Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables
2019 New York Comic Con Round Up

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #106
yankeesrj12

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule
The new episode of The Blacklist that was scheduled for Monday night has been pulled, American Dream Builders will air on a 2nd night this week. NBC probably did this to avoid the NCAA championship game.
If I'm not mistaken, it was a repeat episode that was originally scheduled. Since there are only four episodes left, NBC is saving them for the end of April and beginning of May, to get more on the air during May Sweeps.
yankeesrj12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #107
yankeesrj12

Quote:
Originally Posted by irehtman
It still needs 100 episode or more and it should end its series with the same number of seasons as Parks and Recreation.
I'm sorry, but this makes no sense. The difference between Community and Parks and Recreation is that Sony owns Community and NBC Universal owns Parks and Recreation. NBC has no reason to keep Community on the air. If Sony wants more episodes for syndication, they are going to have to cut costs extremely low, as the ratings do not warrant another season.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #108
irehtman

Default HEY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesrj12
I'm sorry, but this makes no sense. The difference between Community and Parks and Recreation is that Sony owns Community and NBC Universal owns Parks and Recreation. NBC has no reason to keep Community on the air. If Sony wants more episodes for syndication, they are going to have to cut costs extremely low, as the ratings do not warrant another season.
Please stay out of this, this show needs 3 episodes to make 100, so leave this show alone and NBC should never get rid of this show right away too soon!
irehtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #109
yankeesrj12

Quote:
Please stay out of this, this show needs 3 episodes to make 100, so leave this show alone and NBC should never get rid of this show right away too soon!
Why should I stay out of this conversation? It's a forum for all to express their opinions about television series.

NBC has no financial reason to continue the Community. They do not own it, Sony does. Just because its three episodes short of 100 episodes doesn't mean it has to be renewed. The series is already in syndication and it isn't doing well. There is pretty much no reason for it to continue, except to keep a few fans happy. Just let the show end now before ratings fall even further.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:32 PM   #110
Cyrax
Frequent Poster

Yeah, Community has just hit 0.9, there is absolutely no reason to renew it for a 6th season, how low would it go this time next year? And these days 88 episodes are enough for syndication so the 100-episode rule does not stand either.
Cyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #111
irehtman

Default Yankeesrj12...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesrj12
Why should I stay out of this conversation? It's a forum for all to express their opinions about television series.

NBC has no financial reason to continue the Community. They do not own it, Sony does. Just because its three episodes short of 100 episodes doesn't mean it has to be renewed. The series is already in syndication and it isn't doing well. There is pretty much no reason for it to continue, except to keep a few fans happy. Just let the show end now before ratings fall even further.
I still don't want to see any of your postings against this show at all, otherwise, you are going to get sued immediately!
Old 04-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #112
irehtman

Default Cyrax...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrax
Yeah, Community has just hit 0.9, there is absolutely no reason to renew it for a 6th season, how low would it go this time next year? And these days 88 episodes are enough for syndication so the 100-episode rule does not stand either.
How dare you say that this show!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:53 PM   #113
yankeesrj12

Quote:
I still don't want to see any of your postings against this show at all, otherwise, you are going to get sued immediately!
This is a forum to discuss television. You don't have to agree with my opinion, but I am allowed to state it.

I've provided facts about Community, you just don't wish to read into them. NBC very well may renew it, but I think its chances are slim to none.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #114
James28
Michael Jackson - DCS Leader

Since ther is only a month remaining in the television season, will NBC's upcoming series The Night Shift (with just 8 episodes) end up as a summer series, just like Reckless over at CBS?
Old 04-08-2014, 07:00 PM   #115
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Forum Legend

Quote:
i don't know how far you are going to get with that lawsuit - you would probably be better off just putting someone on "ignore" if you do not wish to see their posts anymore.

- just click on the person's user name above their avatar, then click on the "Add So-And-So to Your Ignore List" in the middle of the blue bar on their profile page
robyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:02 PM   #116
yankeesrj12

Quote:
Originally Posted by James28
Since ther is only a month remaining in the television season, will NBC's upcoming series The Night Shift (with just 8 episodes) end up as a summer series, just like Reckless over at CBS?
NBC scheduled the debut of The Night Shift for Tuesday, May 27th, following America's Got Talent.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:57 PM   #117
James28
Michael Jackson - DCS Leader

NBC sets a date for its new Rosemary's Baby four-hour miniseries: On May 11 and May 15, from 9:00 to 11:00 P.M..

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/rose...e-saldana-nbc/
James28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #118
irehtman

There's no doubt about renewing these three comedies and move to a new night where Parks And Recreation is for the next season:

Community
About A Boy
Growing Up Fisher
Old 04-27-2014, 01:54 AM   #119
Cyrax
Frequent Poster

Is NBC going to air the 13th episodes of About A Boy & Growing Up Fisher (if they do exist, that is) on 5/20, a week after The Voice finale or are they being saved for the second season?
Cyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:23 AM   #120
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrax
Is NBC going to air the 13th episodes of About A Boy & Growing Up Fisher (if they do exist, that is) on 5/20, a week after The Voice finale or are they being saved for the second season?
The Voice finale is 9-11, AAB and GUF should air in the 8PM hour on the 20th. (hasn't been officially announced, just what I would do)
My Top 100 TV Theme Songs http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...28#post5320128
Is Christ the cornerstone of your life? If not, he should be.

catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote