall Utterback have a side in the story? Of course he does. But instead of choosing to face his charges AND TELL THAT SIDE OF THE STORY, he ran away and hid. So no one knows what his defense would have/ could have been. I've worked both sides of the table in criminal matters. Defense attorneys (myself included) have planted reasonable doubt in the mind of jurors with the "ehh, she's a big slut" defense.

While we're so busy pointing the finger at Denise, did anyone ever stop to consider the fact that Randall was considerably older than her? Even IF Denise was the terrible person that some on here have painted her out to be, shouldn't Randall (in his 12+ years more life experience) have caught onto that and stopped associating with her? Stopped giving her money? Stopped supporting her and giving her a place to live? Instead, he chose to stalk and terrorize her.

He gets no sympathy from me. While I respect the opinions of those who think that he was just some "poor schmuck in love who got burned by a femme fatale," the fact of the matter is that one person and one person alone is responsible for what happened: Randall Utterback. HE kidnapped Denise. HE stalked her. HE terrorized her.

I'm baffled that there's argument going the other way. At the end of the day, just own your actions. He chose to run away instead.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:09 PM   #160
wiseguy182
Member
Senior Member
 
wiseguy182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 11, 2006
Location: Wendy's salad bar
Posts: 6,907
Default

What I remember most about this case was Randall kidnapping Denise and forcing her into his car and driving away at a high speed with Denise pleading for him to allow her to get her feet and legs into the car. She could have easily slipped out and smacked her head against the road and been killed in a horrific fashion. I don't remember what the charges what Utterback were or if it was mentioned, but they should have nailed him for attempted murder.

In regards to what Denise went through with the car, ain't nobody going to bring that on themselves. It must have been a very terrifying and traumatizing experience.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:09 AM   #161
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
What I remember most about this case was Randall kidnapping Denise and forcing her into his car and driving away at a high speed with Denise pleading for him to allow her to get her feet and legs into the car. She could have easily slipped out and smacked her head against the road and been killed in a horrific fashion. I don't remember what the charges what Utterback were or if it was mentioned, but they should have nailed him for attempted murder.

In regards to what Denise went through with the car, ain't nobody going to bring that on themselves. It must have been a very terrifying and traumatizing experience.
I would like to review this segment haven't seen it in a while but I've seen it countless times. Funny thing is the very first time I saw it I thought he was nerdy and possessive. I have to say this is one of the best titled threads ever.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:36 AM   #162
wiseguy182
Member
Senior Member
 
wiseguy182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 11, 2006
Location: Wendy's salad bar
Posts: 6,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
I would like to review this segment haven't seen it in a while but I've seen it countless times. Funny thing is the very first time I saw it I thought he was nerdy and possessive. I have to say this is one of the best titled threads ever.
As D.J. Tanner on Full House would say, he's a "nerdbomber".

Been wanting to use that word for a while now.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:53 PM   #163
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
As D.J. Tanner on Full House would say, he's a "nerdbomber".

Been wanting to use that word for a while now.
Haha......ok I rewatched it albeit in French and he's just as nerdy. The actor really was nerdy. And the long hair pic doesn't help. He looks kind of like geddy lee from rush
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:19 PM   #164
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
And the long hair pic doesn't help. He looks kind of like geddy lee from rush
With the HUGE exception that Geddy Lee actually is cool.
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:20 PM   #165
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
With the HUGE exception that Geddy Lee actually is cool.
Very much so....an older cool guy 😉
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 AM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.