Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Current Dramas/Dramedies > Supernatural

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

TV Jeffrey Dean Morgan Returns for "Supernatural's" 300th Ep.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan Open to More Supernatural
Source: Silas Lesnick
September 14, 2009

Despite his rapidly rising filmic stardom, Jeffrey Dean Morgan hasn't forgot about the TV shows that put him on the map and there's one in particular that he'd like to get another shot at: the CW's Supernatural.

"I just read somewhere that [series creator Eric] Kripke wants me back," says Dean Morgan with a smile.

"That guy - I think he's probably lying - but if it is, in fact, their last year, I'd like to come back. If it really is going to be cancelled after this year, I'd like to come back. I've been saying for the last four years that that storyline got cut out too soon. I'd love to go back for at least one episode or something. I love those guys. I love Jared [Padalecki] and Jensen [Ackles] so much. We'll see."

Dean Morgan played John Winchester, father to Padalecki and Ackles' Sam and Dean Winchester, in 12 episodes over the first three seasons. Though Kripke has stated that season five is to be the last, rumor also has the series continuing with an all-new cast.

"I heard that, too," says Dean Morgan of the series' proposed shift in focus.

"Getting new actors and everything. Jared and Jensen wouldn't even be in it. Just to fulfill his seven years. I don't know if that's even allowed and, by the way, I can't imagine Warner Bros. saying, 'Yeah, that's cool. You can get rid of Jared and Jensen.' They were going to, like, take on secondary characters, maybe. I just don't see that happening. If you take out Jared and Jensen, you're going to lose 90 percent of your audience, probably."

Supernatural just began it's fifth season last week, airing Thursday nights on the CW network.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=11794
Attached Images

Last edited by JamesG; 12-12-2018 at 07:59 PM.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:14 AM   #2
tv star collector
I Love Susie

I'd like to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan return to Supernatural. And I agree
with his statement; if Dean and Sam Winchester go, there goes 90% of the
audience, too.
tv star collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
AB
Supernatural - Dean
Forum Celebrity

It would be nice to see him back on the show for a few episodes. I'm sure they could figure out a way to do it since they were able to bring Dean back up out of h***. And I can't imagine Supernatural without Jensen Ackles & Jared Padalecki.
AB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 02:54 PM   #4
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Jeffrey Dean Morgan Wants to Return to "Supernatural" (But He Has a Special Jensen-Related Request)
by Michael Ausiello
July 18, 2015

Count Jeffrey Dean Morgan among those "Supernatural" fans anxious for a John Winchester resurrection.

The actor — who last appeared as Sam and Dean’s late pa nearly a decade ago — tells TVLine that he wants back in bad. “I would absolutely love to come back,” he says. “There’s no official talk that I know of, but I’m always in contact with Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles — they’re very good friends of mine.

With me it’s always been about scheduling,” adds Morgan, who just booked a season-long stint on "The Good Wife". “But hopefully we can find a little time and they’ll write something that I can do. It would be a great joy to go back and play with those guys.

And Morgan only has one small request of The CW: he wants Ackles to helm his comeback episode.

I would love to have Jensen direct me, honestly.” he says. “I think that would be a very cool deal. That’s always what I’ve been pushing for.

Creatively, there has never been a better time for Papa Winchester to resurface. At Comic-Con last weekend, executive producer Andrew Dabb hinted that Season 11 (bowing Oct. 7) will dredge up “some things” from Sam and Dean’s past that “we haven’t dealt with in a long time but will have some really interesting repercussions for both guys.

Dabb later added that Morgan’s return was inevitable. “To me, it’s not if he comes back, it’s when. When’s the right time? When it’s going to be for maximum impact? What you don’t want to do is bring a character like that back and waste the opportunity.

http://tvline.com/2015/07/18/superna...eason-11-john/
Old 09-27-2017, 12:54 PM   #5
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Jeffrey Dean Morgan Reveals his Hopes for a "Supernatural" Return
by Liam Mathews
Sept. 27, 2017

Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who starred as John Winchester on The CW's "Supernatural" from 2005-07 and has cast a long shadow over the series ever since, has an idea for how John can return and properly say goodbye to his sons Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles).

John has been dead since the Season 2 premiere when he gave his soul in exchange for saving Dean's life. He has only returned once onscreen since, in a silent cameo in the Season 2 finale, as well as lending his voice to an episode in Season 3. But if Sam and Dean's long-deceased mother Mary (Samantha Smith) was resurrected, why not their father? That's what Morgan would like to know!

Morgan, currently on "The Walking Dead", did a Q&A at a "Supernatural" fan convention in New Jersey over the weekend where he said:

"We talk about it all the time and I've been saying it for years -- because it's Supernatural, and you can come back (as proven by every actor that's ever been on the show), I certainly hope that at some point not only will John return in some capacity.

But I think that Sam and Dean need to have some closure with this guy and I think that John would like the opportunity to have some closure, and I think you, the audience, deserves it.
"

http://www.tvguide.com/news/jeffrey-...atural-return/
Old 12-12-2018, 07:59 PM   #6
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Jeffrey Dean Morgan to Reprise John Winchester Role on Upcoming "Supernatural" Episode
by Denise Petski
December 12, 2018

"The Walking Dead" star Jeffrey Dean Morgan is returning to The CW’s "Supernatural" to reprise his role as John Winchester for the series’ 300th episode.

Morgan will appear in the episode titled “Lebanon” that will air Thursday, February 7 at 8 PM.

We’re incredibly excited to have Jeffrey back for this milestone episode, and think fans will love what we have planned for his character… and a few other surprise guest stars,” said executive producer Andrew Dabb.

Morgan appeared as the character in a total of 12 episodes beginning with the first season in 2005 through 2008.

https://deadline.com/2018/12/superna...de-1202518876/