Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Current Sitcoms > B Positive

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Dragging the Classics: The Brady Bunch Premieres June 30; HBO Social Satire Series The White Lotus Launches July 11
Hulu's Solar Opposites Renewed for 4th Season; Sundance Now's Motherland Returns July 8
MeTV Summer 2021 Schedule, Monk Joins Lineup; HBO Max Sets Cast for Period Comedy
New Chip 'n' Dale Series Premieres July 28 on Disney+; Cruel Summer Returning for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 21, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-04-2021, 01:31 PM   #1
SitcomsHeydayfan

Default You notice some HUGE inaccuracies on this show??

The main one being sick people DYING of organ failure aren't going to look so healthy!

You can literally tour the entire COUNTRY & I doubt you'd even see more than 1 or 2 women as hot as that blonde on dialysis. Literally 99% of dialysis clinics don't have a woman that hot in there. They also don't have guys as muscular as that black guy with KIDNEY failure! You lose strength with any type of organ failure!

I've been in several dialysis clinics so I know what I'm talking about.
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 02:10 AM   #2
SitcomsHeydayfan

Another HUGE inaccuracy is you CANNOT buy your kidney donor a gift!

That's ILLEGAL!
Old 05-15-2021, 12:03 PM   #3
MRPITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitcomsHeydayfan View Post
The main one being sick people DYING of organ failure aren't going to look so healthy!

You can literally tour the entire COUNTRY & I doubt you'd even see more than 1 or 2 women as hot as that blonde on dialysis. Literally 99% of dialysis clinics don't have a woman that hot in there. They also don't have guys as muscular as that black guy with KIDNEY failure! You lose strength with any type of organ failure!

I've been in several dialysis clinics so I know what I'm talking about.
Not true everyone is different. I have heart failure and you would never know it by looking at me looks can be deceiving. Look up Bob Harper.

Last edited by MRPITT; 05-15-2021 at 02:58 PM.
MRPITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:44 PM   #4
Coffeecup
coffeecup.

I know little about organ failure but I would think you would have to very strict diet. Also I was a little surprised that the dark hair gal who has cancer and is going to Switzerland didn't appear to have any support of her family. I do wonder what will happen next after they hopefully get the operations.
Coffeecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 05:52 PM   #5
icecream
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Another HUGE inaccuracy is you CANNOT buy your kidney donor a gift!

That's ILLEGAL!
There is something really wrong with that law. You should be able to buy your donor a gift, that is none of the government's business.
icecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 03:28 AM   #6
SitcomsHeydayfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule View Post
There is something really wrong with that law. You should be able to buy your donor a gift, that is none of the government's business.
But don't you see a HUGE ethical violation there??

It would be like an auction where anyone could sell their kidney to the highest bidder!

Plus you have to be HONEST but payment would give a reason for people to LIE about their medical history just to get paid!
Old 05-16-2021, 03:33 AM   #7
SitcomsHeydayfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRPITT View Post
Not true everyone is different. I have heart failure and you would never know it by looking at me looks can be deceiving. Look up Bob Harper.
WRONG.

I've been inside many dialysis centers & have a cousin who is a nephrologist. Sure there are exceptions to the rule like Mr. Harper may be but the VAST majority do not look like the patients on this show.

The fat guy in the far right dialysis chair is the only guy who is pretty realistic depiction of a dialysis patient.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:23 PM   #8
icecream
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
But don't you see a HUGE ethical violation there??

It would be like an auction where anyone could sell their kidney to the highest bidder!

Plus you have to be HONEST but payment would give a reason for people to LIE about their medical history just to get paid!
No I don't see an ethical violation. There is a big difference between selling your kidney to the highest bidder (which I agree should be illegal) and buying a gift of appreciation for your donor.
icecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 03:53 AM   #9
SitcomsHeydayfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule View Post
No I don't see an ethical violation. There is a big difference between selling your kidney to the highest bidder (which I agree should be illegal) and buying a gift of appreciation for your donor.
Go call any transplant coordinator of any transplant hospital in America & they'll tell you that you CANNOT buy your donor a gift!

Another inaccuracy in this show is you deal with a PRE & POST transplant coordinator yet they were NEVER shown!