Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Will & Grace links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Will & Grace Photo Gallery

Will & Grace - Season One
Buy Will & Grace - Season One on DVD
Will & Grace - Season Two
Buy Will & Grace - Season Two on DVD
Will & Grace - Season Three
Buy Will & Grace - Season Three on DVD
Will & Grace - Season Four
Buy Will & Grace - Season Four on DVD
Will & Grace - Season Five
Buy Will & Grace - Season Five on DVD
Will & Grace - Season Six
Buy Will & Grace - Season Six on DVD
Will & Grace - Season Seven
Buy Will & Grace - Season Seven on DVD
Will & Grace - Season Eight
Buy Will & Grace - Season Eight on DVD
Will & Grace - Series Finale
Buy Will & Grace - Series Finale on DVD
Will & Grace - The Complete Series
Buy Will & Grace - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Current Sitcoms > Will & Grace

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time a Hit in Ratings; Late Night Talk Set to Return Next Week
Fri-Yay: Review of One Day at a Time Season 4 Premiere; NBC Sets Will & Grace Finale Night and Special I Love Lucy Episode
CBS Slates Primetime Special from Home with James Corden; Fox Announces Living Room Concert for America
Antenna TV Schedule Change on March 30, Doubling Up Comedies; Millionaire 20th Anniversary Premiere Celebs
ABC Giving A Modern Farewell to Series; Samantha Bee Returns from Home on Wednesday
Bounce Sitcom Returns April 1, No Foolin'; Never Have I Ever Gets Netflix Premiere Date
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of March 23, 2020)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February/March)

My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One Martin - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series

01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)
02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
02/25 - Better Things - The Complete Third Season
03/17 - Crashing - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-24-2019, 08:58 PM   #1
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Default Megan Mullally to miss two episodes amid rumors of a feud with Debra Messing

https://tvline.com/2019/10/24/megan-...ing-season-11/

Karen Walker will be absent from two of the 11th and final season's 18 episodes, according to a TVLine report published shortly before tonight's final season premiere. "Itís not clear why Mullally took the time off, but her mini-departure comes amid rumors of friction on the set between her and co-star Debra Messing," says TVLine's Michael Ausiello. There have been reports of a behind-the-scenes feud for the past few months, with Radar Online reporting in August that "they canít stand to be near each other, and it created an impossible atmosphere on the set." Last month, Eric McCormack denied any tension, telling Us Weekly: ďThe four of us get along like a house on fire, we always have.Ē As Ausiello notes, "the scuttlebutt started earlier this year when sharp-eyed fans noticed that Mullally and Messing stopped following each other on Instagram. And in subsequent Will & Grace-themed social media posts, the pair have rarely been pictured together. (It also appears that Mullally has stopped following her aforementioned onscreen sidekick, Sean Hayes.)" Neither NBC nor Mullally have responded to TVLine's request for comment.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:28 AM   #2
Chocolate Moose

That's too bad!!!!
Old 10-29-2019, 01:51 PM   #3
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Will & Grace's final season is hard to watch amid rumors of a Megan Mullally-Debra Messing feud

"A whiff of enmity now hangs over the last episodes of Will & Grace that we are ever likely to get," Charlie Mason says of the feud rumors. "And frankly, I resent having to watch them wondering how many scenes and subplots were dictated less by creativity than acrimony. Am I being oversensitive? Is it asking too much to expect a group of celebrated, well-paid professionals to bury the hatchet — again, one that we can’t know exists to need burying — in order to deliver to fans of their series a last hurrah that’s really worth cheering?"
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:26 PM   #4
James28

As a fan of Karen Walker, I am NOT happy about her missing even one episode of Will & Grace. If Megan Mullally and her alleged feud with Debra Messing really does turn out to be the reason that W&G has to stop producing new episodes for good, then fans are going to turn against W&G and avoid its "second final season" (especially the two episodes that Karen will be absent from), and fans will hate Megan Mullally for the rest of their lives. They went from "We think of the W&G special-attraction episodes the way Karen thinks of martinis." to "There is no Will & Grace without Karen Walker, period.".

Plus, is a Karen Walker spinoff of W&G just too little too late just because Ms. Mullally is past the age of 60?
Old 01-10-2020, 09:03 PM   #5
Duster76
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by James28 View Post
As a fan of Karen Walker, I am NOT happy about her missing even one episode of Will & Grace. If Megan Mullally and her alleged feud with Debra Messing really does turn out to be the reason that W&G has to stop producing new episodes for good, then fans are going to turn against W&G and avoid its "second final season" (especially the two episodes that Karen will be absent from), and fans will hate Megan Mullally for the rest of their lives. They went from "We think of the W&G special-attraction episodes the way Karen thinks of martinis." to "There is no Will & Grace without Karen Walker, period.".

Plus, is a Karen Walker spinoff of W&G just too little too late just because Ms. Mullally is past the age of 60?
James, the show tanked last year, the only reason it came back was because the network made a two year commitment. This year the numbers are no better (it looks like the numbers are actually getting worse). There is no way this show would be renewed let alone lead to a spinoff.
Duster76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:16 PM   #6
James28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster76 View Post
James, the show tanked last year, the only reason it came back was because the network made a two year commitment. This year the numbers are no better (it looks like the numbers are actually getting worse). There is no way this show would be renewed let alone lead to a spinoff.
See, this is why I always have reservations on reviving concluded shows (those with a proper "series finale") for new episodes. I think you're trying to make the entire revival run of Will & Grace look like a mistake. I wish they should have stayed at 13 episodes per year, and then the viewership wouldn't have tanked as much. Even though it was 10 years after the fact, they should have done a Karen Walker spinoff of W&G instead.

I'm going to say this right now: I hate reboots, revivals, sequels, and spinoffs.
James28 is offline   Reply With Quote