Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post > Trading Post - Archives - Read-Only

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-24-2005, 11:38 PM   #1
combsisthebest
Forum Regular

Default SO Trading Post Council

As mentioned in a previous thread we have realized that a point system won't be the most resourceful tool for SO Trading Post. Lazygrae, in another thread came up with the idea for a SO Trading Post Council. I liked the idea, and the SO Trading Post Council will be used in place of the "Trader Reputation".

Lazygrae summed up well how the SO Trading Post Council will work:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygrae
Alternatively, consider that some of the active/reliable members here could create a list of those people that are known, with certainty, to be reliable. They could form a "committee" of sorts and can update the list every 1-3 months with new additions as new (or old) people prove themselves with other members OVER TIME. It is totally unimportant that someone has, say, "1" successful trade. But if a person does several trades with different members, and they see his/her list grow online as they post additions, and they participate in discussions etc, then they just naturally gain a reputation that everybody on the board can see and feel comfortable with. Only at that point do they get on that list. A scammer is not going to go through all that trouble so a system like that provides a safeguard to keep them off the list. If a person is not on that list, a trader check is in order.
Right now I'm going to propose a question to everyone. If you are interested in being a part of this council please submit your name to this thread. You have to meet some requirements though. These are the requirements:
  • You MUST have been a member at SO for 6 months and/or have 50 posts.
  • Submit your name and your name ONLY to this thread.
  • No profiteers
  • No public sellers
  • Diplomatic tendencies
  • Good reputation in the trading world overall

I'll be selecting four people from the list that will be created in this thread. I'm going to try my hardest to be as fair as possible when selecting the people. After a two days this thread will be closed and nobody else will be considered. Those who are selected for the council will be contacted privately to see if they are still interested.

As for "Traders Reputation", that idea is basically history and the thread will be gone. The Good Traders ONLY thread will be reopened for now, until the council is established. Thanks to everyone for their valuable input and cooperation. A special thanks to lazygrae for coming up with this idea. I truly believe that this will work.

Your Tape Trading Moderator,
Combsisthebest
Turn it Around
Open the Windows of Heaven
Pour out a Blessing We Cannot Contain
Let it rain!

Last edited by combsisthebest; 06-26-2005 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:59 PM   #2
lordsmurf
Frequent Poster

If you only update this list 2-4 times a year, it won't be of much value. New traders come and go on a monthly basis. Just my thoughts.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:02 AM   #3
combsisthebest
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf
If you only update this list 2-4 times a year, it won't be of much value. New traders come and go on a monthly basis. Just my thoughts.
Oops that's my error. I meant 1-3 months. Now feel free to add your name to the list if you are interested.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:12 AM   #4
Agent 13

I will offer up my services since I really want to see some sort of system implemented to aid traders in their quests for honest traders. I will be upfront about the fact that I am not sure just how much longer I will actually be trading, so my position would eventually have to be filled by someone else. (I have been threatening to quit trading for over a year, but one of these days I really will. )

Jen
Old 06-25-2005, 11:23 PM   #5
combsisthebest
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareTVonDVD
People seem reluctant to nominate themselves, so I'm going to step up and nominate 4 people who seem like obvious choices.

loren, combsisthebest, jen, lazygrae

I would encourage all these people to off themselves as members of the SO trading post council.
Sorry, you can't nominate anyone. However, if you'd like you can encourage them to nominate themselves.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:04 AM   #6
nannyfan
Forum Regular

I would like to help out with this new system. I've been on sitcoms for almost 2 yrs and I plan on being here for the unforseeable future
Old 06-26-2005, 08:05 AM   #7
tdubel
Forum Regular

Count me in on the idea if I'm welcome to all, I would like to see this forum become more productive and see less bad trader postings. Good idea and let me know if you want me to participate.
THanks
Tom D.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:44 AM   #8
lazygrae
Archivist
Forum Regular

Location: Canada, watching the grooviest gang of fuzz who ever wore a badge.

Re: RareTV’s post: Wow. Lots of great ideas there, many of which, in my opinion, should be implemented, if possible.

I fully support having nannyfan and tdubel on the council (I sent an email to him encouraging him to participate). If he's interested, I would also support Loren being involved. Agent 13 and combsisthebest goes without saying.

While I think we're on to something here and am happy to participate in its development by making suggestions about how it should be set-up and run, as RareTV has done, I have no real interest in running it once it's up. The suggestion was made only to show that there are alternatives to the original # system which I strongly opposed, not because I personally wanted to be on any such committee.

We have good people here who are far more qualified than myself. I have had very few actual trades with members of this group. In fact, I would imagine that I am one of the very least-active members here in that regard. That is unlikely to change. Resultingly, I lack the personal connection that many other established, and for the matter even some new-ish, traders here have with other members. Since we're no longer collecting simple "cold data" in the form of #s, a lot more reliance has to be placed on gut feelings and people’s experience. I think the people who have those personal connections with the members here are the ones who can best serve the interests of the community.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:23 PM   #9
DAJIZZARIZZA
Banned
Banned!!
Frequent Poster

I'm not interested in being apart of council ,.. just wanted to say WOW !!! where was RARE during the writing of the "DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE" LOL

boy that was a looooooooooooooooong speech Rare ... lol

MY EYES ARE BURNING ... HAHAHAHA
Old 06-26-2005, 12:41 PM   #10
loren

i would be pleased to help out the board in what ever task this involves

the group has helped me a lot, and added to my colelction, it would only be fitting to give back soem time and experience to make the group grow and get even better

loren
Old 06-26-2005, 08:43 PM   #11
Agent 13

Question Qualifications

Being a member for 6 months and submitting your name are broad requirements. Would it be possible to have certain higher standards set for qualifying members for the council?
  • No profiteers
  • No public sellers (is this too strict?)
  • Diplomatic tendencies (at least for the spokesman...I think this is very important so as not to be offensive)
  • Good reputation in the trading world overall
  • etc.

Either I'm not good at expressing what I'm getting at, or else I'm too optimistic.

I'm glad to see so many applicants! This way I can stay retired.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:13 PM   #12
nannyfan
Forum Regular

Agent 13,

For the record, I agree with your recommendations. I think tdubel is a very diplomatic person, too Six months on the board - or - 50 posts opens it up to wayyy too many newbies. We have some newbies that post very frequently. Personally, I think the number of posts should be irrelevant. I would like to see someone who has been on sitcoms for at least a year - just because they have seen traders come and go. As far as sellers are concerned, isn't it against sitcoms rules to sell? If so, maybe the council shouldn't have sellers on it??
Old 06-26-2005, 09:29 PM   #13
combsisthebest
Forum Regular

Jen, those are requirements that I will add to the original post. I think that's really good. Nannyfan, those are bare minimum requirements. Remember that just because someone posts their name on this thread, doesn't meant they're going to have a position on the Council.

RareTVonDVD, I like a lot of the things you said and once the council is established we'll review every rule that you posted. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:38 PM   #14
loren

i guess with the new rules,

member for 6 months

and not a seller

will disqualify me from this service, thanks to the people who thought enough of me to suggest my name

loren
Old 06-26-2005, 11:18 PM   #15
tdubel
Forum Regular

Default Question

I have been here for some time, and I have to ask about the selling question. I have tried not to do this lately as the copyright situation is really starting to become worrisome. That said, I get a lot of requests from new traders who have nothing to send at all and I have tried to go the new box set route, but at times that is either unfair or doesn't work, therefore I capitulate for the sale. (more rare now than in the past, I would sell at one point, but just not worth the hassle from some and the off chance that it is someone looking to cause trouble). Let me know how we are handling this situation.

Tom