Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Primetime Emmy Predictions for Comedy; Paramount Heads to Paris for New Comedy
Pop TV Renews Schitt's Creek for Sixth and Final Season, Fifth Season Marathon to Air on Sept. 21; HBO Max Revives The Boondocks
NBC Streaming Service Peacock Sets Reboots of Saved by the Bell & Punky Brewster; The Big Bang Theory Coming to HBO Max, While TBS Renews Through 2028
ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2
Nick Slates Are You Afraid of the Dark? Premiere; Spectrum Originals Drama Goes Back Into Production for Season 2 in 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Party of Five Reboot Coming in January; Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey to Reunite for Office Ladies Podcast

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-08-2003, 04:06 AM   #1
¤I Love Clay Aiken¤
MISS APRIL
Forum Legend

Location: Parsonsfield ME Shaws - Screwing my way up the employment ladder!
Send a message via AIM to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤ Send a message via Yahoo to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤
Talking The Smithsonian--Fonzies Jacket

Whos been to DC and saw Fonzies jacket?? What was it like? Were you allowed to take pictures? Was it... breathtaking?

I plan on going to DC for my birthday (either that, see Conan again.. or both!! ) to finally see Fonzies jacket. The experience will be so amazing! Seeing something from my favorite show..WORN by Henry in the 70s! Itll be something I wont forget! I hope youre allowed to take pics, because some places like that dont allow you to. Even if youre not, Im gonna sneak a shot anyways lol-- itll be worth it if I got thrown out!
Old 01-08-2003, 06:03 AM   #2
TJL
Suburbanite Extrordinaire
Forum Veteran

I saw Fonzie's jacket at the Smithsonian years ago.
It ws in a glass case next to some other famous TV stuff (Archie and Edith's chairs weren't too far away, as I recall.)
I believe you can take pictures of it.
I do remember thinking it was a lot smaller than I thought it would be...

Read my blogs!
http://centralparkamisguide.com/
http://dvdcriticscorner.com
Visit me on Facebook!http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=641138880
Hey, I do the tweet thing too!
http://twitter.com/TomLevier
My shop of handmade items!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ColdGarageCreations
TJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 08:21 AM   #3
Barnabas1

Nope, but I've seen pis on the internet.

Formerly Babalu and agsfan
Barnabas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 08:59 AM   #4
animalcrackers

I hope you chose DC. What a thrill to see THAT jacket! Plus I would love to see Tom Sellecks ( I'm a BIG fan ) Magnum P. I. shirt and cap.
animalcrackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 09:20 AM   #5
Cactus Jack
RonFingSwanson
Forum Idol

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Default Re: The Smithsonian--Fonzies Jacket

Quote:
Originally posted by ?MsConanOBrien?
Whos been to DC and saw Fonzies jacket?? What was it like? Were you allowed to take pictures? Was it... breathtaking?

I plan on going to DC for my birthday (either that, see Conan again.. or both!! ) to finally see Fonzies jacket. The experience will be so amazing! Seeing something from my favorite show..WORN by Henry in the 70s! Itll be something I wont forget! I hope youre allowed to take pics, because some places like that dont allow you to. Even if youre not, Im gonna sneak a shot anyways lol-- itll be worth it if I got thrown out!

Yes, I wemt there for a school tri[p back in june last year for m June 4-7 . I actually do have a pic, also theres an HD lunchbag, I took a pic of that too. Its in the American History museum, they also havbve Dorothys ruby slippers in The Wiz of oz and ab unch of other stuff

If I can find it, ill post the pic

Id Love to help you Tracy, but I cant have sex with a black guy, Id lose my endorsement deal with NASCAR-Jenna Maroney,30 Rock

April 17,2009 9:02 PM : 100,000th post!

[/B]
Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 02:19 AM   #6
¤I Love Clay Aiken¤
MISS APRIL
Forum Legend

Location: Parsonsfield ME Shaws - Screwing my way up the employment ladder!
Send a message via AIM to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤ Send a message via Yahoo to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤

Ah cool! Thanks!

Dorothys slippers!!!!!

They also have Mr.Rogers sweater!!!!!!!!!!!!!
¤I Love Clay Aiken¤ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 02:25 AM   #7
DarleneIllyria
Gone
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by TJL
I saw Fonzie's jacket at the Smithsonian years ago.
It ws in a glass case next to some other famous TV stuff (Archie and Edith's chairs weren't too far away, as I recall.)
I believe you can take pictures of it.
I do remember thinking it was a lot smaller than I thought it would be...
That sounds pretty cool. I'd love to see Archie and Edith's chair. That'd be quite an experience to see all the stuff in the museum.
DarleneIllyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 08:21 AM   #8
Barnabas1

Quote:
Originally posted by Jenny

That sounds pretty cool. I'd love to see Archie and Edith's chair. That'd be quite an experience to see all the stuff in the museum.
I know! Have you ever seen a picture of it?
Barnabas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 02:39 PM   #9
DarleneIllyria
Gone
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Ralph Malph Ricardo
I know! Have you ever seen a picture of it?
I've never seen a pic of it. I might go to google and try to find some pics.
DarleneIllyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 03:23 PM   #10
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Location: Sunnydale: The Land of The Vamps, Monsters, And Things That Go Bump

Quote:
Originally posted by ¤MsConanOBrien¤

Dorothys slippers!!!!!

I was watching a special on tv the other day about Wizard Of Oz memorabilia and collections. One pair of Dorothy's slippers in owned by the Smithsonian. There was another pair that is owned by some woman, and she has actually lent her pair to the Smithsonian while the Smithsonian's pair went on a worldwide tour. But, there is a possibiltiy, that there was a third pair of slippers. No one knows where the third pair is (or even if there really is a third pair, actually), so they could be floating out there anywhere.
CollegeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 04:32 PM   #11
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

I live like 45 minutes away and yet...*gasp* I haven't yet went to see his jacket. How pathetic is THAT?!

Imagine this. After a long, stressful day, you come home and collapse in your favorite chair. You pick up the remote control and snap on the television set. You flip through the channels until you land onto some news program. The anchorwoman is standing in front of the Smithsonian, half in tears. You listen intently, anitcipating the news.

Anchorwoman: Yes, I am afraid it is indeed a sad day for all of Fonzie's devoted fans. Last night, at approximately 1:45 a.m. a masked mad woman snuck past the guards and security systems of D.C.'s finest museum. She carefully crept down the coordors until she came upon her target. Did this woman steal the prized Hope Diamond? No. Did she she steal artifacts from King Tut's tomb? No. What she stole was even more precious than that. This fiend, this monster, stole legendary Arthur Fonzarelli's leather jacket......and along with it, she stole a chunk of America's heart.

Irritated by the news, you flip off the television set.You can't believe what you're hearing. "It can't be true," you repeat over and over to yourself. "Surely, no one would stoop to stealing Fonzie's jacket." Then, you remember this odd redhead from Sitcoms Online. You recount the posts you read regarding this woman's obsession for Fonzie. You thought it was all in good fun. Surely, CollegeGirl would never steal his jacket. A lump forms in your stomach, as you carefully flip the t.v. back on. You discover that Henry Winkler himself, has flown to Washington, D.C. to mourn the loss of his jacket. Henry is talking about his perspective on this heist.

Henry: Let me tell you. Whoever would stoop so low as to steal such a beloved possesion is an insult to humanity. I can only imagine the sick, demented plans she has lined up for this jacket.

Anchorwoman: Surely, America will not be having happy days until this jacket is recovered and justice is served. Ted, over to you.

You click the t.v. off again. Your heart is racing wildly and thoughts bombard through your head. You turn on your computer and log onto the internet. Your fingers glide over the keyboard as you type in the URL for SO. Apparently, everyone else realized who stole this jacket too, because the HD board is overflowing with users. You quickly scan through all the posts, hoping to see some sign proving your theories correct. Did Collegegirl really steal Fonzie's jacket?

Meanwhile......

In a house tucked miles and miles from civilization, a young woman drapes a leather jacket across a chair, and sits down beside it. She strokes the breast of the jacket lovingly. She gently presses her cheek against it and sniffs the memories that it must still contain. She then closes her eyes as she dreams about what it must have been like to be held in Fonzie's arms.

Collegegirl: *dreamily* Yes, Fonzie. I WILL be your six star girl.

NOTE: Please allow me to explain. BEFORE, you roll your eyes and mark this off as just another of CG's crazy tandrums, let me give you insight as to why I wrote this. I have to write a 50 page script for a play as part of an admission's process for NYU. I have yet to come up with a topic, though. But, I think it will be based on a young woman who is slightly......how should I word this?.........derranged. Everyone around her watches her fall from a socialite to an outcast overnight. They all whisper behind her back. Then, it happens. (*a piano plays, "Duh...duh....duh..."*) And the audience sees this girl fall into the clutches of insanity. It's supposed to be a farce on reality. Hopefully it'll bring a few laughs.

Last edited by CollegeGirl; 01-09-2003 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:56 PM   #12
Moonlight Lady
Forum Veteran

We went to the Smithsonian once, but there were so many buildings and things to see that we didn't get a chance to see Fonzie's jacket or Archie and Edith's chairs. I was really dissappointed. That's the main reason why I said i'd go.

Maybe i'll get to go again.

Moonlight Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 06:20 PM   #13
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Quote:
Originally posted by Katie_NY
We went to the Smithsonian once, but there were so many buildings and things to see that we didn't get a chance to see Fonzie's jacket or Archie and Edith's chairs. I was really dissappointed. That's the main reason why I said i'd go.

Maybe i'll get to go again.

Same here. I've spent the day in D.C. several times, but always doing something else. I still haven't stopped in to visit the jacket.
Old 01-09-2003, 08:03 PM   #14
Stormtracker TF
║▌║█ ║▌║▌│║▌║▌█
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally posted by CollegeGirl
I live like 45 minutes away and yet...*gasp* I haven't yet went to see his jacket. How pathetic is THAT?!

Imagine this. After a long, stressful day, you come home and collapse in your favorite chair. You pick up the remote control and snap on the television set. You flip through the channels until you land onto some news program. The anchorwoman is standing in front of the Smithsonian, half in tears. You listen intently, anitcipating the news.

Anchorwoman: Yes, I am afraid it is indeed a sad day for all of Fonzie's devoted fans. Last night, at approximately 1:45 a.m. a masked mad woman snuck past the guards and security systems of D.C.'s finest museum. She carefully crept down the coordors until she came upon her target. Did this woman steal the prized Hope Diamond? No. Did she she steal artifacts from King Tut's tomb? No. What she stole was even more precious than that. This fiend, this monster, stole legendary Arthur Fonzarelli's leather jacket......and along with it, she stole a chunk of America's heart.

Irritated by the news, you flip off the television set.You can't believe what you're hearing. "It can't be true," you repeat over and over to yourself. "Surely, no one would stoop to stealing Fonzie's jacket." Then, you remember this odd redhead from Sitcoms Online. You recount the posts you read regarding this woman's obsession for Fonzie. You thought it was all in good fun. Surely, CollegeGirl would never steal his jacket. A lump forms in your stomach, as you carefully flip the t.v. back on. You discover that Henry Winkler himself, has flown to Washington, D.C. to mourn the loss of his jacket. Henry is talking about his perspective on this heist.

Henry: Let me tell you. Whoever would stoop so low as to steal such a beloved possesion is an insult to humanity. I can only imagine the sick, demented plans she has lined up for this jacket.

Anchorwoman: Surely, America will not be having happy days until this jacket is recovered and justice is served. Ted, over to you.

You click the t.v. off again. Your heart is racing wildly and thoughts bombard through your head. You turn on your computer and log onto the internet. Your fingers glide over the keyboard as you type in the URL for SO. Apparently, everyone else realized who stole this jacket too, because the HD board is overflowing with users. You quickly scan through all the posts, hoping to see some sign proving your theories correct. Did Collegegirl really steal Fonzie's jacket?

Meanwhile......

In a house tucked miles and miles from civilization, a young woman drapes a leather jacket across a chair, and sits down beside it. She strokes the breast of the jacket lovingly. She gently presses her cheek against it and sniffs the memories that it must still contain. She then closes her eyes as she dreams about what it must have been like to be held in Fonzie's arms.

NOTE: Please allow me to explain. BEFORE, you roll your eyes and mark this off as just another of CG's crazy tandrums, let me give you insight as to why I wrote this. I have to write a 50 page script for a play as part of an admission's process for NYU. I have yet to come up with a topic, though. But, I think it will be based on a young woman who is slightly......how should I word this?.........derranged. Everyone around her watches her fall from a socialite to an outcast overnight. They all whisper behind her back. Then, it happens. (*a piano plays, "Duh...duh....duh..."*) And the audience sees this girl fall into the clutches of insanity. It's supposed to be a farce on reality. Hopefully it'll bring a few laughs.
Great story, I have gotta go to DC and check it out! I'm going to take a thousand pictures of it when I get there!
Stormtracker TF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 08:14 PM   #15
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Quote:
Originally posted by CollegeGirl

Meanwhile......

And I hope no one took offense to this. This was in no way a means to poke fun at anyone but myself. I would never make fun of anyone BUT me. I love everyone WAY too much! I would never make fun of Fonzie's leather jacket, anyone wanting to see it, or my beloved Henry Winkler. Nor, would I make fun of anyone on this board. You are all just too wonderful.