Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 26, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: NBC Developing Serendipity Series; Designing Women Making Streaming Media Debut
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-20-2017, 09:26 PM   #121
thinwhiteduke74
Forum Regular

If Scott Johnston isn't gay, I'm a woolly mammoth. One of the cuter UM participants too -- what hair!
thinwhiteduke74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 12:16 AM   #122
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinwhiteduke74
If Scott Johnston isn't gay, I'm a woolly mammoth.
Just watched the segment and you are definitely NOT a wooly mammoth.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:17 PM   #123
bip05
Frequent Poster

Default clearly gay

me! i mean, us! i mean, Louis Bourgeois and Jean-Marie Gagnon.

we are so clearly gay and UM did not mention it all.

BY THE WAY: am i crazy or didn't i see this case on amazon? I can't find it now.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:34 PM   #124
cdr369
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bip05

BY THE WAY: am i crazy or didn't i see this case on amazon? I can't find it now.
Wait ... am I missing something here?
cdr369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:01 PM   #125
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdr369
Wait ... am I missing something here?
I think they are referring to their avatar picture. I got lost for a second, too.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:29 PM   #126
cdr369
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
I think they are referring to their avatar picture. I got lost for a second, too.
Ahhh ... ok, makes more sense now. I was a bit excited (is that bad?).
Old 08-30-2017, 01:25 AM   #127
bip05
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdr369
Ahhh ... ok, makes more sense now. I was a bit excited (is that bad?).
sorry to have gotten your hopes up

but am i crazy or was this case on amazon?
bip05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 01:08 PM   #128
Hot Jock
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
Just watched the segment and you are definitely NOT a wooly mammoth.
Just watched this one again and Scott Johnston is definitely a friend of Dorothy's.
Hot Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:22 PM   #129
RobinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bip05

It was originally aired as part of the Alcatraz special in order to keep up with their "prison escapes" theme, but for some reason, they've edited the segment out of the Alcatraz special on Prime.

On a side note, I was initially VERY confused by the preceding Scott Johnson comments since I thought everyone was referring to the boy who was burned in the shack.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:32 PM   #130
thinwhiteduke74
Forum Regular

I did too!
Old 08-30-2017, 02:32 PM   #131
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
On a side note, I was initially VERY confused by the preceding Scott Johnson comments since I thought everyone was referring to the boy who was burned in the shack.
Oh, holy crap, I laughed so hard at reading this. That probably WAS a brain bender.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 03:59 PM   #132
cdr369
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
Oh, holy crap, I laughed so hard at reading this. That probably WAS a brain bender.
This is HILARIOUS ( I am saying this in my Jerri Blank voice) .

Yes, clearly Scott was a friend of Dorothy and there is absolutely no question in my mind about that.

I really need to rewatch this segment to get some laughs again. He was a very attractive male, I will add.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:22 PM   #133
Composite Sketch
Staring at you
Forum Regular

I think UM, in general, had a very conservative bent to it, especially in its early years, which is why they shied away from topics like same-sex relationships. I can't think of any case before Bryan Nisenfeld's (which of course was years after the NBC run) where Stack mentioned anything about homosexuality, aside from the Leo Khoury case with that awful scene of his henchman recruiting someone 'from the gay community' as a hitman.

I skimmed quickly through the pages of this thread, but I don't believe the John Hawkins / Dr Richard Boggs case was mentioned. UM completely side-stepped the homosexual angle on this one, but Forensic Files, which did an episode on this case years later, tackled it head-on. Not only did investigators discover that Dr Boggs had financial problems, but he was closeted and sex toys were found in his office drawers. Their victim, Ellis Henry Greene (who did not look anything like the re-enactment actor and whose actual picture was not used), was HIV positive and it's thought that Dr Boggs met him at a gay bar. John Hawkins also was known to use his charms on both men and women; one of his former lovers called AMW with his whereabouts.

Add in another (gay) person who clocked Matthew Chase from the get-go, sometimes you just know these things. But then again, I didn't see that segment until I was 25. Also, it was clear that Scott Johnston had a crush on "Jason" which (hopefully) dissipated after he realized that he was part of a murder. (And I also had to not confuse him with the little Arizona boy who died in the shack.)

I *did* see the Jean-Marie Gagnon segment as a kid and never forgot that B&W pic of him and Louis Bourgeois. I mean, really! Then Gagnon was discovered to be in a small Georgia town as a masseur.
Composite Sketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:44 PM   #134
cdr369
Frequent Poster

(a) Re: Boggs, I really need to see that episode. I think he later succumbed to AIDS (Boggs) if I am correct. The whole crime was an awful ordeal in planning. How did the doctor think that nobody would find out the truth? The EMS learned it after showing up and noticing the body's rigor mortis.

(b) I know Matthew Chase has been discussed several times as being gay. I have the same feeling too, and myself also being gay, I felt bad for his parents. I feel that they probably knew nothing about their son's lifestyle, until they returned to California after he disappeared. Of course, like most of this stuff on here, it is just speculation. But Oregon was a pretty conservative state in the 1980s and I know he wasn't from Portland.

I was born in the 1980s and grew up in the bible belt. Where I am from, gay people were considered perverts. Because AIDS was so rampant at that time period, and the 1990s, people also associated it with Leprosy. It doesn't surprise me in hindsight that UM avoided the topic. I think all of this is educational to future generations who will never understand how off topic the subject of homosexuality really was during that period.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:01 PM   #135
thinwhiteduke74
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdr369 View Post
(b) I know Matthew Chase has been discussed several times as being gay. I have the same feeling too, and myself also being gay, I felt bad for his parents. I feel that they probably knew nothing about their son's lifestyle, until they returned to California after he disappeared. Of course, like most of this stuff on here, it is just speculation. But Oregon was a pretty conservative state in the 1980s and I know he wasn't from Portland.
I thought someone posted an anecdote about Chase taking a boyfriend to his prom. No doubt his parents would've learned about it.

Point taken, though!