Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Chip 'n' Dale Series Premieres July 28 on Disney+; Cruel Summer Returning for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 21, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-20-2013, 02:35 AM   #46
biffbronson
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets82
I'll go with Dallas, Growing Pains, Small Wonder, Charles in Charge and Mama's Family.
I was lucky to be able to buy several seasons of Dallas at Big Lots stores for $5 each in recent years, along with Season 1 of Charles in Charge.

Your tastes seem to be similar to mine -- I remember always looking forward to Mama's Family on Saturday evenings back when it first ran.

"For you are beautiful ~ And I have loved you dearly ~ More dearly than the spoken word can tell..."

"What's the word?" (Paul Martin) ~~ "I don't want money for nothing." (Timmy Martin) -- Lassie ROCKS! WORD UP

"It's just a dugout that my dad built... In case the reds decide to push the button down..."
biffbronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:36 AM   #47
TMC
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
Alice
Cannon
Chico and the Man
The Drew Carey Show
Evening Shade
It's a Living
Jake and the Fatman
Major Dad
Mr. Belvedere
Murphy Brown
Newhart
Small Wonder

Cartoons:
The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Bonkers

Soaps for Soap net to air:
Passions
Sunset Beach
I'm actually not surprised that Murphy Brown among those shows you listed isn't being syndicated a whole lot these days. Even though it was one of the most acclaimed and longest running sitcoms during the late '80s and on through the '90s, it has also aged extremely badly. It's a perfect example of why TV shows shouldn't be heavily typical/political, stuff like that is hard to translate as well long after it's time frame.
TMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:41 AM   #48
treky
star trek fan
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC
I'm surprised that Dallas isn't being syndicated at the moment considering the recent TNT revival. Then again, I would be easy to suspect that prime time soap operas like that have a harder chance of being successful in syndication because of it's highly serialized nature.
yea, I read somewhere back in the 80s that's why they've hardly ever done well in syndication.

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
treky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:47 AM   #49
treky
star trek fan
Forum Fanatic

ROWAN & MARTINS LAUGH-IN

YEARS ago Nick at Nite used to show edited, half hour episodes but as far as I know no one has shown it since then. It's not even on DVD
treky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #50
Coffeecup
coffeecup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC
I'm surprised that Dallas isn't being syndicated at the moment considering the recent TNT revival. Then again, I would be easy to suspect that prime time soap operas like that have a harder chance of being successful in syndication because of it's highly serialized nature.
Yes I read that continuing drama type show don't do as well as self contained episodes. I find it is best to watch the continuing drama shows when first aired.
Coffeecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #51
Mr. Drucker
Frequent Poster

You know just yesterday I was wondering what's happened to the Kristy McNichol series "Empty Nest" with Richard Mulligan and "Family" which earned her an Emmy award.I just saw James Borderick,her "Family" dad as a detective in the classic action flick "Dog Day Afternoon".
Mr. Drucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #52
biffbronson
Forum 4K Club Member

I was a faithful viewer of Empty Nest. That would be a good choice for people today, it was pretty well written.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #53
tbb033
Occasional Poster

I haven't seen Silver Spoons in ages. I think Nick@Nite had it for a while, but not very long.

I'd also like to see the Drew Carey Show again. Seems that one just sort of vanished a few years after it ended it's original run.
tbb033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #54
irehtman
Forum 4K Club Member

They need to put "Hang Time" series back in syndication because of many probabilities.
irehtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #55
Tubehead
Forum Veteran

Default dvds

Mr. Belvedere IS OUT ON DVD I JUST PICK IT UP AT OIILLIES NEW STORE IT OWNED BY BIG LOTS THEY HAD IT ON SALE ON FIRST AND SECOND SEAON WAS 10 BUCKS AND SEAON THREE SEVEN BUCKS NIGHT COURT IS ALSO OUT ON DV D TOO MAMMAS FAMILY COMING OUT SEPTMBER 10 ON DVD THE COMPLETE SEIERS AND THE FIRST AND SECOND SEASON ALSO THE BEST OF 1ST SEAON AND THE BEST OF SECOND SEAON YOU CAN ALSO BUY THE FIRST AND SECOND SEAONS OF PERCFTER STRANGERS ON DVD

also empty nest was on hall mark channel it only lasted few months I would buy it if it would come out on dvd
Tubehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #56
biffbronson
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
Cannon
Cannon is returning to MeTV this fall. It had been on there previously, most recently in the late-morning / midday timeframe.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:58 AM   #57
TMC
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky
ROWAN & MARTINS LAUGH-IN

YEARS ago Nick at Nite used to show edited, half hour episodes but as far as I know no one has shown it since then. It's not even on DVD
I think a huge part of the problem w/ a show like Laugh-In is its heavily dated nature (it's too much of a product of the 1960s to really translate well today).
TMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:04 AM   #58
visaman666
Forum Regular

Our Miss Brooks was on KVOS pre-METV.
visaman666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:12 AM   #59
visaman666
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookielove
The question/title reads "Classic TV shows that haven't been in syndication in years."

Well, for me, one of those shows is The Cosby show. The Cosby Show was in syndication years ago, but I haven't seen the Cosby Show in years.
It's been on TBS and PeachTree for 20 years, just like Fraser. Please end it!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:20 AM   #60
visaman666
Forum Regular

Our Miss Brooks was on KVOS pre-METV.