Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2
Nick Slates Are You Afraid of the Dark? Premiere; Spectrum Originals Drama Goes Back Into Production for Season 2 in 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Party of Five Reboot Coming in January; Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey to Reunite for Office Ladies Podcast
Fri-Yay: We're Up Schitt's Creek; Comedy Central Renews South Park for 3 More Seasons
Antenna TV Acquires That Girl for January and Perhaps More; Disney Just Rolls With It Once Again
HBO Gets 2nd Season of McBride and Goodman Comedy; HGTV and Bradys Go Digital

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-02-2017, 09:53 PM   #106
um
Forum Regular

There was an episode of "Archie" (the teenage cartoon character) or it might have been "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" and Reggie's little nephew came to visit him and was being a brat and playing tricks on everyone and Archie, and Betty, and Veronica and Jughead were all yelling at Reggie because of his bratty little nephew. I think the entire gang were at a picnic trying to entertain Reggie's little bratty nephew but the kid was wreaking havoc, and Hot Dog decided to do something about the bratty kid and he talked to some woodland animals, and a bear caught Reggie's nephew and held him over his knee while a beaver was readying his flat tail to use as a paddle to spank the kid while some deer and birds and other animals watched. It was not actually shown but apparently the woodland animals spanked the kid and the next scene showed Reggie's nephew as he just came from the woods apparently after the spanking and also having had run away from the woodland animals who spanked him, and he just started talking very nice to Archie and Vernoca and Betty and the others and they were all amazed at why the kid just suddenly was a nice little boy.
um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:36 PM   #107
Furienna

Quote:
Originally Posted by um
There was an episode of "Archie" (the teenage cartoon character) or it might have been "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" and Reggie's little nephew came to visit him and was being a brat and playing tricks on everyone and Archie, and Betty, and Veronica and Jughead were all yelling at Reggie because of his bratty little nephew. I think the entire gang were at a picnic trying to entertain Reggie's little bratty nephew but the kid was wreaking havoc, and Hot Dog decided to do something about the bratty kid and he talked to some woodland animals, and a bear caught Reggie's nephew and held him over his knee while a beaver was readying his flat tail to use as a paddle to spank the kid while some deer and birds and other animals watched. It was not actually shown but apparently the woodland animals spanked the kid and the next scene showed Reggie's nephew as he just came from the woods apparently after the spanking and also having had run away from the woodland animals who spanked him, and he just started talking very nice to Archie and Vernoca and Betty and the others and they were all amazed at why the kid just suddenly was a nice little boy.
That sounds very weird to me, since there was a backlash against spanking already in the 70s over here in Sweden. Swedish children's works from that time period will rather have a more modern message, that nobody is reformed by physical punishment. Then you hear how far behind American works were...
Old 01-03-2017, 01:16 AM   #108
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

in the 2nd part of a 2-part episode of "THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES" once Granny spanked a woman con artist who was trying to steal their money. They didn't show it, just mentioned it.

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
treky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:52 PM   #109
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by um
Why did he spank her? Did he just slap her?
He wasn't angry, it was more of a playful swat saying I'm in charge.
My Top 100 TV Theme Songs http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...28#post5320128
Is Christ the cornerstone of your life? If not, he should be.

catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:27 PM   #110
um
Forum Regular

I also recall an episode of the cartoon "Snuffy Smith" in which Snuffy was taking care of his mischievous niece and he threatened to spank her, but she made something of a threat to him that she could get him into trouble for doing so. I saw the ep a few times as a kid and I cannot recall the exact scenario now, but Snuffy seemed afraid to spank his niece after she said she would tell others or get him in trouble, but by the very end of the episode, Snuffy was feeling depressed because he felt his niece did not love him but she came to him and told him she does love him.

I recall there was a regular young character who's name I cannot recall. It seemed he was the nephew of Snuffy Smith who once got a spanking for playing tricks on everyone.

Though I knew that Snuffy Smith was about a group of so-called Hill Billies, and the adventures reflected Hill Billy culture such as just lying on the front porch sleeping a lot and almost always holding a rifle to shoot "possums" I still found the cartoon to be very odd . I found Popeye to be less strange which may be because Popeye cartoons were televised more often than Snuffy Smith ones were, at least where I was growing up. But in retrospect, Popeye had an odd set up too. Popeye had a girlfriend Olive who often was seen with a child "Sweet Pea" and it was not always clear if Olive was the mother or the aunt or baby sitter of "Sweet Pea" and depending on the episode it could be any of those. Also there was Bluto who was usually Popeye's enemy but was sometimes his friend, though a bad friend. Then was Popeye's nephews who sometimes were depicted as twins, sometimes triplets and sometimes quadruplets.

I will have to start a thread about cartoons of our childhoods which actually had strange characters and which oddly reflected diversity when that was not the intention.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:12 PM   #111
um
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70s show watcher
arnold jackson different strokes desivered david baxter the mary tyler moore show desieverd
I recall Arnold got spanked more than once. Which is the one you are referring to?

David Baxter on the Mary Tyler Moore Show? Wasn't he an adult?

Also, I am not sure if it was already mentioned, but didn't Ann Slap Julie on One Day At A Time and didn't Edith slap Gloria on All In The Family?
Not exactly a spanking but Gloria and Julie were too old to spank.
Also Edith slapped Archie once too. Not exactly a spanking but a punishment. Anyone think Archie deserved it?

Last edited by um; 03-04-2019 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:19 PM   #112
stevea
LITB/FKB Fan

I haven't seen it in awhile, but there is a very old Make Room For Daddy episode where Danny has a very young Rusty over his knee, and there is a long dialogue about a spanking he is about to get. I don't remember exactly, but I think Rusty talks Danny out of it.
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:12 AM   #113
DJM77

Send a message via ICQ to DJM77

Quote:
Originally Posted by um
David Baxter on the Mary Tyler Moore Show? Wasn't he an adult?
No, he was about 12 or so.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:53 PM   #114
Richiecunninghamdef
Occasional Poster

I feel like happy days should have had some spanking storylines
Richiecunninghamdef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:33 PM   #115
um
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiecunninghamdef View Post
Should The Fonz have gotten a spanking?
Old 03-04-2019, 08:51 PM   #116
Richiecunninghamdef
Occasional Poster

Lol he probably would have liked it tbh
Richiecunninghamdef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:46 PM   #117
stevea
LITB/FKB Fan

I'm not goin' thru 8 pages of posts to see if anyone mentioned Ricky spanking Lucy.
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:13 PM   #118
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiecunninghamdef View Post
You obviously haven’t seen the uncut DVD Howard and Marion bedroom scenes.
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:51 PM   #119
um
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRDM View Post
I thought it would be fun to list characters who got a spanking in an episode of their show, whether on-screen or off-screen, and then list whether you think they deserved it. Just list those who got a spanking in an actual episode, NOT threats and references.

Katie Gatling on Benson- deserved, but she was so cute you hated she got it

Nellie Oleson on Little House on the Prairie- DESERVED BIG-TIME!!

Wesley Owens on Mr. Belvedere- deserved

Timmy on Lassie- deserved

Danny on Partridge Family- deserved

Dominic on Yes Dear- deserved but very stupid politically correct episode

Lucy Ricardo on I Love Lucy- deserved I guess, but she was a grown woman!!

Gidget on Gidget- deserved and very funny

Alex on One Day at a Time- deserved

Opie on Andy Griffith- deserved, but Andy was too strict most of the time

Perhaps someone mentioned this already but I recall that Willis once gave Arnold a spanking on camera on "Diff'rent Strokes."