Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-13-2013, 12:31 AM   #16
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

Monday - So NBC is pretty much leaving Revolution out to dry, huh? Anyway, this is probably a good choice. The Blacklist seems to be NBC's attempt at a darker drama in the vein of The Following (but hopefully less terrible). Should do fine after The Voice, and NBC should easily be able to continue to claim Mondays.

Tuesday - This might be NBC's strongest night. Putting Chicago Fire after The Voice is a smart move and could cause that show to do big things. And saving the new sitcoms for The Voice's 2nd cycle is an incredibly smart move after what happened to Go On and The New Normal this year. As a New Girl fan, I worry about what The Voice's move to 9PM means for that show...but from NBC's standpoint, Tuesdays look like a win.

Wednesday - This night, on the other hand, looks like a total disaster. I don't think Revolution will fare any better than the strings of failed comedy blocks NBC has tried in this slot in the past few years, and I see a Smash-esque collapse for it. It's already fading even with the Voice lead-in, how is it going to support itself? SVU was able to decently launch Chicago Fire this year, but it's still an aging series and I don't know how many more lead-outs it has left in it. All in all, this looks like NBC's worst night to me, and I could see it getting ugly.

Thursday - This one could go either way. On one hand, this night needed a major shake-up, and they desperately need some new blood in their comedy slate. On the other hand, I still think trying to launch new comedies against the dominant CBS on this night (especially considering it looks like there's a fairly good chance CBS will expand their comedy block this year) is a mistake, and that they should've maybe tried elsewhere. One thing's for sure - Parks & Rec is going to get murdered at 8:00. But since they're holding off on Community, they didn't really have any other options for that slot. One curious aspect here is that Michael J. Fox is at 9:30 instead of 9:00. Either NBC wasn't as pleased with Fox's show as they expected to be, or they're bracing themselves for a CBS anchor comedy (probably 2.5 Men or maybe even Big Bang?) at 9, and want to protect Fox's show from it.

Friday - It's nice to see NBC actually trying to capitilize off the success of Grimm instead of just leaving it on an island like they've done for the past 2 years. This block should do decently, I think.

Sunday - I highly doubt this block remains the same come mid-season. If it does, then it'll be a disaster.

Overall, it seems like a more sensible fall schedule than last year's bizarre mess. It's still overly reliant on The Voice, but slightly less so...and at least they're trying some stuff.

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com

Last edited by EmoJoe; 05-13-2013 at 02:55 AM.
EmoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #17
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

I'll DVR L&O and watch it later.

Looking forward to "Sean Saves the World" and "TMJFS".

"Dracula" looks promising for at least one season.
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #18
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

I wish MJF was paired with Welcome to the Family.
catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #19
irehtman

NBC is struggling to find perfect new comedies in its own network recently. They just cannot find classic imitators like Gimme A Break!, Silver Spoons, The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air and Blossom. The #1 classic NBC comedy I liked the most is Hang Time!
irehtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #20
tbswatcher
Forum Regular

On NBC this fall I plan to watch The Biggest Loser, Parenthood and I will check out MJF.
tbswatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #21
king of comedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbswatcher
On NBC this fall I plan to watch The Biggest Loser, Parenthood and I will check out MJF.
I'll go with Grim and Chicago Fire.
king of comedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:59 PM   #22
Patty Duke
Good night, John Boy
Forum Regular

NBC hasn't had good shows in a while. Hey wait, I did like that show that had Kathy Bates as a Lawyer but they canceled it.Oh yeah, it was Harry's Law! Now that was a good show, go figure, they get a hit and BAM. Yeah, I'll pass on NBC.
Patty Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #23
liane49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryade
I think they have decided to start targetting older audiences with bland formulaic programming off the back of the success of Chicago Fire. Shame.
I watch Chicago Fire and Law and Order SUV now that reruns are on because when they were both on Wed. I also liked watching Criminal Minds and CSI Las Vegas.
liane49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #24
liane49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Duke
NBC hasn't had good shows in a while. Hey wait, I did like that show that had Kathy Bates as a Lawyer but they canceled it.Oh yeah, it was Harry's Law! Now that was a good show, go figure, they get a hit and BAM. Yeah, I'll pass on NBC.
I liked Harry's Law and was sad when it ended.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #25
liane49

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbswatcher
I can't wait for Parenthood, one of my favorite shows.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:19 AM   #26
catsrule
Forum Veteran

Crossing Lines is pretty good! It reminds me of The Following, except better. This should have been on the fall lineup instead of Spader and Underwood's shows.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #27
catsrule
Forum Veteran

NBC premiere dates, Michael J. Fox gets an hourlong premiere and will go head-to-head with the Robin Williams premiere.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...m-more/188411/
Old 08-06-2013, 02:05 AM   #28
lucy&vivfan
Frequent Poster

Bringing Michael J. Fox back to prime-time? Where are the NEW TV stars? I mean, do we have to drag TV stars from the 1980s out of mothballs and put them in yet even more ill-conceived, unstructured sitcoms. Are the networks THAT desperate?
lucy&vivfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:13 AM   #29
70s show watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy&vivfan
Bringing Michael J. Fox back to prime-time? Where are the NEW TV stars? I mean, do we have to drag TV stars from the 1980s out of mothballs and put them in yet even more ill-conceived, unstructured sitcoms. Are the networks THAT desperate?
some people have forgotten that brandon tartikoff tried something like this before at nbc in 1981/82 eccept instead of 80s stars on the combck tral it was done with 50s/60s stars ie james arness angie dickenson the smothers brothers none of those shows lasted a single season the idea did not work then and now i think nbc;s hopes are way too high for sany of these shows esp michael j fox i have always been a big fan but just because he was onme of the kings of tv when i was a kid does not mean that he will catch on with todays kids
70s show watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:15 AM   #30
70s show watcher

sorry for the misspellingss
70s show watcher is offline   Reply With Quote