Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Green Acres links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Green Acres Photo Gallery

Green Acres - The Complete First Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete First Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Second Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Third Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Third Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > Green Acres

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine
The Flintstones Coming to MeTV in Fall 2019; Lifetime Tackles The College Admissions Scandal

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
Miss Lisa

Unhappy Becoming More and More Unheard of?

Do you think that this show is becoming less popular? It seems like only a few years ago, if I mentioned the show there would be at least a few people in the room that would know what I was talking about. Now, if I go somewhere with a new group of people, they have no idea what I am talking about.

I know that it is an old show, and that it is normal for less people to know what it is over time, but it just kind of strikes me odd that as little as three or four years can make that much of a difference.

~♥~"No matter how big or soft or warm your bed is, you still have to get out of it."~♥~
- Grace Slick

http://deviantrose112.posterous.com/
Miss Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
Marvo301
I'm NOT a Blockhead!
Forum Veteran

Cool

I think the fact that the DVD releases stalled after season 3 doesn't help.

A life isn't worth living unless it has impact on other lives. Jackie Robinson

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin
Marvo301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
Miss Lisa

That, and probably the fact that TV Land is cluttered with their new original shows rather than showing shows like this.
Miss Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
Regulus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvo301
I think the fact that the DVD releases stalled after season 3 doesn't help.
I turned to sell.com to get the remaining seasons.

Bucket List Shows: Hot Wheels, Skyhawks, Run Joe Run, Westwood
Regulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Whenever a show isn't in a regular rotation on some network, it does seem to leave people's minds. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess.

It's a show that I haven't seen much in a long while, and there's a lot of episodes of it I've never seen, so I'd be up for a renewal. I don't look for it, though...TVLand and NickatNite seem to be dedicated to terrible reality shows and 90's reruns.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
biffbronson
"My Three Sons" Fan

Maybe it will help a little that Me-TV is showing episodes on Wednesday nights this summer, in prime time.

Also, one of the World Harvest channels I can catch has been showing 3 episodes every Saturday afternoon/evening...! And they're all from the late seasons!

"For you are beautiful ~ And I have loved you dearly ~ More dearly than the spoken word can tell..."

"What's the word?" (Paul Martin) ~~ "I don't want money for nothing." (Timmy Martin) -- Lassie ROCKS! WORD UP

"It's just a dugout that my dad built... In case the reds decide to push the button down..."
biffbronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #7
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Send a message via AIM to gilligan fanatic

I agree with everyone, when its on TV, it's "popular" Would also love to get a retail release of the last freaking seasons

Filmaf ~ Twitter ~ Last.FM
gilligan fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #8
comedyfreak
Cheers!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus
Thanks, I'll check it out I need season 3.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:35 AM   #9
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffbronson
Maybe it will help a little that Me-TV is showing episodes on Wednesday nights this summer, in prime time.

Also, one of the World Harvest channels I can catch has been showing 3 episodes every Saturday afternoon/evening...! And they're all from the late seasons!
ME TV is also showing it saturday nights at 6 & 6:30

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
treky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #10
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Send a message via AIM to gilligan fanatic

I think the whole series is on hulu too
gilligan fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:34 PM   #11
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus
I got my seasons 4-6 from ioffer but I'd buy official releases in a heartbeat if they were released. I'm hoping Shout! will release a complete series set!
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #12
torcan
Frequent Poster

Becoming more and more unheard of? It's becoming that way for many old series, I'm afraid. Think of all the old series that you haven't seen on TV in years. As TV moves further and further away from the classic shows were grew up with, there seems to be less and less demand for them. The stations will state that these shows simply won't get the audience to make it worth their while, and we'll have to resort to buying the series on DVD - if it's even released that way
torcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:15 PM   #13
PhoenixAcres

This is an interesting topic. Almost everyone that I've ever asked about the show says they've never heard of it. When I mention it's from the '60s I can almost hear their interest level dropping like a stone. I guess it's the sad truth that as time goes on, most things will be vastly forgotten. That's part of the reason I enjoy visiting this site, so I can talk with other enlightened people who know what gems lie in the past.

It seems most pre-90's media is leaning toward the obscure side these days (relatively speaking) and its fans are becoming less numerous. But it sort of raises the question: Do you want shows like Green Acres to go mainstream again? Maybe part of what's appealing about these shows (especially to people like me who grew up 30 years after the fact) is that they aren't of this time, and aren't being talked about in every place possible, with mountains of fanbases ensuring the show is at the top of the country's collective consciousness. Maybe the show's position outside of popular culture allows its smaller fanbase to develop a deeper, more personal connection to the work. Or maybe that's just me.
PhoenixAcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:30 PM   #14
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

It's sad that kids now don't know what real, clean comedy is. Maybe when they get older and more mature, they'll start looking and find these classics.

A co-worker I used to know was in her mid 20s and she'd never seen an episode of "I Love Lucy". I told her she was just plain dumb for not knowing about Lucy. LOL
tlc38tlc38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 01:47 PM   #15
PracTz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
It's sad that kids now don't know what real, clean comedy is. Maybe when they get older and more mature, they'll start looking and find these classics.

A co-worker I used to know was in her mid 20s and she'd never seen an episode of "I Love Lucy". I told her she was just plain dumb for not knowing about Lucy. LOL

I agree it's very sad that kids have zero idea about this part of our heritage. Try talking to any 20-something about any songs, movies, TV shows, people which around before 1997! It's getting more often than not like trying to talk hieroglyphics.

Last edited by PracTz; 09-09-2017 at 11:51 AM.
PracTz is offline   Reply With Quote