Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post > Trading Post - Archives - Read-Only

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Max Developing Comedy Series Based Upon Vacation Films; Beverly Hillbillies Mansion Sells for $150 Million
Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-26-2005, 06:16 PM   #46
Agent 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyfan
I've been "taken" for more than 30 tapes by her. I thought she would come through eventually, but - that apparently isn't going to happen. Please search my previous posts for details...I certainly wouldn't hesitate to clear Liz' name if she ever comes through.....where are you Liz????

Nannyfan
Elizabeth Buckman posted today two places: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vid-fo...e/message/7571
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DVD-R_...g/message/2153

I wonder if her name's been cleared yet (?) and/or if she made right on her trades (?).
Old 04-26-2005, 06:21 PM   #47
cp32
Forum Regular

link dont work jen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 13
Elizabeth Buckman posted today: http://by102fd.bay102.hotmail.msn.co...5d66131664fd36

I wonder if her name's been cleared yet (?) and/or if she made right on her trades (?).
Old 04-26-2005, 06:26 PM   #48
Agent 13

Default Elizabeth Buckman

They should work now...
Old 04-28-2005, 01:57 PM   #49
nannyfan
Forum Regular

Default Liz Buckman

After a year+ of waiting for a trade to be completed, I would caution against trading with Liz Buckman. If you do, you should insist she send first. Don't burn dvds to send to her until you have received your side. She is a nice person, but - completely unreliable. She has sent about 8 or 9 tapes out of 30+ (I've forgotten exactly how many)for the 30+ "retail" tapes I sent to her. I've also received 2 or 3 "dollar" dvds that I didn't ask for and don't want. We had completed 2 successful trades before this large one and I was about to move overseas and needed to go ahead and mail all of the tapes to her. "Life" happened to her - but, she has yet to make good on our trade.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:36 AM   #50
love_elway
Occasional Poster

Default Another name

I tried to purchase DVD copies from "TotallyClassicTV" aka Andy Turpa. I sent a Western Union to get these copies. He has since not answered e-mails or sent me my DVDs.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:27 AM   #51
T-Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_elway
I tried to purchase DVD copies from "TotallyClassicTV" aka Andy Turpa. I sent a Western Union to get these copies. He has since not answered e-mails or sent me my DVDs.
He also goes by Urkel_2003. There's always something suspicious about someone using multiple names. From what I understand, he only accepts Western Union. That is a definite red flag for a scammer. He emailed me recently claiming to have something I was looking for, but by this time, he knows I'm on to him and hasn't followed through to try getting my money.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:54 PM   #52
astros349
Frequent Poster

Default Got ripped off

I just sent him a money order via western union and he said he mailed my order but i doubt I will see it after reading some of the other posts about totallyclassictv. aka Andy Turpa
Old 06-05-2005, 05:47 PM   #53
Agent 13

Oh No Andrew Turppa

Andrew Turppa (aka Frank), supposedly from San Francisco, CA, has ripped off a lot of folks recently. Here's one of the links discussing him at length: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=139567

drnobelprice@yahoo.com
ftoyz@netzero.net

Last edited by Agent 13; 06-06-2005 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:46 PM   #54
tick26
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to tick26

so many bad traders lists it's hard to keep track. you can serch google with their email address,but sometimes, that's no use. referances never works since with so many free email servers, yiou can make up names. i always go by the saying, never trade or send money that you can't afford to lose. losing tapes or money is not what makes you mad, the point of going back to square one searching for the stuff you've been ripped off is the boiler.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:47 PM   #55
mele503
Frequent Poster

BAD TRADER: Karri - pioneerdvd@sbcglobal.net

I wanted to warn everyone of this girl. 1st off this was our first
trade between us. She wanted to ship at the same time which she was
aware she was to send 1st since she initiated the trade. Luckily I did
not ship at the same time because she did not send 1 entire complete
series and said she forgot about that one.

I then explained to her since this did not look good on the 1st trade I
would ship out everything except 1 of my complete series to her and
once I received the series she forgot then I would ship out the final
series of mine to her.

In that case she did send me the series and in the meantime I went to
play Gomer Pyle USMC 9 DVDs. I shipped these corrupt DVDs back to her
along with the final series I was to mail her and now she will not
respond to any of my emails and I have given her over a week to respond
or send replacements and she has done neither.

She responded to a posting of mine on DVD-R Yahoo Trade group she was
aware of the corrupt DVDs but nothing from her since so she has had
time to respond to my emails but will not acknowledge them.

There is another trader having this same problem with her but I am waiting on an email from them to let me know if she has responded to his emails yet or replaced his corrupt dvds so I do not want to mention his id.

This girl is from Amarillo, TX.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:51 AM   #56
lickthewallfatboy
Banned
Banned!!
Frequent Poster

Default momofhayley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareTVonDVD
Anne Nicole
Sue Nicole

She also has an address in Florida, apparently a relative. Still ripping people off.

on another forum,there is a big dispute developing between this person and another lady.

to quote the posting-

" If you have traded with Momofhayley@hotmail.com READ THIS!
If you have please contact me! She has decided to burn me and didn't realize that I am not your typical internet person. Criminal and fraud charges are being filed against her (we have a police cheif in the family) if she dosen't refund my money.

SUE NICOLE if you are reading this you need to refund my money. Otherwise you will be arrested for fraud. I have every email you sent and have already shown your scam to the police.

My email is: *******

Wanted to add that I have spoken to the police this evening and found out she uses these names, some fraud of course.

Sue Maples
Pam Maples
Sue Nicole

And has addresses in TN and FL. I have both of those now and all her names, phone number, addresses etc.

If anyone needs help regarding a bad trade with her feel free to contact me!"

she goes on to say-

"I got a confirmation number that has "no record". Which means their is no package assigned to it!!

She told me she sent mine to the wrong person, that person got mine and hers and she resent mine out. I just want my money back at this point. By Law I can demand my money back after 30 days of when my money order was issued. It was issued June 3rd and today makes a month. I don't even want the DVD's anymore, I'm too sick of the games!

if any of you are filing charges and need to know with who or how, contact me. I have all the info since my charges are pending on her."

END QUOTE

mmmm
the plot thickens.....
Old 07-02-2005, 10:23 AM   #57
Agent 13

Default re: momofhayley, Pam Maples, etc.

The sad part of that is this person is more than likely bluffing. My husband is a former police chief, too, which means little unless the victims ban together. It's unlikely that much will be done when the victims live from one end of the US to the other.

It's also very sad that momofhayley was shown to be Pam Maples within a couple of months of Pam assuming that name, close to a year ago. If a decent google check was performed, this could have been prevented.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:18 PM   #58
JOEY1727
did i do that?
Forum Regular

Default can anything be done

by law can anything be done if someone rip u off on a dvd trade
Old 07-02-2005, 12:30 PM   #59
Agent 13

It's unlikely that anything will be done. The best thing to do is to learn by your mistakes.

When I was ripped off I contacted the police department in the person's town. They told me that they couldn't help me with an 'internet fraud', and gave me the internet fraud website address. I submitted the proof to them, and absolutely nothing was done, to my knowledge. (I suppose it is possible for something to be done if enough people filled out the necessary forms, but people like Pam Maples vary their names so much that maybe it keeps them harder to pin down.)

I had used a USPS money order because I was led to believe that they were guaranteed by the US government. Not! At least not when you're dealing with a true con-artist that knows the ins and outs, without a conscience.

One of the best things we can all do is to post these people on trading sites. If we work together and share our experiences, we'll help keep trading safer because most of the time the ones doing the ripping off are the same people.

Rip-off artists are fluent liars, which is why it's a good idea in general to watch for subtle hints of dishonesty with traders via email or message boards. Once I find any inkling of a lie, I will squirm out of trading with them, if things have gone that far. One lie is indicative of too many more. Life is too short to deal with liars or twisters-of-truth, either notorious bad traders or otherwise.

Last edited by Agent 13; 07-02-2005 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:12 AM   #60
Tvo
Frequent Poster

I had one successful trade with this guy and then months later he contacts me for another one. I send my end, he disappears, 3 months later nothing. No response to my emails either. Here's another bad one to add to the list.

patrickmcgahern@eircom.net

Patrick Mc Gahern,
Coolcholly,
Ballyshannon,
Co. Donegal,
Ireland.