Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post > Trading Post - Archives - Read-Only

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Max Developing Comedy Series Based Upon Vacation Films; Beverly Hillbillies Mansion Sells for $150 Million
Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-21-2005, 07:36 PM   #16
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
I would call the company and ask to talk to the manager or owner... and then tell them the situation and let them know that one of there employees is using the business as a front for illegal activities and fraud. And then ask them for their help... perhaps they know who it is, or you can fax them the signature and they can match it up....

I woudl guess that this would really piss off the boss at the company, and that he would chew them out and hopefully they would make right by you in order to cover their butt!
This I plan to do I am giving him/her 1 day and then I will follow though on all actions I told them

Thanks
JAy

BTW Mel I really do appreciate the help I just want to make sure ( if he gave the wrong addess then the person at that addy may know them)
Old 07-21-2005, 07:45 PM   #17
mele503
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
I would call the company and ask to talk to the manager or owner... and then tell them the situation and let them know that one of there employees is using the business as a front for illegal activities and fraud. And then ask them for their help... perhaps they know who it is, or you can fax them the signature and they can match it up....

I woudl guess that this would really piss off the boss at the company, and that he would chew them out and hopefully they would make right by you in order to cover their butt!
Okay this is what I did. I called the # listed for the company (I have unlimited long distance) and spoke with the owner which answered the phone. They told me that their address is 1118 Lancaster Drive Suite #342. They also said that their address used to be 981 Hoffman Rd. NE which was a home business. I asked if the said person
Carrie Hortt worked for them. They told me she used to. They asked me what it was about and I told them that there may be an internet scam going on to that physical address. They said it is a vacant home in which they own. It still does not explain how there was a signature confirmation.

They further told me that Carrie was in a very bad car accident recently. Unfortunately I could not block my phone # because they have a restriction on their phone that would not let me get through that way so that person does have my phone # but promised not to give it to her. I hope I do not get harrassed now
Anyways I tought I would try to help and this is what i found out for you guys.

Mel
Old 07-21-2005, 08:01 PM   #18
mele503
Frequent Poster

Lastly I searched on switchboard.com (this site keeps up to date info) and looked up her name and here is her correct address and also her phone #

Carrie Hortt
4647 Swegle Rd NE
Salem, OR 97301-2015
(503) 362-8510
Old 07-21-2005, 08:35 PM   #19
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Mel you should have been a Private Investigator (mind you it gets really boring following people with a video camera)

Thanks for all you help

Now at least we know that Carrie Fort is a real person (unless the person who answered was the scammer, but probably not)

Regardless of the severe accident or not I have had 5 people now respond to me that they got nothing and some went back up to 3 months ago.

I appreciate everything you have done

Cheers
Jay
Old 07-21-2005, 08:59 PM   #20
Collinwood2003
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Way to go Jay and good work Mel. I still haven't heard from her when I asked for her address the other day. I don't think she gave it to me before.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:21 PM   #21
Agent 13

Question

Doesn't anyone else think it odd that the address is for "Encore Entertainment"? And she's using a vacant home address to receive packages?

I'm not holding my breath on this one. None of this smells right to me. (The accident ploy has been used once too often among bad traders.)

Have those affected by Carrie done some sort of check to see if she's had any good trading experiences?

Speaking from personal experience, it is sad that traders are more apt to attack traders that are down than defend those in need of a good word.

Jay, please let us know how this turns out.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:15 AM   #22
T-Greg

If this is any help, I figured if the alleged automobile accident Carrie Hortt was in was severe, it would probably have been reported in the newspaper. I ran a search in the Statesman Journal newspaper (Salem, Oregon) for all articles containing "Hortt", and came up with 2 articles. Nothing since 2002. Go to the newspaper's website at:

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

At the top of the page is a search box. Type in "Hortt" and select "all articles" from the drop down menu.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:09 PM   #23
jers3130
Occasional Poster

Send a message via AIM to jers3130

I have traded with carrie hortt before over on tv-show-tape-trade - she did send me my stuff (well most of it), but not all of it. This is the address that was on the bubble mailer she sent me:

Carrie Hortt
4647 Swegle Rd NE
Salem, OR 97301-2015
Old 07-23-2005, 09:07 PM   #24
Agent 13

Oh No Did you see this?

Did you see this? It kills me!

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/tv-.../message/15667

Carrie Fort's coming to the defense of Carrie Hortt. She has not been doing her homework, I don't think.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:24 PM   #25
Collinwood2003
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

They also can't spell and you would think they would have enough sense to use a different name not even close to Fort lol
Old 07-23-2005, 11:20 PM   #26
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Maybe the accident is legit but so is the scammer as this has gone on long before the recent "accident"

Mel you definately scared the crap out of her by calling Encore, lets hope that she is scared enough to pay back the 5 (or more) people she owes

I wish we could catch all scammers this early
Old 07-24-2005, 02:16 AM   #27
jers3130
Occasional Poster

Send a message via AIM to jers3130

"Carrie Fort's coming to the defense of Carrie Hortt" Funny stuff...lol
Old 07-25-2005, 12:57 PM   #28
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Well

I t looks like we definately nailed a new scammer as I was contacted by 1 more person who was scammed and on the Yahoo forum another member is asking her where his 80 cd's are. I am glad we caught this person before she became a larger nuisance. Frankly I do not care any more about the 13 dvds as long as she does not get to scam any other people.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:17 PM   #29
Agent 13

Oh No

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/tv-.../message/15868
Old 08-04-2005, 03:34 PM   #30
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 13

If you notice she seems to have the same grammer and spelling as her "friend" who defended her weeks ago. Scammers make me