Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Fall Pilot Review: Bob Hearts Abishola - Premieres Monday (Sept. 23); ABC Fall Pilot Review: mixed-ish - Premieres Tuesday (Sept. 24)
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 23, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboots for The Office and Even Hogan's Heroes?; The Boondocks Returning for Two New Seasons on HBO Max
Fri-Yay: Primetime Emmy Predictions for Comedy; Paramount Heads to Paris for New Comedy
Pop TV Renews Schitt's Creek for Sixth and Final Season, Fifth Season Marathon to Air on Sept. 21; HBO Max Revives The Boondocks
NBC Streaming Service Peacock Sets Reboots of Saved by the Bell & Punky Brewster; The Big Bang Theory Coming to HBO Max, While TBS Renews Through 2028
ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-11-2018, 11:32 AM   #1
Kane

Default HEADS UP: Trudy Darby case to be featured on Welcome to Murdertown

The new true crime series Welcome to Murdertown will be documenting the 1991 abduction and murder of Trudy Darby. The episode "Murder in Macks Creek" will be shown tonight (12/11/18) at 9 pm EST on Investigation Discovery.

As you'll recall, UM featured the Trudy Darby case in 1992. The case was mentioned in the segment about the 1991 abduction of Angela Hammond, as it was believed by authorities that it was linked to Angela's disappearance and the disappearance of Cheryl Kenney. Although Trudy's murder was eventually solved, the disappearances of Angela and Cheryl are still unsolved.

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Trudy_Darby
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:16 PM   #2
dynoguy88

Thanks for the heads up. Trudy was was the one who called her son because she was scared of a man who who was hanging outside the door of the convenience store where she worked. It took the son less than five minutes to reach the store but Trudy had already been abducted by then.
dynoguy88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:37 AM   #3
Killarney Rose
Forum Regular

I watched this last night. I was quite surprised to hear that LE believes Trudy's killers are responsible for the abduction and murder of Angela Hammond. When Angela's kidnapping was mentioned in the segment, I noticed they depicted a Jeep used in it rather than the pickup with the fish mural, although the mural was mentioned. I kept waiting to see if they would try to tie the pickup with the mural to Darby's killers but there was no more mention of it other than the brief one.
Killarney Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:11 AM   #4
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killarney Rose View Post
I watched this last night. I was quite surprised to hear that LE believes Trudy's killers are responsible for the abduction and murder of Angela Hammond. When Angela's kidnapping was mentioned in the segment, I noticed they depicted a Jeep used in it rather than the pickup with the fish mural, although the mural was mentioned. I kept waiting to see if they would try to tie the pickup with the mural to Darby's killers but there was no more mention of it other than the brief one.
Evidently, the youngest of Trudy's killers (Jesse Rush) boasted in letters to another inmate that he and the other guys also killed two other women in Missouri and the LE believe those two women are Angela Hammond and Cheryl Ann Kinney. I'm not completely convinced. Although time wise, Trudy was killed first and Macks Creek only had a population of 278 in 1991. I guess it's not completely illogical to think the high they got from abducting Trudy and possibly wanting to do it again, driving to another town 60 miles away would make more sense than doing it in your tiny town when the residents are already on high alert.

For the reenactments, they didn't exactly use 1991 cars. But that's being really nitpicky. (Unsolved Mysteries didn't even use a truck for the car chase scene.) Although I was a little amused that the actor playing Rob was as calm during the car chase scene as if he were driving to the grocery store.

Some interesting notes from Trudy's ordeal:

*After taking part in the murder, Jesse Rush went to the same high school as Trudy's daughter and crossed paths with her every day.

*After Trudy called her son for help and he ran out of the house, Trudy's daughter immediately called the convenience store back and Trudy didn't answer. She must have been abducted as soon as she hung up the phone.

*Within an hour of her abduction, police stopped and checked every car that was on the road in Macks Creek that night. One of the cars they flashed their lights in was the killers. But there was no body inside so the police told them to drive on.

It blows my mind that one of Trudy's killers was a 15 year old boy. To help take part in an abduction, rape, murder and disposal of a body and then to brag to people that you did it....despite not even being old enough to have a drivers license. There are no words.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:09 PM   #5
Killarney Rose
Forum Regular

I told DH he had a real problem keeping his mouth shut! If it wasn't for him, they wouldn't have been caught.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:13 PM   #6
dynoguy88

I'm not sure if this link has been posted or not but there's an article, written last April, covering Angela Hammond's abduction. It has some snippets of information that I didn't know.

It also includes parts of the letters Jesse Rush wrote in prison in regards to Trudy Darby's murder and they're even more disturbing than I thought. Here's the part where he mentions other killings he did and...boy. This kid was more messed up than I thought...

Quote:
I never told you about them other bitchs because if it gets found by accident it can get us involved in killing them other f*cking bitchs. the cops donít even know about my brother and me killing any other bitchs except Macks Creek. them other bitchs in my last letter to you were both like that bitch in Macks Creek we all tortured the bitchs then f*cked the dog sh*t out of em.
Despite that ugliness, this is a good read. The Springfield 3 case happened the following year and Angela's mother formed a bond with the mother of Stacy McCall.

Rob now lives 60 miles from Clinton and works construction. He has a wife and family. Angela's best friend Kyla moved to Colorado. But not much on the current status of Angela's family members except for the fact that they still consider Rob as family.

https://truecrimearticles.com/2018/0...ngela-hammond/
Old 12-13-2018, 05:53 PM   #7
Killarney Rose
Forum Regular

Thanks for the link. Interesting reading.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:46 AM   #8
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

Here is the full court transcript from 1997: https://caselaw.findlaw.com/mo-court...s/1215526.html
Old 08-31-2019, 01:31 PM   #9
Music860ScreenWriter
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Trudy was was the one who called her son because she was scared of a man who who was hanging outside the door of the convenience store where she worked. It took the son less than five minutes to reach the store but Trudy had already been abducted by then.

I am watching Murdertown's episode of Trudy who was murder, was killed and sadly she was raped as well. Beyond abhorrent. It is clear, Jesse Rush, and his no good POS brother Marvin(Glad he died IN prison) were and are responsible, but no body no case, in some states anyway."I am glad justice however,was semi-served."
-The other two women are rip a long time now, as trudy, and at least some "justice" is evident...

Trudy at peace,and still live throughout her family each second a familia member is thinking' good, great thoughts happy memories, are remembered about her." I just don't know why you're not able to charged without a body, when i heard that Jess letters about killing "2"other ladies are clear on this fact, even without a name mentioned. Sad.

Her son she called, so sad, he has to still live with this, only if he rush to call 911. I would have, but rip to trudy.

RIP..
Both should've gotten death row.

Sad. So senseless.
Music860ScreenWriter is offline   Reply With Quote