Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2017, 11:57 AM   #196
Awsi Dooger
Member
Senior Member
 
Awsi Dooger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 18, 2003
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzlerSparkler
I really don't think she was sold into slavery either. She fell overboard. Simple as that. I mean its as if thry expect to see breaking news that a slavery ring was busyed and among those rescued were Amy Bradley, Natalee Hollaway, Chandra Levy, and Lacie Peterson.
You can add a lot more names to that list. I think Amy Billig would be marching out also.

Tiresome topic. Wastes plenty of time. I'm older than most here and remember true crime cases from decades ago that may not have had DNA discussion but at least we weren't bogged down by crap like human trafficking.

Of course, as soon as you say something like that then naturally you're bombarded with the..."more common that you think it is"...posts.

Sorry. My mistake. We'll adjust the likelihood from .003 to .0086
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:42 AM   #197
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
Just curious to your take on these two, Meg.

Drake because I don't think you've commented, or if you have I haven't seen it.

I put "innocent with some question" for Port Chicago because, they did technically refuse to follow orders. Aren't they guilty of that at least? I thought the military was strict liability on such things. Whether their decision was justified is another matter (I believe they were justified). Figured you would be the best person to ask regardless.
Drake is twofold:

1. Drake had a clear motive to get his wife out of the picture.
2. I have always thought Nancy's behavior post-attack was suspicious and more than a little indicative of a submissive partner covering for an abusive partner, as they are often unfortunately wont to do. I also highly suspect she never suffered from amnesia, and recalled the lurking man around the church in the course of searching for a way to let Thomas off the hook.

The Port Chicago sailors did disobey orders, but I do think that the more serious charge--mutiny--was not at all applicable in that case.

I'm maybe a little better than a barracks lawyer in my understanding of military justice, but disobeying a direct order isn't necessarily something a service member will always be punished for under certain conditions, even if he or she was charged with doing so initially. This applies especially if the order is found to be unlawful. In fact, service members are actually compelled to disobey orders they know to be unlawful, such as Lieutenant Calley's rampage through My Lai, and can be liable to prosecution for obeying such orders.
__________________
"Why is she lying?, it makes me wonder. What is she hiding?, it makes me wonder."

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:42 AM   #198
Mike82
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 19, 2017
Posts: 174
Default

Long time lurker finally starting to post here. As a general rule I agree with the majority of both cases but here are a few unpopular opinions:

1)Jule Caylor is not only innocent, but I actually believe him. He is a very unlikable, miserable guy but makes no attempt to hide who he is. I believe Dottie ran off and, being naÔve, into the wrong hands. He obviously doesn't care but that doesn't mean he killed her.
2)I am not convinced Stephen Marfeo is guilty. Yes, I am fully aware of what happened to him in the end but he probably snapped at that point after being called a murderer once again. He DID however come across as someone with a bad temper and I can see why so many would scream "GUILTY!"
3)Tim McClure and Hugh Harlin are innocent. It seems both these guys are seen as guilty mostly because they are 'weird'. Being a weirdo is not a crime and does not automatically make you a potential murderer.
Mike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:59 AM   #199
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Moderator
Senior Member
 
LooksLikeCRicci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 27, 2005
Posts: 3,747
Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike82
Long time lurker finally starting to post here. As a general rule I agree with the majority of both cases but here are a few unpopular opinions:

1)Jule Caylor is not only innocent, but I actually believe him. He is a very unlikable, miserable guy but makes no attempt to hide who he is. I believe Dottie ran off and, being naÔve, into the wrong hands. He obviously doesn't care but that doesn't mean he killed her.
2)I am not convinced Stephen Marfeo is guilty. Yes, I am fully aware of what happened to him in the end but he probably snapped at that point after being called a murderer once again. He DID however come across as someone with a bad temper and I can see why so many would scream "GUILTY!"
3)Tim McClure and Hugh Harlin are innocent. It seems both these guys are seen as guilty mostly because they are 'weird'. Being a weirdo is not a crime and does not automatically make you a potential murderer.
I completely disagree with you re: Caylor and Marfeo, but I love seeing new folks pop up! Welcome!
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:06 PM   #200
bell83
You're in high school again.
Forum Regular
 
bell83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 05, 2006
Posts: 843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike82
Being a weirdo is not a crime and does not automatically make you a potential murderer.
Thank God, because I'd really be screwed...
__________________
Acid is groovy...kill the pigs.
bell83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:59 PM   #201
Jon
Member
Forum Regular
 
Jon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 22, 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike82
Long time lurker finally starting to post here. As a general rule I agree with the majority of both cases but here are a few unpopular opinions:

1)Jule Caylor is not only innocent, but I actually believe him. He is a very unlikable, miserable guy but makes no attempt to hide who he is. I believe Dottie ran off and, being naÔve, into the wrong hands. He obviously doesn't care but that doesn't mean he killed her.
2)I am not convinced Stephen Marfeo is guilty. Yes, I am fully aware of what happened to him in the end but he probably snapped at that point after being called a murderer once again. He DID however come across as someone with a bad temper and I can see why so many would scream "GUILTY!"
3)Tim McClure and Hugh Harlin are innocent. It seems both these guys are seen as guilty mostly because they are 'weird'. Being a weirdo is not a crime and does not automatically make you a potential murderer.
Wow, you didnt merely join the game, you really went 'all in' didn't you!
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:21 PM   #202
apwgk
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 20, 2017
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 7
Default

Hi everyone! Long-time lurker, first time poster. The topic peaked my interest so figure throw my 2 cents in:

- I feel the boyfriend of Angela Hammond isn't being truthful at best and is guilty at worst. From what I know of the case, all we have is the boyfriend's word and not much corroborating evidence. Maybe I'm wrong and someone can point some evidence out?
apwgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:22 PM   #203
amandab1234
Member
Forum Regular
 
amandab1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 17, 2011
Posts: 573
Default

Another one came to mind while I was watching old episodes on Amazon.

Curtis Heck didnít kill Kenneth Engy
amandab1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 01:18 PM   #204
freakbook
Member
Senior Member
 
freakbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2017
Posts: 1,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwgk
Hi everyone! Long-time lurker, first time poster. The topic peaked my interest so figure throw my 2 cents in:

- I feel the boyfriend of Angela Hammond isn't being truthful at best and is guilty at worst. From what I know of the case, all we have is the boyfriend's word and not much corroborating evidence. Maybe I'm wrong and someone can point some evidence out?
Welcome. We're going to get along great. I like you.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:50 PM   #205
apwgk
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 20, 2017
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 7
Default

Your post freakbook was the first post I've seen that has cast doubt on the "given facts" on this case. I'm much like a lot of people on this board where we look at the evidence and it speaks for itself, that's why unless I'm missing something I'm surprised more doubt hasn't been cast on hammond's boyfriend. Interested in others takes. And thanks for welcoming me!!
apwgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:44 AM   #206
freakbook
Member
Senior Member
 
freakbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2017
Posts: 1,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwgk
Your post freakbook was the first post I've seen that has cast doubt on the "given facts" on this case. I'm much like a lot of people on this board where we look at the evidence and it speaks for itself, that's why unless I'm missing something I'm surprised more doubt hasn't been cast on hammond's boyfriend. Interested in others takes. And thanks for welcoming me!!

Stick around, it's like that with every case that I talk about, that's why I'm so loved
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:46 AM   #207
MissFit29
Member
Forum Regular
 
MissFit29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 09, 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 523
Default

I think I'm the only one who has the opinion that Carolyn Killaby's (victim of Dennis Keith Smith) husband is a lousy douchy a-hole. A lot of people have sympathy for HIM. Screw him. I feel sorry for HER.
MissFit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:43 PM   #208
unsolved88
Member
Forum Regular
 
unsolved88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 16, 2006
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 458
Default

Although he certainly didn't deserve what happened to him, Jimmy Aprille struck me as smug and condescending. He seemed to me like he would have been a chore to live with. He said his wife as "the epitome of greed"? Yeah, Melvine was 150% wrong for what she did, but don't get it twisted, Jimmy. She was basically raising your kids as a single parent most of the time because you were married to your job even though you had more money than most people could ever dream of. Couldn't that also be considered greed?
unsolved88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:32 PM   #209
dynoguy88
Member
Senior Member
 
dynoguy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 01, 2000
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 2,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissFit29
I think I'm the only one who has the opinion that Carolyn Killaby's (victim of Dennis Keith Smith) husband is a lousy douchy a-hole. A lot of people have sympathy for HIM. Screw him. I feel sorry for HER.
No sympathy at all? I agree that it was douchey to blow his wife off for the night to drink with his brother. But his wife was still raped and murdered by a freak who should never have been released from prison for ANOTHER murder he committed.

How does that not garner at least a little sympathy for the husband?
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:30 PM   #210
MissFit29
Member
Forum Regular
 
MissFit29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 09, 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
No sympathy at all? I agree that it was douchey to blow his wife off for the night to drink with his brother. But his wife was still raped and murdered by a freak who should never have been released from prison for ANOTHER murder he committed.

How does that not garner at least a little sympathy for the husband?
I've never felt any sympathy for him. Never liked that guy. That's why I posted it as an unpopular opinion.
MissFit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.