Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 21, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-11-2020, 05:32 PM   #31
MA
Forum Idol

ABC Announces Early 2021 Unscripted Premiere Dates

https://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2020/...s-for.html?m=1
Old 11-19-2020, 11:27 PM   #32
TMC
Forum Junkie

ABC announces midseason premiere dates for The Rookie, Black-ish, Call Your Mother and more

The Rookie Season 3 premieres Jan. 3, Black-ish will move from Wednesdays back to Tuesdays starting Jan. 26 and Kyra Sedgwick's Call Your Mother will premiere after The Conners on Jan. 13. ABC also announced a March 4 midseason premiere date for Thursday dramas Station 19, Grey’s Anatomy and Million Little Things.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 07:45 AM   #33
MA
Forum Idol

50 Cent, Mary J. Blige to Produce Musical Comedy Series With Put Pilot Order at ABC

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/50-...bc-1234836090/
MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:01 PM   #34
MA
Forum Idol

ABC Announces Midseason 2021 Scripted Premieres

https://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2020/...ipted.html?m=1
Old 11-26-2020, 08:06 PM   #35
James28
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule View Post
While Tuesdays at 10:00 did not do shows like Emergence and Kevin (Probably) Saves the World any favors, the difference with Big Sky is it will have a strong Bachelorette lead-in vs. a low rated comedy, so Big Sky has a better chance of success. The Bachelorette is also a stronger lead-in than past its prime Dancing with the Stars, which is the lead-in Big Sky would have if it aired on Mondays.
Now that the ratings for Big Sky are in and ABC's midseason schedule has been unveiled, has your perception changed on Big Sky? I would still like to see The Good Doctor end up on Tuesdays-at-10 before season 5 ends (meaning Good Doctor and Big Sky will have to switch nights), and I refused to watch Big Sky for that reason, no matter how heavily promoted it's been. Big Sky's Live+SD ratings aren't any better than The Good Doctor's, and I told you that The Bachelorette lead-in may not last, meaning yet another potential one-season failure on that slot. Is Big Sky realistically going to be a long-running series so Tuesdays-at-10 will stop being such a problem slot for ABC Network?

"Stay Safe"? More like "Stay Sad".

#2020Hurts
James28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 08:13 PM   #36
MA
Forum Idol

ABC Announces ‘Mixed-ish,’ ‘Call Your Mother’ Premiere Dates

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/abc...65-1234836165/
Old 12-07-2020, 05:25 PM   #37
icecream
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Fanatic

Big Sky has been extended by six episodes. Since the initial order was just for 10, total for season one of Big Sky is 16 episodes.
icecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 05:37 PM   #38
icecream
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by James28 View Post
Now that the ratings for Big Sky are in and ABC's midseason schedule has been unveiled, has your perception changed on Big Sky? I would still like to see The Good Doctor end up on Tuesdays-at-10 before season 5 ends (meaning Good Doctor and Big Sky will have to switch nights), and I refused to watch Big Sky for that reason, no matter how heavily promoted it's been. Big Sky's Live+SD ratings aren't any better than The Good Doctor's, and I told you that The Bachelorette lead-in may not last, meaning yet another potential one-season failure on that slot. Is Big Sky realistically going to be a long-running series so Tuesdays-at-10 will stop being such a problem slot for ABC Network?
Big Sky has done something unusual for a freshman show: episodes 2 and 3 had full retention from its 0.7 series premiere. Usually shows drop after the premiere, so that shows it has a loyal audience so far. The Good Doctor is an aging show that awful writing has destroyed, it does not deserve a good lead-in. First two seasons were really good, season 3 was already a lot worse. The horrible decision of killing off Dr. Melendez in the season finale has made it even worse this year, plus I hated the 2 parter opening season 4. I like how Big Sky has basically ignored this year's events and been escapist entertainment. The Good Doctor needs put out of its misery, will probably be renewed for season 5 but that should be the final season.
Old 12-10-2020, 12:26 PM   #39
James28
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule View Post
Big Sky has done something unusual for a freshman show: episodes 2 and 3 had full retention from its 0.7 series premiere. Usually shows drop after the premiere, so that shows it has a loyal audience so far. The Good Doctor is an aging show that awful writing has destroyed, it does not deserve a good lead-in. First two seasons were really good, season 3 was already a lot worse. The horrible decision of killing off Dr. Melendez in the season finale has made it even worse this year, plus I hated the 2 parter opening season 4. I like how Big Sky has basically ignored this year's events and been escapist entertainment. The Good Doctor needs put out of its misery, will probably be renewed for season 5 but that should be the final season.
I'm still watching the current season of The Good Doctor on the ABC website, and I have to admit, its viewership has taken a fair hit this year because of the COVID storyline it's doing, and the belief that scripted shows are supposed to be an escape from reality (that's gotten more difficult due to COVID safety measures increasing production costs, resulting in season orders being shortened). And, no, season 5 can't be the final season for The Good Doctor; I want to see it reach 100 episodes first. It's more difficult for a show with 18 episodes a season to reach such a milestone than for those working 22-episode "full" seasons, and 100 episodes will require TGD to get a sixth-season renewal. And maybe its ratings will recover once its COVID storyline ends. Out fight regarding an end-date for The Goldbergs and Black-Ish earlier this year got so nasty, I'm just afraid to get into a similar dispute right now. Also, Good Doctor's Live+7 ratings are higher than those for Big Sky at this moment (So far, only the L+7 ratings for BS's first episode have been recorded, by Deadline).
James28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 05:32 PM   #40
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James28 View Post
I'm still watching the current season of The Good Doctor on the ABC website, and I have to admit, its viewership has taken a fair hit this year because of the COVID storyline it's doing,
It was only the two-part opener that dealt directly with COVID. The rest of the season is taking place post-pandemic.

Other medical shows, like "Grey's Anatomy" on ABC for example, is dealing with COVID throughout the season.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:34 AM   #41
MA
Forum Idol

Topher Grace Returning to TV for New ABC Sitcom 'Home Economics'

https://popculture.com/tv-shows/news...ome-economics/

ABC announces “Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve” hosts

https://www.wbay.com/2020/12/08/abc-...ars-eve-hosts/
Old 01-25-2021, 10:40 PM   #42
TMC
Forum Junkie

ABC sets midseason premiere dates: Grey's Anatomy, Station 19 and A Million Little Things delayed by one week

The three Thursday dramas will return on March 11 instead of March 4 due to coronavirus production delays. ABC has also set April 8 for the premiere of Katey Sagal's Rebel, which will take over A Million Little Things' timeslot. A Million Little Things will return to its old Wednesday at 10 pm timeslot after For Life's Season 2 concludes.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:10 PM   #43
MA
Forum Idol

ABC Midseason - Spring 2021 Schedule

https://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2021/...edule-nbc.html
Old 01-26-2021, 11:38 PM   #44
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

This should have been the schedule this year:

Mon
DWTS / Good Doctor (Fall)
Bachelor / Big Sky (Winter)
Idol / Good Doctor (Spring)

Tues
Bachelorette/Big Sky (Fall)
To Tell the Truth/Pyramid/The Hustler (Winter)
Pooch Perfect/blackish 2x/For Life (Spring)

Wed
Goldbergs/AH/Conners/blackish/Million Little Things (Fall)
Goldbergs/AH/Conners/Call Your Mother/Million Little Things (Winter)
Goldbergs/Home Ec/Conners/mixedish/Card Sharks (Spring)

Thurs
Station/Greys/For Life (Fall)
Celeb Wheel/Chase/Millionaire (Winter)
Station/Greys/Rebel (Spring)

Fri
Shark Tank/2020

Sat
College Football (Fall)
NBA (Midseason)

Sun
AFV/Sweep/Millionaire/Card Sharks (Fall)
AFV/Movie/Rookie (Jan)
AFV/Idol/Rookie (Feb-May)
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 01:52 PM   #45
icecream
Forum Fanatic

Big Sky has proven it has a loyal audience even with losing the strong Bachelorette lead-in. Not only was Big Sky ABC's highest rated show last night, it was the highest rated broadcast show overall.