Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Chit Chat - Main Board / Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Politics

The owners of this site do not approve nor endorse any of the links in this forum.

PM TJ if you want your access blocked/unblocked to the Politics forum.

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Politics - COVID-19

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock
CNN's History of the Sitcom Premieres July 11; Miracle Workers Returns to TBS for 3rd Season This Summer

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-01-2021, 04:09 AM   #1
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

Default How do they manage to film TV shows with no social distancing and no mask wearing?

how do they manage to film TV shows with no social distancing and noone wearing masks?

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
treky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:32 AM   #2
tvfan25
Forum Regular

Or soap opera love scenes!
tvfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 11:04 AM   #3
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Forum Veteran

Can we get the thread title changed?
RetroGuy2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 12:31 PM   #4
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Veteran

The OP can change it, or the moderators of this board (TJ or Pavan) can. It's really better for the OP to do the edit.

It ought to be changed to reflect the subject.
stevea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 01:40 PM   #5
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

I’d say the basic answer is frequent testing, vaccination, and masks and distancing when the cameras aren’t rolling.
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 04:48 PM   #6
TSMIV
Forum Regular

Quote:
I’d say the basic answer is frequent testing, vaccination, and masks and distancing when the cameras aren’t rolling.
Yes, but lots of work environments have been business as usual in spite of Covid. It can be done.
TSMIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 03:48 PM   #7
Coffeecup
coffeecup.

I wonder that too. Has any actor gotten sick.? If that is all you have to do, wear masks, social distance, get tested every so often, what are getting a vaccine for?
Coffeecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:41 AM   #8
RetroGuy2000
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeecup View Post
I wonder that too. Has any actor gotten sick.?
Yes, many actors have gotten sick, including Robert Pattinson and Tom Hanks (their illnesses shut down their respective sets). Cloris Leachman died from coronavirus complications, as did Dawn Wells and many others.

Quote:
If that is all you have to do, wear masks, social distance, get tested every so often, what are getting a vaccine for?
We're getting a vaccine because we can't permanently socially distance and wear masks. These are temporary solutions and were never meant to last forever.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:34 AM   #9
Old School
Forum Regular

Default Who Do You Really Trust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
Yes, many actors have gotten sick, including Robert Pattinson and Tom Hanks (their illnesses shut down their respective sets). Cloris Leachman died from coronavirus complications, as did Dawn Wells and many others.

We're getting a vaccine because we can't permanently socially distance and wear masks. These are temporary solutions and were never meant to last forever.
Can't blindly believe actors/tresses...they could be playing a role it all for an agenda. Gotta have entertainment (tv, movies, sports, etc) in order to keep the masses pacified and distracted. Celebrity, the newest drug in America- gotta habit?

International flights have been mostly ongoing during this global COVID pandemic but local restaurants (and other small businesses) are mostly being closed down. How much different is restaurant traffic than a grocery store's traffic? How about the governments shut down all international travel and leave local businesses open?

Old 05-06-2021, 12:16 PM   #10
RetroGuy2000
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
Can't blindly believe actors/tresses...they could be playing a role it all for an agenda.
Do you believe Cloris Leachman, Dawn Wells, and others faked their own covid deaths?

Quote:
International flights have been mostly ongoing during this global COVID pandemic but local restaurants (and other small businesses) are mostly being closed down. How much different is restaurant traffic than a grocery store's traffic?
A grocery store is essential; a restaurant is not. Here restaurants have been allowed to stay open if people wear masks until seated.
Old 05-06-2021, 01:24 PM   #11
Old School
Forum Regular

Default Who Do You Really Trust?

Quote:
Do you believe Cloris Leachman, Dawn Wells, and others faked their own covid deaths?

A grocery store is essential; a restaurant is not. Here restaurants have been allowed to stay open if people wear masks until seated.
We don't truly know if they died from other health ailments and COVID was used as the scapegoat. Do you believe that Tom Hanks had really COVID? The Rock? Chris Cuomo? Idris Elba?

Is international travel essential during a global pandemic? Cruise ships have been shut down for the most part... A restaurant is essential to the restaurant owners. Many restaurants have gone out of business. A person can pick up COVID from shopping for groceries as easily as going to a restaurant.

Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 02:48 PM   #12
RetroGuy2000
Forum Veteran

Quote:
We don't truly know if they died from other health ailments and COVID was used as the scapegoat.
Why would their loved ones lie?

Quote:
Do you believe that Tom Hanks had really COVID? The Rock? Chris Cuomo? Idris Elba?
I have no reason to doubt people who have stated they had Covid did have it, just as I would generally believe someone who said s/he had cancer. Imagine the ridiculousness of stating "Fran Drescher and Shannen Doherty never had cancer! It's all part of an agenda!"

Quote:
Is international travel essential during a global pandemic?
Likely yes, in many cases. International surgeons, diplomats and their families, truck drivers, rail workers, etc, still need to travel across borders. Otherwise people won't get their Amazon deliveries.

Quote:
A restaurant is essential to the restaurant owners.
But not to the general public.

Quote:
A person can pick up COVID from shopping for groceries as easily as going to a restaurant.
Not really: in the case of a grocery store, the person never has to remove his/her mask. This is not possible when dining at a restaurant.
Old 05-06-2021, 03:30 PM   #13
Merry24
Forum Regular

Yes. I work in a restaurant and we closed March 18, 2020 thru May 15, Friday 2020 and I was in total shock that we opened WAY sooner than I thought. I thought With having to wear masks inside we werenít going to open anytime soon but I was wrong. We have been extremely busy ever since.

I donít know about Actors/actresses who donít wear masks and not social distance during Sceens. I heard that some actors/actresses had there significant other as a stand in and the camera made it look like the talent was closer together when they really werenít.

On the flipside how did WWE continue with there Weekly programming without social distancing and a mask??
Merry24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 12:56 AM   #14
Old School
Forum Regular

Default Common Sense Is Not That Common...

Quote:
Why would their loved ones lie?

I have no reason to doubt people who have stated they had Covid did have it, just as I would generally believe someone who said s/he had cancer. Imagine the ridiculousness of stating "Fran Drescher and Shannen Doherty never had cancer! It's all part of an agenda!"

Likely yes, in many cases. International surgeons, diplomats and their families, truck drivers, rail workers, etc, still need to travel across borders. Otherwise people won't get their Amazon deliveries.

But not to the general public.

Not really: in the case of a grocery store, the person never has to remove his/her mask. This is not possible when dining at a restaurant.
Maybe they are not lying and just are repeating what they were told...ever think of that, buddy?

That's great that you have no reason to doubt them. I, on the other hand, tend to question everything and accept nothing at face value. And trying to spin COVID off into a declaration of cancer is really off topic...stay on topic and stop trying to misdirect the conversation. This is about COVID not cancer- recognize game.

Likely, in many cases, not. During a so called global pandemic all international travel should be discontinued in order to help stop the spread of the virus across national borders. Amazon deliveries, gotta have Amazon deliveries, huh?

That's your opinion...restaurants play a vital role in the overall health of local economics. And this is a capitalistic based society. Money first.

At restaurants they can cease in location dining and do just pick up and/or delivery service. So the masks never have to come off. Ever think of that, friend?

The world is a stage full of actors playing a role. Critical thinking is a must...question everything.

Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 02:10 AM   #15
RetroGuy2000
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Maybe they are not lying and just are repeating what they were told...ever think of that, buddy?
Yeah, I thought of it and it sounds pretty silly. Cloris Leachman died in Encinitas, California, near San Diego; Dawn Wells died in Los Angeles; Charley Pride died in Dallas; Herman Cain died in Atlanta; Roy (of Siegfried and Roy) died in Las Vegas; Ellis Marsalis died in New Orleans; Joe Diffie died in Nashville. The idea that all those coroners, across the US, are lying, just makes no sense.

Quote:
And trying to spin COVID off into a declaration of cancer is really off topic...stay on topic and stop trying to misdirect the conversation. This is about COVID not cancer- recognize game.
I'm saying if anyone doubted a celebrity had cancer, it would sound preposterous.

Quote:
Likely, in many cases, not. During a so called global pandemic all international travel should be discontinued in order to help stop the spread of the virus across national borders. Amazon deliveries, gotta have Amazon deliveries, huh?
Amazon deliveries include medication, food products, and things quarantined people otherwise can't get.

Quote:
That's your opinion...restaurants play a vital role in the overall health of local economics. And this is a capitalistic based society. Money first.
Money first, over people's health? No way.

Quote:
At restaurants they can cease in location dining and do just pick up and/or delivery service. So the masks never have to come off. Ever think of that, friend?
I not only have thought of it, I've used their services, when it was legal in my state, and judged safe.