Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post > Trading Post - Archives - Read-Only

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-26-2003, 11:44 AM   #16
Agent 13

Default Tina Ledbetter - alias teboomer

Quote:
I have sent Tina $300 at one time for tapes and I had no problem receiving my tapes.
Wow! You're brave. How long was it before you received your order? That must have really overwhelmed her. With my paltry $100 order (14 tapes), though she assured me it'd take 2-3 weeks, I can only imagine how long a $300 order would be. It must have been pretty quick folks, because Tina is both teboomer and mcjohnc though by the time you read this she may have edited her post to say otherwise.

No one is perfect, by any stretch of the imagination; however, purposefully sinning (lying, stealing, cheating, killing) because one is overwhelmed with the task set before him/her is something one does intentionally. That is where friendships are severed and trust is lost.

My husband is a pastor, and yesterday, during his sermons for the day, he spoke on justice in the morning service and then on forgiveness in the evening. We must be willing to forgive 70 times 7 (which is a whole lot), but it is far easier to do just that when an offender has admitted the offense rather than made up excuses. No matter what happens, it is still our responsibility to forgive and not be bitter; however, how many times must we get burned at the stove before we finally learn to keep away?

As far as justice is concerned, the Lord says in His Word, "I will repay, saith the Lord." No matter what any of us may admit, only God knows all of the secrets of the heart, and He will see that those things done in darkness are brought to light, not necessarily within our timetables. And by the same token, honesty will reap a good harvest.

Last edited by Agent 13; 05-27-2003 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-26-2003, 12:52 PM   #17
dave w.
Frequent Poster

Default lost

USPS
My aunt works at the post office so I KNOW packages get LOST by USPS ALL THE TIME! I have had SEVERAL packages from Ebay purchases LOST by USPS over the past few years. Packages DO get lost by USPS and packages are NOT always scanned when the package needs to be scanned.

So whats the problem with TEBOOMER ??????????
She states on her website ( she will replace any order lost by usps ) doesn't she ?????
Therefore THE POSTOFFICE CANNOT BE USED AS JUSTIFICATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man i tell you, before i would have my reputation ruined i would take my website down and quit selling for good..........
"A good name is to be honored above all "
"A good conscience before God is above all things" - unless it has been seared as with a hot iron " then i guess folks don't care what they do whether it be murder , cheating, lying , stealing, rape, etc.....
Jeneric , a lot of folks will use Christianity for their advantage, in other words, they think it gives them a right to cheat and do wrong to God's people, they think we're not supposed to take a stand against the works of evil and lay down and be trampled on. But no , thats not the way it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2003, 01:16 PM   #18
Agent 13

Default re: lost

Quote:
My aunt works at the post office so I KNOW packages get LOST by USPS ALL THE TIME! I have had SEVERAL packages from Ebay purchases LOST by USPS over the past few years. Packages DO get lost by USPS and packages are NOT always scanned when the package needs to be scanned.
In this case, it is absolutely necessary that the sender send the recipient a postal dated confirmation form. Period. This would be all the proof a customer should need to ensure trust in the seller. Without that, there is absolutely no proof, no matter what is said.

It wasn't until just the other day when I found out that someone else was in the same boat as I've been in for over three months. It was at that point where I realized that I couldn't keep silent about this because the circumstances are all too coincidental for comfort.

Yes, it is sad that some will use Christianity for their advantage. Too many people expect Christians to just turn the other cheek all the time. Even Christ Himself didn't do that (i.e. the case of the money changers). In this case, to continue to keep silent I'm hurting someone else, not just myself, and quite possibly others. To let dave w. be made to look the fool would be negligent on my part. "Judge righteous judgment" the Lord tells us, and if I can do anything to rectify this situation, I don't feel as though I have any other choice but to speak up even if I never see the rest of my tapes.

Last edited by Agent 13; 05-26-2003 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-26-2003, 01:28 PM   #19
mcjohnc
Banned
Banned!!
Occasional Poster

Default Tape trader of the year

I bought the complete sets of the following tv series from her:
The Invaders
My Mother the Car
8 Simple Rules
Old 05-26-2003, 01:37 PM   #20
Agent 13

Unhappy teboomer is mcjohnc

teboomer (alias mcjohnc) said:

Quote:
I bought the complete sets of the following tv series from her:

The Invaders
My Mother the Car
8 Simple Rules
If I'm not mistaken, from an email I received from Tina, she hadn't even acquired "The Invaders" until after my order was received. Maybe the reason why dave w. and my orders didn't get filled was because she was working on your $300 order. For myself, I do not like to take on orders beyond one week in advance so as not to frustrate a fellow trader or myself.

Is it quite fair to be using different aliases in a situation like this? Tina is both teboomer and mcjohnc and who else? Though by the time you read this she may have edited her post to say otherwise.

Last edited by Agent 13; 05-27-2003 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-26-2003, 01:59 PM   #21
mcjohnc
Banned
Banned!!
Occasional Poster

Default The Invaders

I placed my order for the Invaders, etc. in JANUARY and she sent me 6 tapes per week until she completed my order. Tina had the complete The Invaders set except 6 episodes, 4 months ago. She just needed to get the last 6 she needed and then she sent it to me in April. I didn't have a problem with placing an order with Tina for $300 and I would do it AGAIN! No problem. The more you bug her about your order though the longer it will take, but you WILL get your tapes from her. She is very busy with orders sometimes so she can't always answer e-mail all of the time.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:10 PM   #22
Agent 13

Unhappy

Quote:
She is very busy with orders sometimes so she can't always answer e-mail all of the time.
She has always answered my emails, no matter how small the question has been. Part of my nervousness about this whole situation is that Tina told me that it'd take 2-3 weeks for my order to be completed, and then when I'd email her asking how the taping was going every week or so, she'd tell me that she has 2-3 orders per week, that she does it mainly on the weekend, etc.. If she hadn't told me that it'd take 2-3 weeks but at least 2-3 months, it'd have made a difference in my outlook on this. It is very hard to wait on an order, to be put off over and over again.

I've been waiting for 3 and 1/2 months (since Feb. 11th), and this last time she told me that she'd replace the tapes in question over a month ago, refusing to send me the postal dated delivery confirmation form. Understandably, it makes me wonder why. So much time has lapsed that it is very hard to believe that one can be that busy. And if she is filling orders according to the time when they came in, dave w. and I are not the only ones frustrated. I imagine that she's probably fulfilling some orders sooner than others, with folks she's trading with or friends as priority, which may account for some of the positive reviews stated here recently. And then there's dave w. and me. Where do we fall in line in the scheme of things. Apparently way down the totem pole.

Quote:
The more you bug her about your order though the longer it will take
In my dealings with selling over the internet, I have made it a priority to be polite and answer questions from customers, without hesitancy. I don't know about you, but I would much rather buy from someone that is courteous and honest, and even pay more for an item than frequent a store that has rude cashiers. This is how you get return customers in the business world.

Actually, I haven't bothered her about my order, unless you consider emailing her every week or two (far less as of late) checking on the status of my order bugging her. I hesitated even posting my recent posts because I was so afraid that if I said anything that I wouldn't get my tapes; however, since dave w. was wrongly treated, trampled upon by a pack of hyenas, so-to-speak, I would be in the wrong to ignore that treatment. His circumstances are too similar to my own for comfort. And if I never get my tapes, so be it. I've made the decision to stand for right even to spite my face. While I'm not rolling in the dough, my hubby wants me to spend my book business money on fun things, whereas dave w. is the primary wage earner in his family and is affected far more than my family is by this situation.

Last edited by Agent 13; 05-26-2003 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-26-2003, 03:33 PM   #23
mcjohnc
Banned
Banned!!
Occasional Poster

Default Tape orders & trades

You both must of done something to tick Tina off becausre I have heard NOTHING but GREAT things about her. You shouldn't be bugging her every week about your order maybe that is why she might of maybe gotten rude with you... I have SEEN some of the e-mails Dave has sent to Tina and if I were her I would report Dave for harassment. Dave's e-mails are VERY RUDE harassing & OBNOXIOUS E-mails! No wonder she is ignoring your e-mails!Tina told me when you (jeneric) placed your order and it was in FEBRUARY which is NOT 3 1/2 months ago. I've heard PLENTY of stuff about Jeneric & Dave from at least 5 people and the comments are NOT GOOD! She has done 1000's of trades nd orders with NO PROBLEMS and you 2 are the ONLY ones who seem to have had a problem. so it must be YOU 2, not Tina.I wouldn't recommend EITHER of you as good traders after reading your posts/comments about Tina and I have never even traded with you and I don't plan on doing any trading with either of you either! In fact I just had somebody ask me about Jeneric on Friday and I told them I wouldn't recommend her for trading after reading her posts on here. I've heard too many negative things about Jeneric & Dave W from SEVERAL people.
Old 05-26-2003, 04:05 PM   #24
Nanny Fine
Justine and Holden..

Default Re: Tape orders & trades

Quote:
Originally posted by mcjohnc
In fact I just had somebody ask me about Jeneric on Friday and I told them I wouldn't recommend her for trading after reading her posts on here. I've heard too many negative things about Jeneric & Dave W from SEVERAL people.

I have been trying to stay out of this until now but I put my foot down.

I have dealt with Jeneric now for sevearl weeks and she's nothing but polite, kind and more than willing to work out problems. She's NEVER been rude, she's NEVER ignored emails. A post like this is made out of pure hatred. I would deal with 1,000 Jenerics before I would deal with some of the people who have posted in this thread.

The above comments really really anger me.

How it all came down to this, only the Devil knows. Retail Rodeo is at the corner on my left. The motel is down the road to my right. I close my eyes and try to peer into the future. On my left, I saw days upon days of lipstick and ticking clocks, dirty looks and quiet whisperings. And burning secrets that just won't ever die away. And on my right, what could I picture? The blue sky, the desert earth, stretching out into the eerie infinity. A beautiful never-ending nothing.

~Justine, "The Good Girl"

Bush for President!
Old 05-26-2003, 04:22 PM   #25
dave w.
Frequent Poster

Default mcjohn - i mean teboomer (one and same person)

report me for harassment ?? or for wanting my money back ??
what should i report her for - THEFT ???
you was the one emailed me saying i had an attitude problem for wanting my refund !!
BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER

IM with you Nanny, Jeneric is tops in my book, ive only done a few trades with her, but shes super friendly, polite, answers every email with courtesy.

Last edited by dave w.; 05-26-2003 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-26-2003, 05:54 PM   #26
teboomer
Banned
Banned!!
Frequent Poster

Default Jeneric

The e-mails to me from Jeneric STARTED OUT all nice & friendly but then she started making FALSE accusations and her e-mails turned negative & mean. Do a search on this board for her name and you will see what I mean... I still have a copy of ALL of MY e-mails to Jeneric & ALL of HER e-mails to me. If anybody wants a copy of them I will send them a copy of the e-mails. Up until April I would of recommended Jeneric for trading.. but lately I have changed my mind. I have people asking me all the time if I have traded with somebody since I DO do a LOT of trading and have dne tapes for a LOT of people so I am asked for a reference for somebody at LEAST 5 times a week. In fact I WAS going to send Jeneric an extra tape and send her 15 tapes for the $100 she sent to me and I TOLD her that since I have been in the hospital and have had a death in my family which caused me to get behind on her order but now I will NOT do that. I THOUGHT she understood when she said OK.. but I guess she doesn't think about anybody else but HERSELF.. she just wants her tapes.. she could CARE LESS about anybody elses health or take into consideration that things do come up in life that can delay tape orders.

Jeneric, I will send either your tapes out or refund the rest of your money by 5/30.
Old 05-26-2003, 05:54 PM   #27
Agent 13

Default Re: Tape orders & trades

Quote:
Tina told me when you (jeneric) placed your order and it was in FEBRUARY which is NOT 3 1/2 months ago.
February 11th was exactly 3 and 1/2 months ago, actually, to the day (3 months 15 days). But once again, Tina is both teboomer and mcjohnc I have never been rude to Tina, and it is not unrealistic to be emailed every week or two when a transaction was to take 2-3 weeks. I wasn't pushy, but politely asked how it was going.

As far as dave w. being a poor risk, that is completely untrue from my trades with him. I appreciate his comments as well as nanny fine's, though I have treated them no better than they have me.

Last edited by Agent 13; 05-27-2003 at 06:58 AM.
Old 05-26-2003, 05:57 PM   #28
teboomer
Banned
Banned!!
Frequent Poster

Default Jeneric

Jeneric also must not know how to COUNT either since she placed her order in FEBRUARY and I have the e-mail to PROVE it so it has NOT been 3 /12 months.
Old 05-26-2003, 05:58 PM   #29
Agent 13

Quote:
The e-mails to me from Jeneric STARTED OUT all nice & friendly but then she started making FALSE accusations and her e-mails turned negative & mean.
Tina, you know that this is completely untrue. I have been polite all along the way, even throughout my doubts. And now hearing you say this about me as well, not just in regard to dave w., I have even fewer doubts as to his integrity. I have stated facts, trying to keep emotions out of this situation. There is nothing more to say. There is One who knows the truth.

Last edited by Agent 13; 05-26-2003 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-26-2003, 06:48 PM   #30
teboomer
Banned
Banned!!
Frequent Poster

Default Jeneric

WRONG! I have your fist e-mail and it was AFTER 2/11 and I did receive your money until the END of Feb.