Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Chip 'n' Dale Series Premieres July 28 on Disney+; Cruel Summer Returning for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 21, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-03-2020, 03:03 AM   #16
LaBestia
Jeff Goldblum is my sweetheart
Forum Veteran

This is the third day going on fourth tomorrow that METV is still silent and I had Mom try to adjust the speaker settings on my living room TV but even with Mom adjusting the speaker settings on the TV and still METV is silent. Mom even checked my bedroom TV and METV has sound but we found that another is silent too. The worst thing is that the METV station hasn't returned my call and Mom and I plan to call them tomorrow and find out what exactly is happening. The only things that I have connected to the living room TV are the antenna and Mom's Roku device and so i'm wondering if the Roku device could cause some channels including METV to lose sound?
Bestie
Old 01-03-2020, 02:38 PM   #17
Greenbeans
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia View Post
This is the third day going on fourth tomorrow that METV is still silent and I had Mom try to adjust the speaker settings on my living room TV but even with Mom adjusting the speaker settings on the TV and still METV is silent. Mom even checked my bedroom TV and METV has sound but we found that another is silent too. The worst thing is that the METV station hasn't returned my call and Mom and I plan to call them tomorrow and find out what exactly is happening. The only things that I have connected to the living room TV are the antenna and Mom's Roku device and so i'm wondering if the Roku device could cause some channels including METV to lose sound?
Bestie
MeTV is likely not going to return your call because the problem is with your setup and not the network. They aren't set up for that type of troubleshooting. It is likely your antenna or one of your TV's settings. If the other channels on your tv have sound, the problems is with your antenna. Try moving the antenna in different directions. I have an antenna and I frequently get loss of signal/sound. I even got last week's Raven's game with Spanish Commentators. METV and The Roku don't have anything to do with it. It's either your TV settings or the antenna.
Greenbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 03:19 AM   #18
LaBestia
Forum Veteran

Mom and I turned on METV right now and i'm very happy to say that the sound on METV has now been fixed and this morning I got a message from METV saying that they've been aware of the problem and will try to fix it. I think someone at METV read this post and got the problem fixed for us METV watchers
Bestie
LaBestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:32 AM   #19
MA
Forum Idol

Quote:
Mom and I turned on METV right now and i'm very happy to say that the sound on METV has now been fixed and this morning I got a message from METV saying that they've been aware of the problem and will try to fix it. I think someone at METV read this post and got the problem fixed for us METV watchers
Bestie
That's great Bestie. I'm happy that your problem got fixed.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:59 PM   #20
eng51squad51
Forum Regular

The sound issue is coming from your Local station and not the Network

I have no problem with MetV on ny Local METV affialte as i watch MeTV everyday
eng51squad51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 03:22 PM   #21
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Addict

Quote:
Bestie

That is good Bestie! Glad you got the sound back on METV ! I'm in California too, and only had the sound go out once, a week or so ago but ME has been freezing up a lot , not completely where it was unable to watch a show , but freezing up for a minute here and there making it annoying ! No other channel was doing that, so something really was going on weird with METV! Glad it's fixed!
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 06:00 PM   #22
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Celebrity

It's odd that one TV got sound, but I have 2 cable boxes that make the MeTV picture different depending on the box, so who knows? Probably MeTV contacted the local affiliate. Anyway, glad it's fixed!
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:41 AM   #23
LaBestia
Forum Veteran

Now that my METV station got it's sound restored I seem to think that my living room TV needs a stronger antenna. Because ever since METV got their sound fixed my METV station seems to be choppy. If you watch any show namely Perry Mason and Alfred Hitchcock Presents in the middle of the shows the voices sound choppy and then whenever it happens the TV freezes up and Mom and I have to switch channels back and forth and then it's fine until a commercial break and then it starts again. What causes this problem and would a new antenna help?
Bestie
Old 01-09-2020, 05:37 AM   #24
LaBestia
Forum Veteran

I am still having problems with my METV station and it's choppy sound and it's freezing. And Mom and I were trying to watch Perry Mason and The Twilight Zone and during the shows the sound was choppy and froze several times and now that Alfred Hitchcock Presents is on it's even worse. But when Mom watches The Andy Griffith Show Gomer USMC and Green Acres on METV she never has witnessed those shows freezing before. So I guess it's these night shows that METV is having a problem and what I plan to do is call my METV station and find out what causing the choppy sound and freezing
Bestie
Old 01-27-2020, 05:07 AM   #25
LaBestia
Forum Veteran

We got new antennas today and I can say that METV has a better picture but the trouble with the sound is still there and this morning when Mom was watching The Flintstones the sound went out and the screen froze up. I seem to think that the problem with METV is not fully fixed yet and Mom and I plan to complain to our METV station to find out more
Bestie
Old 01-29-2020, 09:19 AM   #26
TeeVeeCloset

having same problems in ny/nj area affliate WJLP/Middletown, nj......provider spectrum cable.

WJLP 3.3 is a new local metro diginet, they have one local weekly series, a talking heads political show "Jersey matters" and recently added a silly one story 30 second nj newsbreak during the first break of the 5:30PM Adam-12.

I know WJLP is starting a 24 hour local separate news channel by years end goal. We have News-12 here, plus NY1, a very low quality local news channel seems like a silly waste of money juncture. But will remind me when local cable companies produced their own hyper-local origination news programs such as Channel 10 News produced for over 25 years in southeast bergen county, NJ by companies Vision Cable/Time Warner Cable.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:09 AM   #27
LaBestia
Forum Veteran

I contacted METV again today because I discovered something that may play a factor in these problems. It seems that METV has some timer in it that is programmed to make a glitch and when I called the METV station I did tell them that I did get a new antenna and they are supposed to call me back tomorrow. The new problem with METV now is that it doesn't seem to come in mainly in the night to midnight. Mom has missed watching episodes of Perry Mason and Alfred Hitchcock Presents and Mannix due to this problem
Bestie
Old 02-21-2020, 03:28 AM   #28
LaBestia
Forum Veteran

My METV station now has problems with the sound again and it seems that when you watch any METV show the sound is messed up. I don't know how it happened but METV was fine last night and Mom was able to see Mannix and Alfred Hitchcock Presents with no problems last night but when we were gonna see Perry Mason a few minutes ago and now METV's sound is completely dead but no silence like last time. I don't know why METV is doing this but if they keep doing this they will lose their audience that like their channel
Bestie
Old 02-22-2020, 01:28 PM   #29
retroTVfan4ever
PAS/IHE
Forum 4K Club Member

These retro channels that run the old shows are all no good for a variety of reasons. They edit and time compress shows so they can run more commercials, the picture size is messed with so people don't get a fullscreen picture, it's all garbage. This is why I say thank goodness for DVD's. DVD's aren't always perfect either, sometimes shows are edited, but in comparison to the retro channels DVD's are so much better.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:25 PM   #30
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Celebrity

Yep, time compression by the channel, and compressing too many channels in a cable feed.

So back in the day we had ghosting and snow with over-the-air TV. Now we have varying problems with compression, digital freezes/jumpy motion, pixilation, lip sync problems. And we have gone from not enough channels to way too many.
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote