Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > TV Series on DVD/Streaming News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Renews The Moodys for Second Season; NBC Preparing to Put Peacock Into Flight
Fri-Yay: Never Have I Ever, Netflix's Best Sitcom; Ramy Gets Season 3 on Hulu
NBC Reviving Weakest Link; truTV's I'm Sorry Gets Charitable
HBO Max Orders Series Based on Hair Love; Comedy Central Inks Deal with John Mulaney
Dead to Me Picked Up for Final Season on Netflix; CBS All Access Orders Star Trek Animated Comedy
ABC to Rebroadcast Live in Front of a Studio Audience: All in the Family and Good Times Episodes on Tuesday (July 7); Anthony Anderson and Billy Eichner to Guest Host ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! This Week
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 6, 2020)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June/July)

Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven

04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-23-2020, 09:03 AM   #61
RedPenguin
Frequent Poster

I just wanted to give everybody a heads up on a nice find that I just learned of.

I just learned about Folk TV via another forum that was discussing the ShoutFactory TV Carol Burnett news.

http://myfolk.tv/

I know it's not like the majority of stuff posted in this thread being that it's a live streaming channel and not AVOD-type on demand content but it's a nice addition especially if you are a cord cutter.

Usually around 8PM everyday (except Sun) they air two hours of Carol Burnett (supposedly very similar to MeTV's but sometimes different skits of the same episode.

I noticed they also air Jack Benny, Red Skelton, Sherlock Holmes, Beverely Hillbillies, and more.

I know the Carols probably won't mean too much if SF does actually release entire episodes but it's a nice channel to stream for someone like me who's a cordcutter and has all the odds against him. I mean my area doesn't have many of the classic subchannels and I'm in a bad reception area and my cable co doesn't carry many of the subchannels that are in my area.

I really hope one day that channels such as Cozi, MeTV, Antenna, Get TV, etc, all go streaming one day as I can think of so many that would be watching them constantly.....
RedPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:02 PM   #62
Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPenguin View Post
I just wanted to give everybody a heads up on a nice find that I just learned of.

I just learned about Folk TV via another forum that was discussing the ShoutFactory TV Carol Burnett news.

http://myfolk.tv/

I know it's not like the majority of stuff posted in this thread being that it's a live streaming channel and not AVOD-type on demand content but it's a nice addition especially if you are a cord cutter.

Usually around 8PM everyday (except Sun) they air two hours of Carol Burnett (supposedly very similar to MeTV's but sometimes different skits of the same episode.

I noticed they also air Jack Benny, Red Skelton, Sherlock Holmes, Beverely Hillbillies, and more.

I know the Carols probably won't mean too much if SF does actually release entire episodes but it's a nice channel to stream for someone like me who's a cordcutter and has all the odds against him. I mean my area doesn't have many of the classic subchannels and I'm in a bad reception area and my cable co doesn't carry many of the subchannels that are in my area.

I really hope one day that channels such as Cozi, MeTV, Antenna, Get TV, etc, all go streaming one day as I can think of so many that would be watching them constantly.....
That would include myself if these networks were to get the right shows and schedule them at a decent hour so that more people can watch them.

TUBI

Airy TV

Archive

Uncle Earl's Classic TV

CTV Throwback

Last edited by Sal; 05-23-2020 at 04:24 PM.
Sal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:07 PM   #63
RedPenguin
Frequent Poster

Interesting.....Folk TV actually has "The Carol Burnett Show" like MeTV is airing.

I figured it'd probably just be CB&F at first.

I always assumed that MeTV had exclusivity on the show as no other subchannel would ever air it.

I'd be curious to check later the aspect ratio as I wonder if they cut stuff off like MeTV does.

On a side note, I don't think blue for the F in Folk TV's on screen logo was the best choice.....most of the time it looks like it just says Olk TV......
Old 05-26-2020, 07:41 AM   #64
MA
Forum Legend

Xfinity has it, and it’s on channel 686 here.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:30 PM   #65
Sal

This week, CTV debuts a pair of spinoffs from two of the most popular sitcoms of the 70s: "All In The Family" and "Sanford and Son".

After "All In The Family" ended in 1979, CBS introduced a sequel, "Archie Bunker's Place", which picks up where the original beloved series left off, with Archie Bunker fullfilling his dream of owning a bar in Queens, NY. The rest of the Bunkers were no longer around, but daughter Gloria still managed to find a series of her own, called simply "Gloria", which is also debuting on CTV Throwback this week. You can see both series here:

Archie Bunker's Place (CBS 1979-83, 4 seasons, 81 episodes) (Crackle)

Gloria (CBS 1982-83, 1 season, 20 episodes)

CTV doesn't have the rights for "All In The Family" yet but it should only be a matter of time, like maybe a few weeks, before that show is added to their collection.

For "Sanford & Son", CTV Throwback used a little trickery which you might not be aware of unless you know where to look. I have mentioned before that CTV had "Sanford Arms" while Crackle had "Sanford". Now CTV has both. "Sanford Arms" debuted the year after "Sanford & Son" had ended but CTV Throwback has not included it as a separate series. Instead, they have it hidden away right after the final season of "Sanford & Son". "Sanford Arms" was not very successful, running for only one season, so NBC tried again with "Sanford", a series which had Redd Foxx as Fred Sanford out on his own without his son Lamont. Like "Sanford Arms" it also only lasted only one season but now it can be available here to watch at any time:

Sanford And Son

Sanford Arms

Sanford (NBC 1980-82) (2 seasons, 26 episodes) (Crackle)

This week on TUBI, new seasons of old favorites:

It's A Living (Season 2)

That Girl (Season 3)

Speaking of TUBI, as a partner of Shout Factory, you can expect "The Carol Burnett Show" to arrive there very soon. The Shout Factory TV site will be hosting a live continuous 48 hour Carol Burnett Show Marathon beginning at midnight tonight and running all weekend with the complete series (all 11 seasons) to follow on Monday June 1st. I will have the links for you on Monday so that we can all enjoy them.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:22 AM   #66
RedPenguin
Frequent Poster

Well mainly bad news in that ShoutFactory TV's first episode was just a "Carol Burnett & Friends" right off the bat.

They did say curated episodes during the marathon, so I guess they could possibly still have full episodes later.....

Anyway, it's still good news because even if it's CBF/CBS like MeTV, they prob don't air it in the weird MeTV Aspect Ratio and the quality is much better than my local MeTV channel.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:39 AM   #67
MA
Forum Legend

The Carol Burnett Show also airs on a channel here called Hapa.
MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 03:23 PM   #68
Sal

Here are a few other links where you can watch the series and the marathon:

Shout Factory TV

Roku Channel

Twitch

XUMO Channel 265

Pluto TV Channel 188

IMDB TV

Stirr TV
Old 05-30-2020, 03:32 PM   #69
DJM77

Send a message via ICQ to DJM77

Tubi has the 1957 sitcom Blondie now.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:42 PM   #70
RedPenguin
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA View Post
The Carol Burnett Show also airs on a channel here called Hapa.
Yes that's the same one known as Folk TV.

I have no clue which name is which but it appears to go by both names.
Old 05-30-2020, 11:21 PM   #71
RedPenguin
Frequent Poster

Oh wow that's interesting.

I took a glance at one episode called "The Carol Burnett Show S01E01 - Jim Neighbors" on ShoutFactory & MeTV.

I noticed Shout has a longer intro of Carol saying like "This is the first show" & "Looks like we have a new crowd here" then "can we bump up the lights?". (Paraphrasing)

Oddly the MeTV's version just starts with "But we can turn up the lights?" which seems like a strange opener.....

Also Shout's version I noticed aspect ratio wise has like 1.5-2 inches or so of the background above her head but MeTV has her head almost cut off.....

EDIT: I was wrong about the different intros, as didn't realize Carol wore the same outfit in both S1E1 Jim Neighbors and S1E10 Martha Raye. MeTV & Shout seem to line up.

Last edited by RedPenguin; 06-01-2020 at 12:43 AM.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:10 AM   #72
RedPenguin
Frequent Poster

You can already watch some of Carol's eps on Shoutfactory TV.

http://www.shoutfactorytv.com/videos...submit&q=carol

Oddly I can't find the actual page for her only in the search results but ShoutFactory seems to go by PT time so there it's not actually midnight yet.

http://www.shoutfactorytv.com/the-ca...0f64000180bd20
http://www.shoutfactorytv.com/the-ca...0b110001d47ed8

I think they look pretty decent compared to MeTV or Folk but I don't know if they are the exact same ones or not.

The reason I say that is, one person said Folk's copies don't even always match MeTV's copies.

I do like how I recorded MeTV for years now (like 8 months to get a re-air for a failed recording) with CB&F then TCBS and right after I make sure I have every episode, ShoutFactory TV just goes, "Oh here you go, you can just get them all online for free at once" (The Roku Channel did that to me with Joey Bishop, tried to get the show via Retro then Antenna then right after all episodes released......).

Last edited by RedPenguin; 06-01-2020 at 03:16 AM.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:21 AM   #73
RedPenguin
Frequent Poster

http://www.shoutfactorytv.com/series...l-burnett-show

That's the link to all episodes. Oddly I almost guessed that link but I have no idea why there is an X in Carol but other than that, I guessed the URL.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:58 PM   #74
Sal

Here's a few other series that arrived around the same time as Carol Burnett from various providers this week:

TUBI - It's A Living (Season 3)

CTV Throwback - 704 Hauser Street (CBS)(1994) (1 season, 6 episodes) (YouTube) - A black family moves into the Bunkers' old house but doesn't stay for very long. This very obscure Norman Lear sitcom stars John Amos of "Good Times" as the new head of the iconic house.

CRACKLE

The Rifleman (Complete Series)

My Favorite Martian (Complete Series)

IMDB

Malcolm In The Middle (Complete Series)

VUDU

Hopalong Cassidy

Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse

The Cisco Kid

The Roku Channel

Johnny Carson

...and finally, the big one!

Shout Factory - The Carol Burnett Show (Complete Series)
Old 06-07-2020, 02:23 AM   #75
RedPenguin
Frequent Poster

What is going on with The Roku Channel?

I noticed it's saying "ShoutFactory TV Subscription" for certain seasons but the episodes are free on ShoutFactoryTV.com.

Not sure if I am missing something or glitch.....