Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 21, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-23-2020, 02:29 AM   #31
Greenbeans
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia View Post
My METV station now has problems with the sound again and it seems that when you watch any METV show the sound is messed up. I don't know how it happened but METV was fine last night and Mom was able to see Mannix and Alfred Hitchcock Presents with no problems last night but when we were gonna see Perry Mason a few minutes ago and now METV's sound is completely dead but no silence like last time. I don't know why METV is doing this but if they keep doing this they will lose their audience that like their channel
Bestie
It's your antenna and reception. It's not on MetV's end. It is a combination of your antenna and your reception (trees, etc.). It's on your end. They just send out a signal. It is up to you if you can receive it.
Greenbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 10:48 AM   #32
visaman666
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl View Post
Sometime last week during In the heat of the night the sound went out!
How hot was it!
visaman666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 12:23 PM   #33
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by visaman666 View Post
How hot was it!

It was SO hot .......................
Bonniegirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 12:29 PM   #34
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbeans View Post
It's your antenna and reception. It's not on MetV's end. It is a combination of your antenna and your reception (trees, etc.). It's on your end. They just send out a signal. It is up to you if you can receive it.

Well not in my case! I don't have an antenna, I have cable ! It could have been Spectrums fault yes, not METV ! But I was having issues around the same time Bestie started this thread, I'm pretty sure she has cable too, we are both in Southern California ! Maybe a regional Spectrum problem affecting certain channels ? And we noticed it on METV being we watch that a lot ?
Old 02-23-2020, 11:30 PM   #35
TVFactFan
Forum Addict

Does Me-TV even air sitcoms that much anymore? Like tonight all I see is dramas
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:26 PM   #36
eng51squad51
Forum Regular

Quote:
Mom and I turned on METV right now and i'm very happy to say that the sound on METV has now been fixed and this morning I got a message from METV saying that they've been aware of the problem and will try to fix it. I think someone at METV read this post and got the problem fixed for us METV watchers
Bestie
No one from MeTV never reads this Messages board. best way to contact metv is through their website metv.com/contact

anytime you don't have sound you should check other TVs and maybe reboot cable box.if on cable.
eng51squad51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 03:52 AM   #37
LaBestia
Jeff Goldblum is my sweetheart
Forum Veteran

I am so tired of METV messing with their sound that we have moved on to CoziTV which we also love because Mom gets to see Colombo even more because the Cozi showings of Colombo are better than METV's showings but I wish another channel carried Perry Mason so Mom could watch it without the sound messing up each day
Bestie
Old 02-25-2020, 12:32 PM   #38
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Addict

Quote:
I am so tired of METV messing with their sound that we have moved on to CoziTV which we also love because Mom gets to see Colombo even more because the Cozi showings of Colombo are better than METV's showings but I wish another channel carried Perry Mason so Mom could watch it without the sound messing up each day
Bestie

FETV shows Perry Mason four times a day , at 1:00 and 2:00 PM and at 5:00 and 6:00 PM Mon- Fri. !!
Old 02-25-2020, 11:51 PM   #39
TVFactFan
Forum Addict

Metv is Dog**** Digital TV
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 03:43 AM   #40
LaBestia
Forum Veteran

Tonight METV has silence again and I don't know when it started but Mom and I cannot see Perry Mason at all tonight. I did check if there's any trees blocking our antenna reception and our house has few trees so the problem isn't the trees blocking our antenna reception but I seem to think that the problem is on METV's end because this is the second time it's happened and the METV stations should investigate where this problem is coming from
Bestie
LaBestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 03:18 AM   #41
LaBestia
Forum Veteran

METV is still silent this week and I don't know how long it's gonna last because Mom has missed Perry Mason Mannix and Alfred Hitchcock Presents a lot. I was gonna call my METV station and ask them what is causing the silence but I didn't get around to it today. Just as I mentioned in my previous post I checked to see if any trees were blocking METV's signal and the only trees I have are two in my backyard but the other trees belong to our neighbors and they aren't touching the TV reception at all. METV BETTER fix this problem for us METV fans
Bestie
Old 03-14-2020, 01:44 AM   #42
LaBestia
Forum Veteran

This afternoon when Mom was watching The Flintstones she discovered that METV's sound has returned and I thank my lucky stars that METV finally fixed their sound. But knock on wood I hope the sound doesn't go out during Perry Mason tonight as it is famous for doing during the night
Bestie
Old 09-22-2020, 04:52 AM   #43
LaBestia
Forum Veteran

When my mom was trying to watch METV during Perry Mason the whole channel went black twice and she missed the ending and Mom moved the antenna around but the problem still occurred but when The Twilight Zone aired the problem was fixed
Is this a problem with METV stations sometimes?
Bestie
Old 09-22-2020, 10:34 AM   #44
thebigcookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan View Post
Metv is Dog**** Digital TV
Exactly! Nothing but the same lame schedule played to death
thebigcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:38 PM   #45
TVFactFan
Forum Addict