Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post > Trading Post - Archives - Read-Only

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: A Look at the Party of Five Reboot; The Simpsons Not Ending Soon, Says Producer

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-25-2004, 10:31 AM   #1
tdubel
Forum Regular

Default Bad Trader - Texasman aka Joe Warren aka Joe Griffin

Well,
I hate doing this, but now is time. Joe Griffin aka Joe Warren aka Texasman on this board has not come through. We had a deal for some of his eps, but it has been 2 months and I just found another post about him buried on the "What's Happening" board. I also noticed he just posted here. Until I get my tapes, I cannot give any praise and would like a response from Texasman. Email is 'tnsuperman22@yahoo.com' and he is from Tennessee. All seemed well until it came to providing my tapes.

Anybody else with experience with Joe?

Tom D.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:30 PM   #2
Agent 13

Default Joe Griffin

Joe Griffin's been discussed elsewhere:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%2...nbbsa05&rnum=7

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%2...ing.net&rnum=8

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%2...btv.net&rnum=9

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%2...th.net&rnum=12
Old 08-25-2004, 12:57 PM   #3
tdubel
Forum Regular

Default WOW

Jen,
he posts here as " texasman" . Guess I will start the mail fraud and internet fraud proceedings. I hate doing this, why oh why he couldnt just send the 3 tapes?? Ridiculous. He should be banned from here.

Tom
Old 08-25-2004, 02:26 PM   #4
Agent 13

Default Re: WOW

Quote:
Originally posted by tdubel
Jen... He should be banned from here.

Tom
TJ is the one to contact in the matter of banning members. I have no authority to do that, though sometimes I wish I did.

Jen
Old 08-26-2004, 12:03 AM   #5
Collinwood2003
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

I emailed him last night about his Alice tapes and he replied back very fast. Glad you are posting him as a bad trader since he charges 20 dollars a tape. I would never pay that much for a tape. I never traded or bought anything from him but glad other people will know what a fraud he is. You can probably find him on the Alice board to at sitcoms.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:07 AM   #6
tdubel
Forum Regular

Default More Info on the Guy

Well,
here is more information, he has another id and email here:
joegriffin22@yahoo.com TV tape trader Joey.

I definitely am filing the fraud complaint.

Tom
Old 08-26-2004, 09:21 AM   #7
tvfan0101
Forum Regular

N/A

Last edited by tvfan0101; 03-30-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:51 AM   #8
stoogedog
Forum Regular

Default reply

hi, i agree. a trader is not bad if they are charging more than what you are willing to pay. if you don't want to pay the asking price, then don't. but price doesn't make a trader bad. not following thru on a trade or sale makes them a bad trader. if you pay their asking price but don't receive what you paid for, then the trader can be classified as bad. $20 may not be a bad price if they have very rare video and are using high grade name brand tapes with high quality video and audio and including priority mailing w/ delivery confirmation and/ or insurance. just my two cents. thanks
Old 08-26-2004, 10:36 AM   #9
tdubel
Forum Regular

Hi,
Agree with the comments on price, but I think the point of Collinwood's post was that "Glad I didn't pay that much" to a guy who is a fraud.

My scenario is I am out $40, do I care about the money, NO. I am pissed about dealing with a scammer. I take that seriously as everyone here knows my reputation is flawless, if I say I am going to do something, I do. Therefore, just like I went after Richard Johnson(with some success, I did get my tapes, his stuff is just not high quality and he is a scammer), I will go after Mr. Griffin.

Tom D.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:08 AM   #10
Collinwood2003
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

I didn't mean about the price makes them a bad trader. I'm just glad I didn't send them any money since this person is now a bad trader.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:46 AM   #11
tdubel
Forum Regular

Default Forgot to update this

End of this story was a happy ending, after contacting Internet Fraud and Mail Fraud, I received a nice letter back from Joe Griffin expressing how sorry he was and a postal money order for $40.

Moral of the story, FILE ALL COMPLAINTS.

Tom D.

I did the same with the infamous Richard Johnson and I received tapes in that instance, albeit crappy, but I knew going in b/c of the show they would not be great.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:36 PM   #12
Agent 13

Tom,

I submitted a form to Internet Fraud over Tina Ledbetter's nonsense, and in turn, she sent me a box of junk tapes. She'd used delivery confirmation, and as far as the authorities were concerned, I'd gotten my end of the deal.

Glad to hear your situation turned out good. This is probably more likely with a less well seasoned bad trader, I'm afraid.