Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post > Trading Post - Archives - Read-Only

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-05-2004, 05:09 PM   #31
Agent 13

Quote:
Originally posted by ML21
That's ridiculous! I also bought two tapes from you and you said you never got USD 40 from me which I'm sure you did. And you admit your address is P. Maples, 2931 Bradshaw Rd., Loudon, TN 37774.
It sure is confusing because the address you mentioned is the address I have on record for Pam Maples. (I keep a record of all my trader's addresses.)

Last edited by Agent 13; 01-05-2004 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:04 PM   #32
ML21
Frequent Poster

that's exactly the same address where I sent the money, I'm also saving all addresses
Old 01-05-2004, 09:22 PM   #33
Nan8
Frequent Poster

Default loudonslim

Thanks for the warning!

Another one you should steer clear of is this guy called dan Giddings. I ordered a Car 54, Where Are You? tape from him a while back, and it wasn't even the one I ordered. It just cost me 12 bucks though ($10 + $2 shipping).

I have a trade/sell list on this board. I've gotten a few replies. If a tape I had wasn't "up to snuff", I wouldn't lie and say it was "A+" instead of "D+" or F; liars have a very nasty way of getting caught up with.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:23 PM   #34
RoseNylund
Back in St. Olaf...
Frequent Poster

I don't know if this will help, but last year or so, someone tok me and others for a ride selling stuff on a message board and never sending the merchandise. Since I had the address, I found the phone number, and attempted to contact the individual. Through a series of several lies, I then decided to contact the authorities in the city they were from. I called City Hall to confirm the residence of the individual, then I called the Sheriff to inform them that there was an individual practicing fraud in their city. I proceded to the US Postal Service to file a fraud claim. When I called back to tell the individual that the police were involved, I got my money back---and fast.

You all have the address of this person. You all need to contact the authorities in that jurisdiction and start a complaint. If osmeone is taking your money, don't let them get away with it. Find the number in Loudon, TN and good luck.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:57 AM   #35
Agent 13

Quote:
Originally posted by RoseNylund
Find the number in Loudon, TN and good luck.
I found the phone number can easily by using Reverse White Pages

Last edited by Agent 13; 01-06-2004 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:27 PM   #36
Nan8
Frequent Poster

Angry loudonslim

Dan Giddings doesn't have a website: he advertises in GOLDMINE magazine. Steer clear of him anyway.

I can't believe people are trying to get away with that stuff on ebay! Don't they know they'll get caught up with? Ebay doesn't fool around! I wouldn't want MY privileges taken away. I guess SOME people don't care, though.

I don't have a selling account on there yet (my buying number isn't up to 30 yet), but have come across just one shady one, though, the rest were great! I've gotten some pretty cool stuff on there!

The shady one got p'od at me just because it was my first time buying and I didn't understand the shipping/payment plan; it turned out to be my fault, though. I didn't scroll down far enough and thought the thing in the middle was the payment/shipping plan.

Another one to steer clear of is Christine Thomas. I forgot her whole address, but here is part of it: Flat 10, Portsmouth Hants, UK. The postmark said, "Isle of Wight". She's a real crook!
Old 01-07-2004, 06:02 PM   #37
ML21
Frequent Poster

I didn't send a registered letter, just normal standard and she knows that. Also I'm from Europe and have no proof he got it, I just know he DID.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:51 PM   #38
l0okitzmeh
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by ML21
I didn't send a registered letter, just normal standard and she knows that. Also I'm from Europe and have no proof he got it, I just know he DID.
did u send your money in a money order or a check? if u did then u do have records .... last time i traded with Pam she mailed me my stuff so i guess she mails it to some people and the others she doesn't :T
Old 01-08-2004, 06:14 PM   #39
ML21
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by l0okitzmeh
did u send your money in a money order or a check? if u did then u do have records .... last time i traded with Pam she mailed me my stuff so i guess she mails it to some people and the others she doesn't :T

I sent it cash, just a normal envelope. I know she got it but she claims she didn't and uses lots of aliases. She is a liar and lots of people made the same experience.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:42 PM   #40
l0okitzmeh
Frequent Poster

you should never put cash in the mail because then you wouldn't have any proof.... next time when u pay or buy something send it in a money order or checks....its much safer
Old 01-08-2004, 09:25 PM   #41
Agent 13

Quote:
Originally posted by l0okitzmeh
you should never put cash in the mail because then you wouldn't have any proof.... next time when u pay or buy something send it in a money order or checks....its much safer
With our business, I have many times accepted cash in the mail from customers overseas. If a seller is completely honest, then that takes care of most of the problems with sending cash. Besides, as many of us can attest, sending money orders or checks isn't an absolute guarantee. Incidentally, filing a complaint with the USPS takes a loooong time, and if the con artist has perfected the ropes of his/her trade, then you will not necessarily recover from your losses.

In this case, the problem is not with the sender but the seller. Hind site always 20/20, isn't it.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:48 PM   #42
Collinwood2003
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

If you ever send cash I would send it prority mail with a tracking # But a money order is always the best thing to get.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:06 AM   #43
ML21
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Collinwood2003
If you ever send cash I would send it prority mail with a tracking # But a money order is always the best thing to get.
I know priority is much safer and I can track it but I have currently a few trades but I also have to change Euros in Dollars and so I sent most of them normal. I thought these people would be honest enough to admit if they got the money. I've learned my lesson.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:31 AM   #44
Nan8
Frequent Poster

Angry !

I've sent cash through the mail plenty of times, but got shafted just twice: that Christine Thomas character and Movies Unlimited. You'd thinka commercial company like theirs would have a tracking number, but they don't. Steer clear of them.

I got two Not the Nine O'Clock News tapes from a place in England called KJW Trading. They're on Ebay. I sent them cash and they came through all right.

I don't know what's wrong with Movies Unlimited. When I sent them cash before, (well concealed, of course) they always sent my stuff, but the last time, 2 years ago, they didn't. When I wrote them asking where my stuff was, they told me they (get this!) LOST my order and for me to send them a copy of the check and they'd send it. Well, I sent cash and I told them that. I never heard from them again! Crooks! Don't deal with them. I haven't since! They could really stand to come down a little on their tapes, too.