Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Facts of Life Online / The Facts of Life links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Facts of Life Photo Gallery / The Facts of Life - Fan Fiction Board / The Division Board

The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Six

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Six on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Seven

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Seven on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Eight

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Eight on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Series

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Series on DVD (Amazon.com)

(Shout! Factory)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Fan Fiction > The Facts of Life - Fan Fiction

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Renews The Moodys for Second Season; NBC Preparing to Put Peacock Into Flight
Fri-Yay: Never Have I Ever, Netflix's Best Sitcom; Ramy Gets Season 3 on Hulu
NBC Reviving Weakest Link; truTV's I'm Sorry Gets Charitable
HBO Max Orders Series Based on Hair Love; Comedy Central Inks Deal with John Mulaney
Dead to Me Picked Up for Final Season on Netflix; CBS All Access Orders Star Trek Animated Comedy
ABC to Rebroadcast Live in Front of a Studio Audience: All in the Family and Good Times Episodes on Tuesday (July 7); Anthony Anderson and Billy Eichner to Guest Host ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! This Week
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 6, 2020)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June/July)

Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven

04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-04-2010, 12:30 AM   #136
Nighthawk76
Rachel Berry
Forum Veteran

Leigh, I'm not sure that I can forgive you for putting Blair through such an awful experience. Still, I do have to say that this was another good chapter from you. I could totally relate to how Blair felt about being back in the hospital. I don't think anyone is ever comfortable in a hospital. I also really like the attention you pay to detail.
Nighthawk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:46 PM   #137
LoveMrsG
Future Emmy-Winning Writer
Forum Regular

Location: In Mrs. G.'s mind: "Hmm, maybe I didn't know as much as I thought!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shine
Leigh, I'm not sure that I can forgive you for putting Blair through such an awful experience. Still, I do have to say that this was another good chapter from you. I could totally relate to how Blair felt about being back in the hospital. I don't think anyone is ever comfortable in a hospital. I also really like the attention you pay to detail.
I know how bumpy the ride's getting, Mike. I'm sorry. I know things are getting pretty rough right now, but if you'll hang in there with me, do trust me when I tell you that it WILL be worth it all in the end. And thanks for the compliment about paying attention to detail. I do try.

I am about to post chapter 23 right now, and I will say that I hope it'll be a little easier for you and B. and all my lurkers to digest. I know everybody's probably still exhausted and trying to recover from whiplash after getting through chapters 21 and 22. Chapter 23's considerably shorter than my chapters usually are, so hopefully it'll be a little easier to digest. I know chapter 21 was about ten miles long.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #138
LoveMrsG
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillan598
that was a beautiful recap of 12 Hours! I love how Mrs. G was so surprised and happy to have Blair home and how she already is being so loving and motherly to her, forcing her to eat and rest. Sweet!

--------------------------------------------
Designer Lingerie
Wonderbra
Oh wow! This is certainly an unexpected surprise! This is awesome, getting a new poster on my thread! Many thanks for your compliments, and welcome aboard the TFF thread! Pleasure to meet you, dillan598.
LoveMrsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:44 PM   #139
Nighthawk76
Rachel Berry
Forum Veteran

I'm sorry that it took me so long to read your latest chapter, Leigh. As with your previous chapters, the detail is really good. I especially like how you described the doctor's office. Doctor's offices do tend to look the same don't they? I really like how your wrote Blair being more worried about hurting her loved ones then actually losing her life. I really like to think that is how Blair would react in a situation like this. I think you did a great job writing Jo and Alex. Setting the scene between the girls in a Catholic hospital was also a nice touch.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:46 AM   #140
LoveMrsG
Forum Regular

Hey all.

I just wanted to say that I am really sorry that I have taken this long to update TFF, but the reason for the delay is because I've been getting really close to the climax of this story and I knew that if I waited until I got up to that point to actually write the cllimax chapters out, I would be so stressed about doing a good job that I probably would not write them out very well at all, so I just decided to go ahead and write those particular chapters out in advance. Now that those chapters are complete, I hope and I believe writing out the rest of the story won't be too difficult, and I certainly don't intend for there to be any more delays in posting. My thanks for all your patience, and I hope everybody enjoys chapter twenty-four.

Last edited by LoveMrsG; 08-28-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:19 PM   #141
Nighthawk76
Rachel Berry
Forum Veteran

I think this is a another really great chapter by you, Leigh. It does seem a little bitter sweet because there is certainly a sense here that the story is coming to an end. As always I love your use of words. Its almost lyrical.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:27 AM   #142
LoveMrsG
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shine
I think this is a another really great chapter by you, Leigh. It does seem a little bitter sweet because there is certainly a sense here that the story is coming to an end. As always I love your use of words. Its almost lyrical.
Thank you so much, Mike. I'm glad you're still enjoying TFF, even though I've had this story going on FOREVER now!!! Goodness, how many years has it been since I started posting TH...two?? Three?? Thirty?? I'm really glad you're still into the story.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #143
Nighthawk76
Rachel Berry
Forum Veteran

Leigh, I'm sorry that I didn't get around to reading your new posts until now. Frankly, I had no idea that you had posted more since I don't stop by here that often anymore. As Billie herself said, your writing is as excellet as ever. As with past chapters I really like the attention that you pay to detail. Also, the way you write the characters is very much like the way they are on the show.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:43 AM   #144
LoveMrsG
Forum Regular

Default Retraction

Hello, everyone.
I realize it's been many years since these companion stories were first posted here at SO. Basically, I'm bringing back this ooooold thread because I feel I need to do a retraction and give an apology to my readers. When I first began these stories, I was in my twenties and I was basically naive to the point of being HORRENDOUSLY STUPID. I wrote these stories wanting to fight against an issue that is very close to my heart, the issue of abuse and child abuse in particular, wanting to honor the Lord by using my gift of writing to help other child abuse victims know that there was somebody out there who understood what they were going through and to say how wrong and evil ALL forms of abuse are. Pedophilia and child sex abuse are obviously the biggest issues these stories deal with. When I wrote Jo's subplot, her falling in love with Mrs. Garrett's son, a man considerably older than she was, this is where I got SICKENINGLY naive and stupid. I believed that what I was trying to convey at the time was that society in general tends to judge and look down on younger people, especially teens, and think of them as being ALWAYS, ALL THE TIME less mature and less intelligent than adults. I wanted to use Jo's story to convey the fact that this is not always so, and to say that people should not always come to the conclusion that because you're a teenager, you're AUTOMATICALLY less intelligent than an adult or AUTOMATICALLY immature and stupid. I wanted to say in Jo's part of the story that people shouldn't automatically come to those kinds of conclusions about people just because they're young.

However, now that I am older and (HOPEFULLY!) a little bit wiser, I understand the dangers of what I've written, and I realize that through Jo's story, I may have accidentally given pedophiles a way to excuse away their evil desires and actions against children/teens, AND THAT IS THE LAST THING I EVER MEANT OR WANTED TO DO. I actually meant to use these stories to stand up for child abuse victims and to take a stand against pedophilia, but through my own stupidity, I may have accidentally endorsed the very thing I was actually trying to fight against. I meant these stories to HELP and NOT to do harm, and if I have in ANY way caused harm to ANY of my readers, I do sincerely apologize with all my heart, and I want you all to know I will be far more careful in what I write and what I post from now on.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:12 AM   #145
RoryGilmore
Always and Forever

Send a message via MSN to RoryGilmore

Hello, You and I use to be friends on here many years ago, I recently rediscovered this section, recognized your name and thought this was a past 3 years post not a past 10 years posts like my stories and I wanted to just say Hi and hope all has gone well for you in the past 9 years
And all along I believed, I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
RoryGilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 05:58 PM   #146
valentina warner

Question 12 Hours and the fifth floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMrsG View Post
Hello, everyone.
I realize it's been many years since these companion stories were first posted here at SO. Basically, I'm bringing back this ooooold thread because I feel I need to do a retraction and give an apology to my readers. When I first began these stories, I was in my twenties and I was basically naive to the point of being HORRENDOUSLY STUPID. I wrote these stories wanting to fight against an issue that is very close to my heart, the issue of abuse and child abuse in particular, wanting to honor the Lord by using my gift of writing to help other child abuse victims know that there was somebody out there who understood what they were going through and to say how wrong and evil ALL forms of abuse are. Pedophilia and child sex abuse are obviously the biggest issues these stories deal with. When I wrote Jo's subplot, her falling in love with Mrs. Garrett's son, a man considerably older than she was, this is where I got SICKENINGLY naive and stupid. I believed that what I was trying to convey at the time was that society in general tends to judge and look down on younger people, especially teens, and think of them as being ALWAYS, ALL THE TIME less mature and less intelligent than adults. I wanted to use Jo's story to convey the fact that this is not always so, and to say that people should not always come to the conclusion that because you're a teenager, you're AUTOMATICALLY less intelligent than an adult or AUTOMATICALLY immature and stupid. I wanted to say in Jo's part of the story that people shouldn't automatically come to those kinds of conclusions about people just because they're young.

However, now that I am older and (HOPEFULLY!) a little bit wiser, I understand the dangers of what I've written, and I realize that through Jo's story, I may have accidentally given pedophiles a way to excuse away their evil desires and actions against children/teens, AND THAT IS THE LAST THING I EVER MEANT OR WANTED TO DO. I actually meant to use these stories to stand up for child abuse victims and to take a stand against pedophilia, but through my own stupidity, I may have accidentally endorsed the very thing I was actually trying to fight against. I meant these stories to HELP and NOT to do harm, and if I have in ANY way caused harm to ANY of my readers, I do sincerely apologize with all my heart, and I want you all to know I will be far more careful in what I write and what I post from now on.

Hello LoveMrsG why did you delete those 2 great stories you wrote:
12 HOURS and THE FIFTH FLOOR? (i read it years ago and i loved it!)
I was wanting to read them again but you deleted them from this site, and i didn't think that was possible???
Would you be able to post them again (especially 12 HOURS cos it's my favourite) if you are still a member on this site, PLEASE???

valentina warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 06:19 PM   #147
CharmedWalker84
Occasional Poster

Thank you for explaining why you deleted the story, and I understand your reasoning. I was just wondering if you might consider revising it to reflect your maturity now and reposting it? I understand if you don’t want to, but there are so many of us that loved these stories! Thanks!
CharmedWalker84 is offline   Reply With Quote