Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock
CNN's History of the Sitcom Premieres July 11; Miracle Workers Returns to TBS for 3rd Season This Summer

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-01-2021, 02:25 PM   #1
Fallon97
Forum Regular

Default Name a show where the first season is your least favorite season.

Shows where the first season is actually your least favorite season?

Here are mine:

One Day At A Time
Happy Days
The Brady Bunch
Mannix
The Facts Of Life
I Dream Of Jeannie

What are yours?

Last edited by Fallon97; 05-02-2021 at 08:38 PM.
Fallon97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 04:45 PM   #2
TSMIV
Forum Regular

The first season of JAG was totally different than the rest because it changed networks between season 1 & 2. That being said, season 1 had some good episodes and season 10 was pretty lousy so I'm not sure season 1 would be my least favorite or not; but it's close.
TSMIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 12:17 PM   #3
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Veteran

Brady Bunch--me, too

Everybody Loves Raymond
stevea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 12:40 PM   #4
retroTVfan4ever
PAS/IHE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallon97 View Post
Shows where the first season is actually your least favorite season?

Here are mine:

One Day At A Time
Happy Days
The Brady Bunch
Mannix
The Facts Of Life
I Dream Of Jeannie
I don't watch Happy Days or The Facts Of Life so I can't comment about those shows.

I agree about Mannix, the 1st season is also my least favorite.

I like the 1st seasons of I Dream Of Jeannie, The Brady Bunch, and One Day At A Time, nothing wrong with those in my opinion. In fact, season 1 of I Dream Of Jeannie is my favorite season. Starting with season 2 when the show made the switch to color, the episodes got progressively sillier and more nonsensical as time went along.

I like The Joey Bishop Show but the 1st season of that series is my least favorite.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 05:41 PM   #5
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever View Post
...season 1 of I Dream Of Jeannie is my favorite season. Starting with season 2 when the show made the switch to color, the episodes got progressively sillier and more nonsensical as time went along...
The same thing happened with Bewitched.

With Jeannie I particularly disliked her alter-ego sister, and that silly dog that ate uniforms.
stevea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 10:28 PM   #6
retroTVfan4ever
PAS/IHE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea View Post
The same thing happened with Bewitched.

With Jeannie I particularly disliked her alter-ego sister, and that silly dog that ate uniforms.
Agreed, Bewitched also got a little sillier after it switched to color but I think it's worse with Jeannie. By the 4th and 5th seasons, many episodes of Jeannie are silly like a live action cartoon whereas Bewitched didn't quite lower to that level.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 10:39 PM   #7
icecream
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

Benson. While season 1 is still a quality show, Taylor was a real dullard compared to Clayton. Rene Auberjonois is a wonderful actor being able to play two completely different roles perfectly on Benson and as Odo on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
icecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 10:59 PM   #8
favoriteshow
Forum Regular

King of Queens. It didn't really pick up until Season 3.

I suppose I could include shows like Saved by the Bell, Facts of Life or A Different World, but in those cases, the show was retooled significantly by its second season, that the first season is almost an entirely different show from the other seasons.
favoriteshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:45 AM   #9
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Legend

Newhart
Bonniegirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:20 AM   #10
Lorimar Television

Full House
The Office
Old 05-03-2021, 02:04 AM   #11
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

I agree about IDOJ. The first season was fun to watch, but when they went to color, it got too silly and "slap-sticky" at times: When I was growing up, I used to like all the episodes but I watch the color ones now and I say to myself: "I used to like THIS???"

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
treky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:52 AM   #12
Christopher
Forum Veteran

Melrose Place - this show was awful its first season. It wasn't until season 2 when Michael changed into a sneaky jerk, the addition of Sydney, and the change in Kimberly's character making her a psycho that it became the hit it was.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Season 1 isn't bad, but it's not like the rest of the show is. Season 2 really jump started the show into the cult hit it still is.

Dark Shadows - That first year was really hard to stick with. Thank God they added the supernatural element because the show works better that way.

Maude - Season 1 isn't bad, but I don't find it as good as seasons 2 - 6.

The Facts of Life - I don't know if season 1 is my least favorite from the show. I switch from time to time. When I watch season 9 and see the girls be cruel to Pippa, I think it's the worst the show is. However, I watch season 1 and see Molly Ringwald on my screen and just cringe. That woman is an awful actress and her stuck up attitude makes it hard to even like her. I don't care if she is an 80s icon. She's an awful actress IMO. If Molly wasn't in season 1 of The Facts of Life, I might have enjoyed that year.

Doctor Who revival - To me, the revival really began when David Tennant took the role in season 2.
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:14 AM   #13
icecream
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
The Facts of Life - I don't know if season 1 is my least favorite from the show. I switch from time to time. When I watch season 9 and see the girls be cruel to Pippa, I think it's the worst the show is. However, I watch season 1 and see Molly Ringwald on my screen and just cringe. That woman is an awful actress and her stuck up attitude makes it hard to even like her. I don't care if she is an 80s icon. She's an awful actress IMO. If Molly wasn't in season 1 of The Facts of Life, I might have enjoyed that year.
I don't like Molly either. But season 1 is still worth watching despite her because of Sue Ann. That is the worst part of the retooling, Sue Ann except for a handful of guest appearances never stars on FOL again.
Old 05-03-2021, 10:16 AM   #14
icecream
Forum Veteran

This only applies to the first half of season 1. Mad About You started out a lot weaker with useless Selby as Paul's best friend. Ira replacing Selby was a huge upgrade.
Old 05-03-2021, 11:00 AM   #15
Christopher
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule View Post
I don't like Molly either. But season 1 is still worth watching despite her because of Sue Ann. That is the worst part of the retooling, Sue Ann except for a handful of guest appearances never stars on FOL again.
I don't understand why Sue Ann has so many fans. She was so annoying and jealous of everyone all the time. She was jealous when Nancy had a higher IQ, she was jealous when she thought Cindy beat her time in track, she was jealous of how others look so she goes on a crash diet, and when she comes back in The Little Chill she lies to people she considers "friends" making them jealous of her when really she's nothing but a gofer at her job and not a vice president like she makes them believe. She's too full of herself and never acts like a friend to the other girls. I'm glad she was written out because I don't think I would have enjoyed the show with her arrogance. The only first season girl that should have stuck around was Cindy since she had the most character development in the reunion episode years later.
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote