Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

MeTV Summer 2021 Schedule, Monk Joins Lineup; HBO Max Sets Cast for Period Comedy
New Chip 'n' Dale Series Premieres July 28 on Disney+; Cruel Summer Returning for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 21, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-04-2020, 11:16 AM   #31
James28
Forum 3K Club Member

And the lead-out program for Super Bowl 53 will be... not The Neighborhood for a potential bolstering of CBS's comedy division... but that The Equalizer reboot starring Queen Latifah.

Very disappointing choice for that slot because I had been expecting CBS to finally land a sitcom on that post-Super Bowl slot after all they've had there are procedural dramas and reality shows. The probably chose that Equalizer reboot instead because the ratings for this season's Super Bowl aren't going to be as high because of the ongoing COVID nightmare-virus pandemic. I guess the broadcast networks have clearly not learned from the 24: Legacy and The World's Best fiascos. This means CBS is essentially screwing-over yet another owned sitcom, and because of this, I just don't like CBS anymore.

https://tvline.com/2020/12/03/super-...izer-premiere/

"Stay Safe"? More like "Stay Sad".

#2020Hurts
James28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 10:22 AM   #32
icecream
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Fanatic

Also in news I had missed: FBI will air a new episode after the AFC championship game.
icecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:35 AM   #33
MA
Forum Idol

Tough As Nails: Season Two to Replace Survivor on CBS Spring 2021 Schedule

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/t...2021-schedule/
Old 12-20-2020, 06:28 PM   #34
cnnbcbs
Frequent Poster

No surprise, CBS doesn't put sitcoms after the Super Bowl. That's more NBC's style. CBS is always gonna give favored treatment to procedurals and reality.
cnnbcbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 08:04 AM   #35
MA
Forum Idol

NCIS: Los Angeles’ Eric Christian Olsen Is Bringing Two New Shows To CBS

https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...w-shows-to-cbs
MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 06:56 PM   #36
James28
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnbcbs View Post
No surprise, CBS doesn't put sitcoms after the Super Bowl. That's more NBC's style. CBS is always gonna give favored treatment to procedurals and reality.
One perfect reason not to support CBS anymore. I am NOT giving up hope on CBS airing a comedy (preferably an owned one) after the Super Bowl at some point in the future. It'll be a breath of fresh air, because procedurals and reality shows are just boring. Besides, NBC hasn't aired a sitcom after the Super Bowl since 2009 (the U.S. version of The Office).

Why should I not be upset about the bad choices made by CBS regarding that timeslot? What you're stating implies that CBS is going to keep on burying their post-The Big Bang Theory comedy division, and at this point, it's just inexcusable.

It'll depend on whether CBS stays on the Super Bowl rotation after 2022. I understand that sitcoms' audiences have been declining since The Big Bang Theory ended, but that is NOT an excuse not to slot a comedy after the Super Bowl. Current broadcast sitcoms being creatively bad might be one, but still. After this year, their comedy division will just get so weak that CBS won't have a choice. It may be too late for The Neighborhood that next time around, however.

The bottom line is, I want a CBS sitcom to air after the Super Bowl. Bad. Very bad.

Last edited by James28; 12-22-2020 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-28-2020, 12:32 PM   #37
cnnbcbs
Frequent Poster

Comedy is not a priority for CBS, drama and reality will always be favored. Their base audience likes dramas and cbs plays it safe in that regard.

The only thing that MIGHT change is the new leadership of ViacomCBS. They MAY have different ideas.
Old 12-28-2020, 03:48 PM   #38
icecream
Forum Fanatic

Comedies can be popular with the CBS audience if they choose the right ones. The Big Bang Theory was very dominant for awhile, more so than the dramas. At its peak, even the TBBT reruns on CBS did well.
Old 12-28-2020, 08:57 PM   #39
cnnbcbs
Frequent Poster

Agreed, but CBS likes dramas better. TBBT was CBS's 'Friends'.
Old 12-28-2020, 11:36 PM   #40
James28
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnbcbs View Post
Comedy is not a priority for CBS, drama and reality will always be favored. Their base audience likes dramas and cbs plays it safe in that regard.

The only thing that MIGHT change is the new leadership of ViacomCBS. They MAY have different ideas.
I don't care what CBS's base audience likes, CBS is going to have to put a sitcom after the Super Bowl eventually, because in the coming years, the viewership for their comedy division could dwindle until it's more like NBC's comedies right now. If this doesn't happen, then I will never watch another Super Bowl lead out program again. Somebody needs to ask TJ and see what he thinks about this?

I really wish you wouldn't deadlock me in a back-and-forth argument, and I will not be forced to repeat the same thing over and over.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:03 AM   #41
icecream
Forum Fanatic

One thing that is potentially different about this year: with all the regular season games that have been postponed because of positive covid tests from players, the Super Bowl is not a guarantee to air on the Sunday it is scheduled. If a postponement to Tuesday happens like some Sunday games have, whatever leadout was scheduled wouldn't matter as the affiliates won't want to give up more of their weekday schedules.
Old 01-01-2021, 08:19 AM   #42
MA
Forum Idol

CBS Studios delays production for five TV shows in LA amid COVID-19 surge

https://nypost.com/2020/12/31/cbs-st...d-covid-surge/
Old 01-07-2021, 03:56 PM   #43
James28
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule View Post
One thing that is potentially different about this year: with all the regular season games that have been postponed because of positive covid tests from players, the Super Bowl is not a guarantee to air on the Sunday it is scheduled. If a postponement to Tuesday happens like some Sunday games have, whatever leadout was scheduled wouldn't matter as the affiliates won't want to give up more of their weekday schedules.
So, if the Super Bowl ends-up getting postponed to Monday, could The Neighborhood theoretically air after the SB instead, pre-empting the rest of CBS's Monday lineup? I don't see Bob Hearts Abishola being the next top sitcom for the network, or even getting an anchor slot,considering how tight their comedy lineup is. Under that scenario, where does this leave the premiere episode of the 2021 reboot of The Equalizer?
Old 01-12-2021, 02:26 PM   #44
MA
Forum Idol

CBS Ratings For Saints-Bears Get Small Boost From Nickelodeon Viewers

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...YHV?oci_d=iehp
Old 02-17-2021, 10:46 PM   #45
icecream
Forum Fanatic

News from today: The Neighborhood and Bob Hearts Abishola have been renewed. Mom and NCIS: New Orleans are cancelled and will air their series finales in May.