Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-31-2018, 07:25 AM   #511
Mike82
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
That cat lady did not reunite with her cat Nova, but a lookalike. I have no idea why it was included in the segment of miracle journeys by animals.
I remember watching that thinking "and that's your evidence? No microchip, no tattoo, no collar?". It was an otherwise fascinating episode ruined by such a ridiculous 'miracle'.
Mike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:43 PM   #512
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

In the Rufino Castaneda segment, they show "Laurie" shooting pool with a male friend who gives her money for a drink, and then she goes to the bar and gets the drink before walking back over and being gang rushed and pushed outside into a car. The segment never mentions the male friend again (was he in the bathroom at the time, did he witness any of this, etc.). I hate when UM would introduce people in a segment (sometimes out of nowhere like the other male shown in the Larry Gibson segment) and then never mention them again.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:45 PM   #513
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
In the Rufino Castaneda segment, they show "Laurie" shooting pool with a male friend who gives her money for a drink, and then she goes to the bar and gets the drink before walking back over and being gang rushed and pushed outside into a car. The segment never mentions the male friend again (was he in the bathroom at the time, did he witness any of this, etc.). I hate when UM would introduce people in a segment (sometimes out of nowhere like the other male shown in the Larry Gibson segment) and then never mention them again.
I noticed this, too. I remember this case being profiled on AMW and another crime show that aired on Lifetime in the early 2000s before Castaneda was caught, but I'm drawing a blank on the name of the 3rd show and if either of the other shows even mentioned the male friend she was at the bar with beyond them just shooting pool.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:18 AM   #514
Omar the Satanist
Occasional Poster

Hopefully these haven’t been mentioned too often:

1. Amy Billig wasn’t kidnapped, she ran away with the bikers because she didn’t like her family.

2. Sally McNelly was cheating on Shane Stewart with someone in the “cult” and that’s what their murders were really about.

3. Matt Flores was killed because he was involved in something illegal.

4. Larry Gibson didn’t kill his son.
Omar the Satanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:54 AM   #515
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
I wonder if she lied from the beginning? My guess is the only true part of the story is that she had dreams in an early 1900s setting, which is pretty unremarkable by itself, so she embellished her story more and more as people started to take an interest. At that point, the whole thing likely took on a life of its own, and she decided to double down (finding a town, grave, pictures, etc. for her "past life").

Not at all unlike an author doing research to create characters and settings for a new novel.
Potentially unpopular: I would absolutely read said novel. Say what you will about Georgia Rudolph, but damned if she wasn't creative.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:21 PM   #516
Rweiss
Occasional Poster

Very unpopular opinion donnie hanson didnt kill his sisters,norman ladner died from a tragic accident while hunting with someone he knew.anette coyaditos mother had something to do with her disappearance.
Rweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:13 PM   #517
SageSlowdive
the real hank queen
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rweiss View Post
Very unpopular opinion donnie hanson didnt kill his sisters,
You may be the only person on planet Earth that stills thinks this.
SageSlowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:44 AM   #518
jets4life
Frequent Poster

The Brad Bishop case.

Bishop was a University graduate who had a wife and family, and worked for the State Department. From reading about the case in depth, I actually came to feel sorry for him. His mother was an absolute monster, who routinely called him a failure,laughed at his insecurity, and was extremely emotionally abusive. She would say he was "washed up" and a "loser/failure."

His wife would join in and berate her husband as a loser, who was going nowhere in life. This is a guy who worked at a very respectable job and provided for his family. One day after being passed over for a promotion, he snapped and killed his family.

Killing his children was horrible and inexcusable, but I feel no sympathy for the mother. Sadly some men have breaking points, and for a mother to do that to her successful child is horrendous. I was actually glad he killed her. Not sure if the wife just got caught up in belittling her husband as time went on, but I did not exactly feel much sympathy for her either.
jets4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:23 AM   #519
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets4life View Post
The Brad Bishop case.

Bishop was a University graduate who had a wife and family, and worked for the State Department. From reading about the case in depth, I actually came to feel sorry for him. His mother was an absolute monster, who routinely called him a failure,laughed at his insecurity, and was extremely emotionally abusive. She would say he was "washed up" and a "loser/failure."

His wife would join in and berate her husband as a loser, who was going nowhere in life. This is a guy who worked at a very respectable job and provided for his family. One day after being passed over for a promotion, he snapped and killed his family.

Killing his children was horrible and inexcusable, but I feel no sympathy for the mother. Sadly some men have breaking points, and for a mother to do that to her successful child is horrendous. I was actually glad he killed her. Not sure if the wife just got caught up in belittling her husband as time went on, but I did not exactly feel much sympathy for her either.
You're....glad he killed his mother?

I've read about the case in depth as well (though I haven't read the book by Bishop's colleague.) From every source I have read, the only reference for which you speak of regarding the mother and the wife comes from an Unsolved Mysteries quote by Roy Harrell. He said....

"Brad always thought there was something lacking in himself. This thought was echoed to him constantly by his mother and to some extent, his wife who told him he was washed up, a nobody and going nowhere in his career."

Roy Harrell is no longer considered a reliable source as police have pointed out how his stories have changed. They had also tested his memory in the past and he said things that made no sense. I have since come to believe that Harrell got a little too caught up in the "celebrity" of being the last person to see Bishop before the murders and tried to color up his memories of everything having to do with Bishop.

All other non-Roy Harrell interviews with the people in Bishop's life never mentioned any of this and they actually gave the impression that Bishop's family members would never DARE say anything as risky as calling him a failure.

It should also be noted that the only reason Brad was able to afford his house was because his mother gave him the money. Yet despite this and despite Bishop's credentials, the family was badly in debt at the time of the murders. Bishop's mother also provided 24 hour care for his three children, which allowed Annette the time to start taking classes at the University of Maryland. This does not sound like a woman who lived every waking moment to abuse her son at every possible chance but...that's just my humble opinion.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:47 AM   #520
jets4life
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post
You're....glad he killed his mother?

I've read about the case in depth as well (though I haven't read the book by Bishop's colleague.) From every source I have read, the only reference for which you speak of regarding the mother and the wife comes from an Unsolved Mysteries quote by Roy Harrell. He said....

"Brad always thought there was something lacking in himself. This thought was echoed to him constantly by his mother and to some extent, his wife who told him he was washed up, a nobody and going nowhere in his career."

Roy Harrell is no longer considered a reliable source as police have pointed out how his stories have changed. They had also tested his memory in the past and he said things that made no sense. I have since come to believe that Harrell got a little too caught up in the "celebrity" of being the last person to see Bishop before the murders and tried to color up his memories of everything having to do with Bishop.

All other non-Roy Harrell interviews with the people in Bishop's life never mentioned any of this and they actually gave the impression that Bishop's family members would never DARE say anything as risky as calling him a failure.
Strange. I remember it being accepted as fact in the 90s. Perhaps he had some kind of psychotic breakdown. I just read a couple of articles an horr ago,and it mentions overkill- that he especially beat his children with such rage and anger that he literally smashed their skulls in.

Quote:
It should also be noted that the only reason Brad was able to afford his house was because his mother gave him the money. Yet despite this and despite Bishop's credentials, the family was badly in debt at the time of the murders. Bishop's mother also provided 24 hour care for his three children, which allowed Annette the time to start taking classes at the University of Maryland. This does not sound like a woman who lived every waking moment to abuse her son at every possible chance but...that's just my humble opinion.
Are you absolutely certain about that? The two articles I came across discussed this, but concluded that their debt was not severe at all, in fact it was as what was to be expected of a upper middle class family at that time period.
jets4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:12 PM   #521
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Dana Satterfield's murder and Angela Hammond's abduction have some striking similarities: both had key witnesses who observed the perpetrator fleeing the area/scene, both had witnesses describe the vehicle of the perpetrator, and police initially suspected the significant others before ruling them out. But Satterfield's case was never scrutinized (prior to update) to the degree that Hammond's case was.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:43 PM   #522
Rweiss
Occasional Poster

I also believe aj breux was murdered not long afer the second witness sighting due to the fact he was gays
Old 10-09-2019, 12:55 PM   #523
Rweiss
Occasional Poster

I agree the harassment was fake but i do believe she was murdered,by someone who knew about the harassment and duplicated it to male her murede seem like a suicide.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:36 PM   #524
BlueGalexy
Frequent Poster

Interestingly enough, I used to hold a potentially "unpopular opinion" about the Deborah Poe case that I've just recently begun to rethink. I used to believe that the ever elusive "Megadeth Man" was simply another bystander who at most may have decided to take advantage of the empty store and help himself to the till. Recently however, crystaldawn wrote an insightful blog entry that touched on the Poe case and provided some details that I wasn't aware of, which caused me to rethink the issue altogether.
BlueGalexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:43 PM   #525
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets4life View Post
Are you absolutely certain about that? The two articles I came across discussed this, but concluded that their debt was not severe at all, in fact it was as what was to be expected of a upper middle class family at that time period.
Bishop's mother gave him the down payment for the family house which was $30,000. That would equal about $152,000 in today's money. Financial troubles were constant. And at the time, the IRS was auditing its taxes.

I'm having trouble finding the extremely detailed article that covered this. I'll copy and paste when I finally find it.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote