Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Alice (Sitcoms Online) / Alice links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Alice Photo Gallery / Flo Message Board / Flo Photo Gallery

Alice - The Complete First Season

Buy Alice - The Complete First Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
Alice - The Complete Second Season

Buy Alice - The Complete Second Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
Alice - The Complete Third Season

Buy Alice - The Complete Third Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
Alice - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Alice - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
Alice - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Alice - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
Alice - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Alice - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
Alice - Television Favorites

Buy Alice - Television Favorites on DVD
Flo - The Complete Series

Buy Flo - The Complete Series (WBShop.com) on DVD
(Amazon.com)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Alice

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-12-2019, 12:56 PM   #1
Wawwie

Default Hypocritical Alice

In the episode where Flo, Vera and Alice all go to the singles bar, Flo and Alice both hook up with that guy Greg at different times. Greg plays them both, and when Alice and Flo figure this out, Alice is hell-bent on dumping Greg and urges Flo to do the same. Yet in later episodes, Alice ends up dating Greg seriously. He is her new years eve date, he takes Tommy camping, she has him over for dinners, etc. I don't get it. In the episode with the singles bar, she says he is a creep and she is determined to dump him and guilts Flo into doing the same, then she turns around and becomes his girlfriend. So what's up with that?
Wawwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:46 AM   #2
FredScuttle
Forum Regular

His last name kept changing, so maybe she was confused
FredScuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:31 PM   #3
Wawwie

She finally dumps him when he accuses her of putting Tommy up to trying to get him to marry her.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:08 PM   #4
rcbrad
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredScuttle View Post
His last name kept changing, so maybe she was confused
It could be or maybe the writers/producers were trying to pull him off as a different Greg that she knew, since he had a different last name.
rcbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 02:58 PM   #5
Wawwie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbrad View Post
It could be or maybe the writers/producers were trying to pull him off as a different Greg that she knew, since he had a different last name.
Then they also should have changed "Greg's" first name too. They did it with the guy who played a diner regular named "Bueford" who later came back as a totally different character playing Flo's brother "Billy Joe" or "Billy Bob."
Old 09-26-2019, 04:59 PM   #6
FredScuttle
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie View Post
Then they also should have changed "Greg's" first name too. They did it with the guy who played a diner regular named "Bueford" who later came back as a totally different character playing Flo's brother "Billy Joe" or "Billy Bob."
Jimmy Joe. Also played him on a 2-part (or 1 hour) Thanksgiving episode of Flo. although he may have just been called "JJ" (that's how he's credited on IMDB)
FredScuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:59 PM   #7
Wawwie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredScuttle View Post
Jimmy Joe. Also played him on a 2-part (or 1 hour) Thanksgiving episode of Flo. although he may have just been called "JJ" (that's how he's credited on IMDB)
I never saw the "Flo" series. I wonder if it was any good. Poor Polly Holliday. I hate that she was dumped from "Alice" because of Linda Lavin's insecurity and ego issues.
Old 09-28-2019, 11:01 AM   #8
Kasey

Quote:
I never saw the "Flo" series. I wonder if it was any good. Poor Polly Holliday. I hate that she was dumped from "Alice" because of Linda Lavin's insecurity and ego issues.
It had some good moments, but overall it wasn't up to par with ALICE. The supporting characters weren't as likeable or developed and when they tried to give each of them an episode to flesh them out it didn't really help either. Polly Holliday deserved better. The Thanksgiving episode was great--a terrific mix of humor and pathos. The casting of the brothers was excellent and it boasted some great character players. The "Mel" episode was pretty good because of the crossover, and there were some other cute moments, but overall it's just an average show.

Top 10 Shows I Want Completed on DVD: It's a Living, The Donna Reed Show, Phyllis, Petticoat Junction, My Three Sons, Murphy Brown, The Hogan Family, Julia, 227, Delta
Kasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:49 AM   #9
Wawwie

Quote:
In the episode where Flo, Vera and Alice all go to the singles bar, Flo and Alice both hook up with that guy Greg at different times. Greg plays them both, and when Alice and Flo figure this out, Alice is hell-bent on dumping Greg and urges Flo to do the same. Yet in later episodes, Alice ends up dating Greg seriously. He is her new years eve date, he takes Tommy camping, she has him over for dinners, etc. I don't get it. In the episode with the singles bar, she says he is a creep and she is determined to dump him and guilts Flo into doing the same, then she turns around and becomes his girlfriend. So what's up with that?
This silly episode was on tonight on Antenna TV. It just reminds me of how hypocritical Alice is, especially when she's scolding Flo at the pay phone, forcing her to call Greg and cancel their date.... only to turn around and become Greg's girlfriend even after he takes out Vera.