Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

All Other TV Shows Photo Gallery / Sketch Comedy/Variety/Talk Shows/Late Night TV Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > All Other TV Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Walker, Texas Ranger Scores Big for The CW; Remembering Gregory Sierra of Sanford and Son and Barney Miller, Broadcasting Legend Larry King
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 25, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: America's Most Wanted to Return; John Krasinski and Regina King Among Upcoming SNL Hosts
Fri-Yay: The Network Sitcom Is In Crisis - Can It Be Saved?; TBS Announces Dates for New Series Chad and Return of American Dad!
The CW Creates Super Tuesday Event on Feb. 23; More Than Miyagi: The Pat Morita Story Arrives Feb. 5
Saved by the Bell Renewed for Season 2 on Peacock; The Muppet Show Coming to Disney+ in February
TheGrio.TV Launches with 2 Sitcoms; 26th Annual Critics Choice Awards Nominations

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September-January)

Young Sheldon - The Complete Third Season Mom - The Complete Seventh Season The Flintstones - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Second Season The Office - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

09/01 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Season 14
09/01 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete Second Season
09/01 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
09/15 - Mom - The Complete Seventh Season
09/15 - South Side - Season 1
09/22 - Brockmire - The Complete Second Season
09/22 - Brockmire - The Complete Third Season
09/22 - Brockmire - The Complete Fourth Season
09/22 - Man with a Plan - Season Three
09/29 - The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
10/13 - The Jetsons - The Complete Series (Diamond Collection)
10/13 - Our Cartoon President - Season Two
10/23 - Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em - The Complete Collection
10/27 - The Flintstones - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
10/27 - Head of the Class - The Complete Second Season (WBShop.com)
11/10 - Letterkenny - Seasons 5 & 6
11/10 - The Office - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/10 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Collection
11/17 - Carol's Second Act - The Complete Series
11/17 - Robbie - Season 1
11/24 - Corporate - Season 1
11/26 - Man with a Plan - Season Four
12/01 - The Neighborhood - Season Two
12/15 - Avenue 5 - The Complete First Season

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-26-2020, 03:58 PM   #1
LaBestia
The Mandalorian's Lady

Default What did you think of the 2020 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

I got to see parts of this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on Youtube and I think that they should've made this year's parade a Youtube exclusive to give the parade big ratings for this year. I was impressed by the floats and the balloons but the commercial balloons and floats are always a favorite of mine. I was shocked at how The Rockettes were dressed as toy soldiers and they should've had them dress as elves or snow princesses rather than toy soldiers and that would've been better. Second why did they choose to have a virtual version of "as I like to refer to him " Silent Santa? and they should've used the Santa clip from last year to mark his debut because you cannot end the parade properly without Santa Claus's arrival. Other than those things I think Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade will go downhill and this is just the start of it
Bestie
Old 11-27-2020, 11:50 AM   #2
AMackII
Forum Veteran

It was good, I did hear the 1st half of it
AMackII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 04:04 PM   #3
DadTheKing

Hi, Bestie! I did not watch the parade. I sa the first part and it made me sad and ashamed to be an American. I saw a parade through a ghost town. I saw a bunch of people wearing masks even though there was nobody near them and they were outside. It made me sick. We need to put away the motto : "Land of the free and the home of the brave" and replace it with : "Land of the scared and home of the surrender monkey's" But that is just my opinion
Attached Images

DadTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 04:23 PM   #4
TVLegend
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadTheKing View Post
Hi, Bestie! I did not watch the parade. I sa the first part and it made me sad and ashamed to be an American. I saw a parade through a ghost town. I saw a bunch of people wearing masks even though there was nobody near them and they were outside. It made me sick. We need to put away the motto : "Land of the free and the home of the brave" and replace it with : "Land of the scared and home of the surrender monkey's" But that is just my opinion
There is a virus going on. A bunch of people ARE wearing masks. Everything is not like it was pre-virus. And why would a little parade make you feel sad and ashamed to be an American?
TVLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 05:55 PM   #5
mets82

I actually watched a Jackass Marathon on IFC. I did watch a little of the parade during commercial breaks. I couldn't tell you who the performers were which is why I didn't like it. The only person I heard of was Patti LaBelle.

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
mets82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:20 PM   #6
Greenbeans
Frequent Poster

I watched some of it - I thought it was okay. They did the best they could with the restrictions.
Greenbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:26 PM   #7
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbeans View Post
I watched some of it - I thought it was okay. They did the best they could with the restrictions.
I agree ! I didn't watch it but I switched on that channel to watch the Dog show that was coming on next ! Caught the very tail end when Santa came !

But yeah, we have to stay safe! This virus is terrible and only getting worse. The parade had to abide by the restrictions and I'm sure they did the best they could!
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:44 PM   #8
DadTheKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVLegend View Post
There is a virus going on. A bunch of people ARE wearing masks. Everything is not like it was pre-virus. And why would a little parade make you feel sad and ashamed to be an American?
If you get Corona, you have a 99.6% chance of survival. The average age of people who die fRom it is 73 years old with one foot in the grave. Does that make you want to scare people, close the whole country and ruin livelihoods? This parade was just the icing on the cake for me. We have become a bunch of scaredy cats. EVEN SANTA CLAUS WORE A MASK! A MAGICAL ELF WORE A MASK WHILE PARADING THROUGH AN EMPTY CITY!
Old 11-27-2020, 08:17 PM   #9
TVLegend
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadTheKing View Post
If you get Corona, you have a 99.6% chance of survival. The average age of people who die fRom it is 73 years old with one foot in the grave. Does that make you want to scare people, close the whole country and ruin livelihoods? This parade was just the icing on the cake for me. We have become a bunch of scaredy cats. EVEN SANTA CLAUS WORE A MASK! A MAGICAL ELF WORE A MASK WHILE PARADING THROUGH AN EMPTY CITY!
So you want everyone to express their ďlivelihoodsĒ by exposing themselves to a virus that an average of 918 people and so have died from per day during a pandemic, being so close to each other that they can feel their every BODY MOVEMENT. Causeí it sounds like thatís what you want. Itís not being ďscaredy catsĒ itís being cautious and social distancing like youíre supposed to do. You can only do so much with this virus going on so you canít expect the best. Itís just a little parade anyways so itís nothing to get THIS worked up over. Hell, Iím even surprised they accomplished what they did.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:43 PM   #10
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVLegend View Post
So you want everyone to express their ďlivelihoodsĒ by exposing themselves to a virus that an average of 918 people and so have died from per day during a pandemic, being so close to each other that they can feel their every BODY MOVEMENT. Causeí it sounds like thatís what you want. Itís not being ďscaredy catsĒ itís being cautious and social distancing like youíre supposed to do. You can only do so much with this virus going on so you canít expect the best. Itís just a little parade anyways so itís nothing to get THIS worked up over. Hell, Iím even surprised they accomplished what they did.
I agree ! I would have opted for / thought it would be cool if instead of doing what they did/ the show must go on if they had shown a rerun of a very memorable old parade from say when the Macy's parade was first televised! How cool would that be? I'd love to see an old nostalgic Macy's Thanksgiving parade !
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:53 PM   #11
TVLegend
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl View Post
I agree ! I would have opted for / thought it would be cool if instead of doing what they did/ the show must go on if they had shown a rerun of a very memorable old parade from say when the Macy's parade was first televised! How cool would that be? I'd love to see an old nostalgic Macy's Thanksgiving parade !
Yes, it would be cool to see an old nostalgic Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade. It would definitely be worth watching. But DadTheKing is getting too riled and hysterical over a little parade. He has to understand that there is a not only a virus but a PANDEMIC going on and you can only do so much without expose yourself and catching the virus. What even can you or what are you supposed to expect with a parade during the pandemic? Like I said, everything’s not like it was before.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:12 PM   #12
DadTheKing

Sorry, I am not "riled" over a little parade. I am riled over watching an entire country allowing itself to be forced to hide like cowards from something that is not worth destroying our country to keep from getting. We need to hide the vulnerable, not the healthy. We should be celebrating our holidays, not cowering from something that might give us a runny nose. How important is Thanksgiving and Christmas to you?
Old 11-30-2020, 07:46 AM   #13
Heenan Fan

I stopped watching 3 years ago. Waaaaaaaay too many 14 year olds - pop "bands" singing disposable horrible pop music. No thanks.
Heenan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 09:02 AM   #14
Coffeecup
coffeecup.

The town I live in as weekly updates of the virus. We have 132 cases. 14 were new yesterday and out the 14, 1 person was over 65. 1 was under 20 .The rest were between ages 20+65. And we have had about about 10 deaths. As for the parade, I hadn't seen it in a while but enjoyed what they had. The organizers could have skipped the whole thing. I do agree as I age I do see more pop bands as the last poster mentioned singing songs I don't understand.
Coffeecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 02:18 PM   #15
MRPITT

I watched some of it not that bad all things considered. Doesn’t make me ashamed to be an American, that is ��. If American is not to your liking perhaps another Country would suit you better maybe Russia.
MRPITT is offline   Reply With Quote