Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Just the Ten of Us links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Just the Ten of Us Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Just the Ten of Us

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2
Nick Slates Are You Afraid of the Dark? Premiere; Spectrum Originals Drama Goes Back Into Production for Season 2 in 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Party of Five Reboot Coming in January; Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey to Reunite for Office Ladies Podcast
Fri-Yay: We're Up Schitt's Creek; Comedy Central Renews South Park for 3 More Seasons
Antenna TV Acquires That Girl for January and Perhaps More; Disney Just Rolls With It Once Again
HBO Gets 2nd Season of McBride and Goodman Comedy; HGTV and Bradys Go Digital

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-11-2016, 08:14 PM   #1
mickeymouseclubfan
Banned
Banned!!
Frequent Poster

Default Nick at Nite Request: "Just the Ten of Us"

Dear Nick at Nite Viewer Services,

I have a proposal for Nick at Nite: to make a deal with Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution for Nick at Nite to become the exclusive basic cable home to the hit '80s sitcom "Just the Ten of Us," with Nick at Nite showcasing all 47 half-hour episodes not seen since airing in reruns on the USA Cable Network.

A spin-off of "Growing Pains," "Just the Ten of Us" starred Bill Kirchenbauer as Coach Graham Lubbock, introduced on "Growing Pains" as Mike Seaver's (Kirk Cameron) educator who, late in Season 3 of "Growing Pains," was fired from his teaching job at Thomas E. Dewey High School and gave his family a NEW life in Eureka, California, where Lubbock accepted the position as football coach and History Teacher at St. Augustine's Catholic High School for Boys--the same job he had in Long Island, New York on "Growing Pains."

Lubbock's family included his supportive wife Elizabeth (Deborah Harmon) and their 8 children, including Marie (Heather Langenkamp), Cindy (Jamie Luner), Wendy (Brooke Theiss), Sherry (Heidi Zeigler), Connie (JoAnn Willette), Graham, Jr. (Matt Shakman), and infants Harvey and Melissa.

Despite the series' 2 seasons, airing from April 26, 1988 - May 4, 1990, "Just the Ten of Us" found a healthy afterlife airing in reruns on the USA Cable Network from 1990 - 1996, but has NEVER been seen since.

Nick at Nite shall add "Just the Ten of Us" to its regular lineup starting Monday, November 3, 2016, airing the series weeknights at 9 P.M. ET/PT

Sincerely,
Danny Hooley
mickeymouseclubfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:58 PM   #2
clanoftheduck
Occasional Poster

Darn

I read the end of the above post and got excited

Quote:
Nick at Nite shall add "Just the Ten of Us" to its regular lineup starting Monday, November 3, 2016, airing the series weeknights at 9 P.M. ET/PT
Unfortunately it was just a mis-wording on their part and what they meant to say was "should" .. I guess.

While I like the idea of such a petition they are slightly wrong of course. Just The Ten Of Us actually had 3 seasons The first official season was an abbreviated one with only 4 or 5 episodes (considering on whether or not someone counts the initial Growing Pains episode that featured the entire cast and effectively acted as it's pilot)

And it actually has aired since the 90's. But again.. in abbreviated form.

As you can read in this forum the episode "A Christmas Story" aired for a few years every December on TVLand as part of their annual Merry-Thon of Christmas themed classic TV episodes.

And then in the early 2000's as Friends was airing it's final episodes on NBC, TVLand aired the episode "Quarterback Sneak" featuring a guest spot by Matt Leblanc and was part of their "Before They Were Friends" marathon.

There was one other episode having been mentioned as airing on TVLand but I never saw it and can't find the reference to it. regardless I realize 3 eps of a series can't be considered a true re-airing but still worth mentioning.

I wasn't trying to point out the above (and evidently banned) posters mistake so much as I was getting to the fact that as Nick@Nite / Nickelodeon is TVLand's parent company and, at one time, they did own at least partial rights to air this show.

So while I doubt appearing on Nick @ Nite is an option since they seem to currently focus mainly on airing 90's or early 2000's sitcoms......and George Lopez 24/7 TVLand might be a better contender. After all they brought back Facts of Life just last year and it hadn't aired on Nick@Nite (or pretty much anywhere) since early 2000's

Not sure how to go about it and I know most of those network pleas go un-noticed but would love to see that happen.

clanoftheduck is offline   Reply With Quote