Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post > Trading Post - Archives - Read-Only

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-16-2004, 11:03 AM   #1
Agent 13

Exclamation mmcchic23, mmcfan, etc. - trader check

Trader check on Marcie Bower. Anyone deal with her? She is from Belleville, Michigan.

Through a thorough google search I have found that she uses two different mailing addresses on the same street...

Also, she uses these IDs, many times in defense of herself as she did in this link awhile back: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...ghlight=banned

Marcie Bower
Adrienne Charles
tvshowluver
hnyhsh5
so_inluv_with2
BrandyBrown25
Jewel48192
Ivy Miller
Mary Little
Brandi
mmcnum1fan
mmcchic23
tvshowluver25
fastlanechick1980
TruDushku
Lucy

And emails:

so_inluv_with2@yahoo.com
hnyhsh5@yahoo.com
honest_trades_only@yahoo.com
huronchick53@yahoo.com
marcie_21@webtv.net
muzicfan23@netzero.com
mmcnum1fan@yahoo.com
mmcchic23@yahoo.com
tvshowluver@yahoo.com
ADMABOCH@WEBTV.NET

"A smart scammer would make a few good trades with the most respected peeps on the boards and then prey upon smaller less well known ones."

Thanks!

Jen

Last edited by Agent 13; 11-21-2004 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:17 PM   #2
Beavis
Forum Regular

Agent 13 is RIGHT This person has tons of usernames I got an email from someone that verified her many identities aliases is also "Ivy Miller" and "Fastlanchick1980" "BrandyBrown25", TruDushku"

NOTE!!! YOU CAN ALWAYS KNOW IT'S THE SAME PERSON BY VIEWIENG/REQUESTING THEIR "WANT/HAVE LIST" AS IT'S ALWASYS THE SAME! On all the trading boards!

THANKS!

Last edited by Agent 13; 02-19-2004 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:08 PM   #3
Agent 13

Default Multiple IDs

One of the members on this board had been doing a bit of research on this individual. At first I thought that just because someone has a lot of IDs and email addresses it didn't necessarily mean that they were a trading risk. However, I have since been informed that this person has been using her IDs to defend herself... but not just on this board, not to mention that she has a reputation in many places for being a bad trader.

Above all, use all caution when dealing with her, and ask her to send first, if all all.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:46 PM   #4
Beavis
Forum Regular

I agree. Rule of Thumb!

1. A good, reputable and honest trader will generally have one (1) general main e-mail address for (trading purposes). Maybe two, but that's should be enough. There should be NO reason for anyone to have dozens of e-mail addresses posted all over different trading boards, when you're the same person. Who are you hiding from?

2. A good, reputable and honest trader will NOT have multpile Usernames and Aliases for trading purposes EVER! Stick to one Username at most two(2) usernames if you have to but one is sufficient to get your name spread around as a Good trader.

3. If someone contacts you for a trade? Insist they send first! Once you receive your initial items and looked them over, THEN you can reciprocate your trade, especially with new traders, who have no references or have bad reputations. After that, work on a system with your trader...

4. Send money at your own risk!

Above all, check out other boards for Scammers and Bad Traders...You can find them by seeing their posting habits, numerous e-mails, but always, posting requesting the SAME HAVE & WANT LISTS

Last edited by Beavis; 02-16-2004 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-16-2004, 03:04 PM   #5
funky-rat
Zit Remedy Groupie
Frequent Poster

In all fairness, Beavis, sometimes you can't always stick to one username if you're on several boards. I'm on your board (have been since day 1), but not under this name. I couldn't use the name I wanted to on here. Also, I have 2 different e-mail address I use for good reason - if I can't hide my e-mail, I give an alternate, as I do not want my main e-mail flooded with garbage (which did happen after posting on Videoaddicts - I got all kinds of crud), but I mainly use one central e-mail, and I will give it out to anyone who asks for it.

HOWEVER - I have no qualms about telling people I use another name at other boards but can't use the same one here or on one or two others, I don't deny I use another identity, and it's ONE other identity, not many, and 2 e-mails, not many. I also don't use my two identities to defend myself, make it appear that I am trading with myself, or give out other e-mails I have as references.

You do make an excellent point, however, about knowing your stuff and checking the have/want lists. Using the list you provided as an example: I came across this basic list with a few different identities at different sites. I thought something was fishy, because I know my stuff, and most hardcore fans/collectors do as well. The one that gave it away was the 4-Hour Degraasi Behind the Scenes Footage. I'm very familiar. Unless you've traded for it, there's only one place that I know of where you can get it - direct from Pat Mastroianni, who plays Joey. I own it. I bought it. It's a pricy item (but well worth it!). When ebay'ed, it always goes in excess of $50. So it's not your everyday item. And when I see several people with it (and a lot of the same other stuff - Degrassi Between Takes isn't super common - not extremely rare, but not released on mass market video either, and the Reunion interview also is a bit pricy and ebay's for a high cost), I tend to think either they are doing an awful lot of trading with each other, or it's the same person.

So people: Do your homework. Know a little about what you want to get - not only is it a good idea in this case, but it will keep you from getting ripped in the event you are paying for something.

"NO!! Your ages COMBINED would not make you old enough!"
Old 02-16-2004, 04:14 PM   #6
Beavis
Forum Regular

Funky-rat, I totally agree with you. Of course not always can you have the same usernames and emails. I agree. It's hard. My only qualm was the SAME list on all the trading boards, with different e-mail address for each posting and different usernames for each posting when EVERYONE knows it's the SAME person and some people get a kick just create and delete and create and delete e-mail accounts after they get their trades etc... which stinks!

Funky-ray Thanks for your input here,and sound advice! I'm sure others will take head as well. It's to protect all of us from scammers...
Old 02-16-2004, 07:19 PM   #7
Jewel48192
Banned
Banned!!
Occasional Poster

I agree with you funky-rat!!!

It is not fair to judge someone by how many emails or names they use unless you know the facts, also, you cannot go and claim all these people to be the same just because they have SOme of the same shows as others. And yes, it is unfair to name somene as a bad trader when no one has even complained.

If someone goes to different message boards to post, who cares, they cant expect people to use the same name wherever you go. so it is expected to use different names in different sites..just like they say never use your same password for everything Usually if someone is a bad trader, they get scared and never come back to the place they scammed.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:42 PM   #8
Beavis
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Jewel48192
I agree with you funky-rat!!!

It is not fair to judge someone by how many emails or names they use unless you know the facts, also, you cannot go and claim all these people to be the same just because they have SOme of the same shows as others. And yes, it is unfair to name somene as a bad trader when no one has even complained.

If someone goes to different message boards to post, who cares, they cant expect people to use the same name wherever you go. so it is expected to use different names in different sites..just like they say never use your same password for everything Usually if someone is a bad trader, they get scared and never come back to the place they scammed.
No one should have dozens of E-mail accounts period. Especially if you come to several, several Message Boards for the common goal of Tape Trading, you DON'T NEED more than one otr two E-mail contacts for tape trading, if that! Then go to another board under another Username and another E-mail contact,and again, and again. That's a Scammer BIG-TIME! Add then Another Message Board with another Username and another E-Mail.. Get it now? It is very suspect, shows no character and would surely raise a RED FLAG to anyone out there about frauders and and scammers. And there is no reason to defend those actions at all. Especially when you e-mail them back and the account has been deleted already...why is it deleted? They just created it a week ago!

I totally disagree with you on where you state ".....If someone goes to different message boards to post, who cares, they cant expect people to use the same name wherever you go. so it is expected to use different names in different sites

It is NOT expected to create 7+ different usernames for 1-3 Messge Boards they often visit frequently, with 8+ diffent E-mail accounts, with the SAME postings over and over and over and over again, then using different Usernames to Respond themselves to give them credibility of being a good trader! Ha! The tons of E-mail accounts are ridiculous. They visit the same 3-4 Boards, and every week they have two (2) new email address and two ne Usernames, and on and on and on...There's no need to create 15 E-mail accounts that no longer exist from the same User under Different Usernames. That is a SCAM and they should be banned and let others be warned..
Old 02-16-2004, 08:16 PM   #9
Jewel48192
Banned
Banned!!
Occasional Poster

Oh- I was referring to using different usernames...but yes....i think more than 3 different emails would be over the top. Unless a good reason is told as to why.

I guess thats why we in this world are different. we all have our own theories and opinions. I do agree with some things u mentioned tho
Old 02-16-2004, 08:21 PM   #10
Jewel48192
Banned
Banned!!
Occasional Poster

15 email accounts???? WOW, who in the world would need 15 email accounts lol. Usually hotmail and yahoo names are the most fishy to worry about cuz those are free to people and people can create and delete as they please. having 1 or 2 email addresses is ok, but to have more than that, I would be cautious.

I am on webtv, but if i were at someone elses house and couldn't access my webtv account, I would use my alternate yahoo account. Im sure people do that all the time, but there is no need for 3 email accounts, let alone 15. (YIKES)
Old 02-16-2004, 11:17 PM   #11
Agent 13

Quote:
Originally posted by Jewel48192
15 email accounts???? WOW, who in the world would need 15 email accounts lol. .... (YIKES)
"Oh, what tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive." The fact is, when one has sooooooooooo many accounts and IDs she's bound to lose track and mispost somewhere. That's one of the ways so many IDs on this person listed above have been discovered (thanks guys!).

Jen
Old 02-16-2004, 11:35 PM   #12
Jewel48192
Banned
Banned!!
Occasional Poster

This is all maDNESS

I GUESS when people get ripped off, they really start jumping the gun on everything and everyone. It is so hard to tell wether or not people's alias's are all the same. I for one, am kind of new to tradING AND HAVE NEVER BEEN RIPPED OFF SO I am not as easy to judge I GUESS. SO I dont know what it is like to be ripped off of. Thats Just me
Old 02-16-2004, 11:40 PM   #13
Jewel48192
Banned
Banned!!
Occasional Poster

can someone please tell me where the following alias's have come from? I have seen 2 or 3 of the names but never THE OTHERS. ( Links will be perfect ) Thanks a load!!!

Last edited by Agent 13; 02-18-2004 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:46 PM   #14
Beavis
Forum Regular

That won't be necessary pointing in in that direction, since the moderators here already have that information and their "contacts" from various members.

Be happy that folks are looking out for you and me about scammers and frauders...

Just be aware and stay away from scammers and frauders.

Last edited by Beavis; 02-17-2004 at 01:26 AM.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:03 AM   #15
Jewel48192
Banned
Banned!!
Occasional Poster

Oh, No, thats why I need the links. I think it is fair to see the links for ourselves, out ouf respect, u know? That way, we will all have our own different opinions about this whole mess once we all see it it BLACK AND WHITE. I found this on my own free will.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vid-for-trade/

Some of the posts on that club are leading me in the total opposite direction as you two. I, too have done my own research, ya see?.