Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post > Trading Post - Archives - Read-Only

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-10-2003, 01:35 PM   #1
Collinwood2003
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Default Trader Check chrisandjas@msn.com

I"m kind of doing this backwards but I trusted the guy and he seemed friendly enough. He even asked me at one point to see if I knew anything about a person he was doing a new trade with. He postes on the board. His user ID isjroxx2002 I haven't heard from him since Friday and I usually hear from him alot. Two weeks ago he said he sent my tapes which is 23 tapes. But it is media mail and with that many tapes it could take a while. But when I sent my tapes media mail he got mine in 4 days. I keep asking him for the delivery confromation # to track the package. He wanted other shows from me to but this time just traded for all of married with children which is 23 tapes. Maybe I will get his tapes tommrow. Please post here or email me with anything good or bad. This is just a trader check and not a bad trader post.

Thanks!

Angie
Old 06-10-2003, 01:48 PM   #2
Agent 13

Default Re: Trader Check chrisandjas@msn.com

Angie,

One thing that I do when checking on someone is to check on http://www.google.com and put quotes around the person's name and also write video trade, or something similar (i.e. "john doe" video trade). If a person has been a bad trader you may find links to that affect, though search results tend to be not current enough for my taste.
Old 06-10-2003, 07:30 PM   #3
Collinwood2003
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Thanks Jen! I always do a trader check on google before the trade but it didn't come up with any bad trader post. I might have to start the you send first thing but I like to send at the same time and he sent a day before I did. If I don't hear at least an email from him at the end of the week I may consider him a bad trader. Next tuesday will be 3 weeks. I know it's a lot of tapes so it may take that long. What is the longest has anyone gotten their tapes with media mail and with around 20 tapes? This guy didn't live in California. I think it was somewhere in the middle of the U.S. I"m from South Carolina.

Angie
Old 06-10-2003, 08:29 PM   #4
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Collinwood2003
Thanks Jen! I always do a trader check on google before the trade but it didn't come up with any bad trader post. I might have to start the you send first thing but I like to send at the same time and he sent a day before I did. If I don't hear at least an email from him at the end of the week I may consider him a bad trader. Next tuesday will be 3 weeks. I know it's a lot of tapes so it may take that long. What is the longest has anyone gotten their tapes with media mail and with around 20 tapes? This guy didn't live in California. I think it was somewhere in the middle of the U.S. I"m from South Carolina.

Angie

I know what you mean about email, u would feel a lot better if you heard something from him. BUt getting no response makes him look like a bad trader. I normally only get one tape at a time because tape trading is too risky. But i hope you get your tapes tomorrow.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:35 PM   #5
Collinwood2003
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Thanks SOLOMON. Yeah I would feel better if I at least hear something from him. I'll post here when I get my tapes. Hopefully tommrow or by the end of the week. Guess I"m a little nervous with that many tapes and with other bad trader post recently. I like to half the trades sometimes. This was kind of a half trade but it was for more tapes. He wanted to to a 50 tape trade but I said to at least a 20 tape trade. I wish someone would post here that they traded with Jason. But I do appreciate other responces.

Angie
Old 06-10-2003, 08:40 PM   #6
Nanny Fine
Justine and Holden..

Quote:
Thanks SOLOMON. Yeah I would feel better if I at least hear something from him. I'll post here when I get my tapes. Hopefully tommrow or by the end of the week. Guess I"m a little nervous with that many tapes and with other bad trader post recently. I like to half the trades sometimes. This was kind of a half trade but it was for more tapes. He wanted to to a 50 tape trade but I said to at least a 20 tape trade. I wish someone would post here that they traded with Jason. But I do appreciate other responces.

Angie
I've never traded with him but you made my eyes bug out of my head when you said FIFTY TAPES. Goodness. There are only 1 or 2 people on this board I'd trade more than 5 tapes with at a time. I can't even imagine suggesting a 50 tape trade. Lordy. I'd never have the time to make them all.

How it all came down to this, only the Devil knows. Retail Rodeo is at the corner on my left. The motel is down the road to my right. I close my eyes and try to peer into the future. On my left, I saw days upon days of lipstick and ticking clocks, dirty looks and quiet whisperings. And burning secrets that just won't ever die away. And on my right, what could I picture? The blue sky, the desert earth, stretching out into the eerie infinity. A beautiful never-ending nothing.

~Justine, "The Good Girl"

Bush for President!
Old 06-10-2003, 08:42 PM   #7
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:

Angie
I have 2 tapes on the way from two different traders. So when was the last time you received a email response from him?
Old 06-10-2003, 08:44 PM   #8
Collinwood2003
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

It was for 20 tapes. But he wanted 50. Sorry I confused you. Thanks for your concern. I wouldn't trade that much tapes for a 1st time trade. I have done a first time trades with 20 tapes with a couple other people before and it worked out fine.

Angie
Old 06-10-2003, 08:50 PM   #9
Collinwood2003
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

I last heard from him on the 5th. Below is a copy of the email.

Hi Angie,
I'm sorry my tapes haven't arrived yet. I will check the tracking number. The slip is still out in the car.

Jason

I"m still confused how he got my tapes in 4 days with media mail. Any ideas?
Old 06-10-2003, 09:03 PM   #10
Agent 13

Quote:
I last heard from him on the 5th. Below is a copy of the email.

Hi Angie,
I'm sorry my tapes haven't arrived yet. I will check the tracking number. The slip is still out in the car.

Jason

I"m still confused how he got my tapes in 4 days with media mail. Any ideas?
Media mail in 4 days is entirely possible. I live in North Dakota, and one time I had a customer from California email me just a few days after I sent it. I didn't question him about it and was just glad that it arrived so quickly, for his sake.

Some folks aren't super great at answering their emails, either. Not everyone answers their emails everyday.

It is always hard to wait, but I seriously wouldn't worry until it's been a month or so, though it usually only takes up to a couple of weeks. It does seem hopeful that he actually emailed you on the 5th, rather than just ignoring you completely. That'd comfort me, anyway.

Another thing you can do is to check the search engines on video trade boards, but it has been my experience that con artists use many aliases, not just one.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:12 PM   #11
Collinwood2003
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Hi Jen,

That gives me an idea to check the dc# to see if he actually got my tapes or if he just said he did. I hope I can find it.

Angie
Old 06-10-2003, 09:36 PM   #12
Collinwood2003
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Yup he got the tapes alright. It says it here:

You entered 0302 2940 0000 8565 6169

Your item was delivered at 11:29 am on June 07, 2003 in ROCHESTER, MN 55901.

That was a saturday and I mailed it that wednesday with media mail.

This is one big mess. I just wish he would email me saying he was busy or something. Just a quick email. All thru the trade we kept contact and he even finished before me. But we agreed to send at the same time. And when I got my better set of seinfeld next week I was going to start on the next trade with him.

Angie
Old 06-10-2003, 09:42 PM   #13
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Yup he got the tapes alright. It says it here:

You entered 0302 2940 0000 8565 6169

Your item was delivered at 11:29 am on June 07, 2003 in ROCHESTER, MN 55901.

That was a saturday and I mailed it that wednesday with media mail.

This is one big mess. I just wish he would email me saying he was busy or something. Just a quick email. All thru the trade we kept contact and he even finished before me. But we agreed to send at the same time. And when I got my better set of seinfeld next week I was going to start on the next trade with him.

Angie

And it's nothing more frusrating than checking your box for your tapes and you have a bill or junk mail instead. I was wondering why is the first 8 digits of the dc# the same as the one on two of my receipts? I'm a new tape raderso i don't know. 0302-2940-is the first 8 digits on my receipt also.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:50 PM   #14
Collinwood2003
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Yeah. Each day I keep hoping it comes. I guess some of the dc# are the same to make it easier for the post office or something. Just a guess.

Angie
Old 06-11-2003, 12:26 PM   #15
Collinwood2003
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Still haven't gotten his tapes yet or an email. This is not looking good.