Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Pop TV Renews Schitt's Creek for Sixth and Final Season, Fifth Season Marathon to Air on Sept. 21; HBO Max Revives The Boondocks
NBC Streaming Service Peacock Sets Reboots of Saved by the Bell & Punky Brewster; The Big Bang Theory Coming to HBO Max, While TBS Renews Through 2028
ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2
Nick Slates Are You Afraid of the Dark? Premiere; Spectrum Originals Drama Goes Back Into Production for Season 2 in 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Party of Five Reboot Coming in January; Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey to Reunite for Office Ladies Podcast
Fri-Yay: We're Up Schitt's Creek; Comedy Central Renews South Park for 3 More Seasons

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-06-2006, 02:13 PM   #1
TV DVD Fan

Default SEASON TWO IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No, this is not a joke!!!

Paramount looks like they're going ahead and releasing HAPPY DAYS' second season on April 17th, 2007, along with Laverne and Mork! This has made my YEAR!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6692

Ayyyyyyy!

Sarah Connor: Maybe if you spend your life hiding who you are, you might finally end up fooling yourself.

- From the episode "Gnothi Seauton."
TV DVD Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:27 PM   #2
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Send a message via AIM to gilligan fanatic

Well I for one didn't think it would happen. I think we owe a bit of it to our very own studd911.

Filmaf ~ Twitter ~ Last.FM
gilligan fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:29 PM   #3
Billy K.
Forum Regular

It does say it's just a rumor. I'll believe it when they studio announces it.
Billy K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:40 PM   #4
Dynomite
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy K.
It does say it's just a rumor. I'll believe it when they studio announces it.
If CBS Paramount officially announced Happy Days season 2 is going to be released on DVD in Spring, 2007, you had better believe that. Let's hope they also release following seasons afterwards. I hope they release season 4 sometime in the future.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:54 PM   #5
dave insinga
Forum Regular

Default THERE IS A GOD

im so happy to hear this but again( and im not being negative )when i am holding the package in my hand.but this is by far the best news in a long long time.
dave insinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:07 PM   #6
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave insinga
im so happy to hear this but again( and im not being negative )when i am holding the package in my hand.but this is by far the best news in a long long time.
i agree - when i have it in my HANDS i will be happy

but i still think that they are shooting themselves in the foot by releasing it on the same day as Mork & Mindy and Laverne & Shirley, i mean a large percentage of those potential first weeks' sales are going to be from fans that are going to have to CHOOSE between the three.

i mean if Paramount is going to focus ALL of their sales numbers on the FIRST WEEK of sales only, they have to realize that not everyone is willing to spend over $100 bucks to buy all three shows in the first week.
robyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:56 PM   #7
SherryLH
Frequent Poster

Hey this is good news!!! I can't wait to get it!!!
SherryLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:20 PM   #8
Billy K.
Forum Regular

I'm psyched about it. I hope they managed to use the original score/music in the series. ---> I'll still buy it if it's with the "generic" music.
Billy K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:11 PM   #9
bh7812
Forum Regular

Send a message via MSN to bh7812 Send a message via Yahoo to bh7812

Hi!!

When I checked tvshowsondvd.com this morning and saw that I was literally like "Yes!! Finally Paramount you're listening!!" If this is true, I'm glad they are doing this instead of completely ignoring us fans who want this show to be continued. I will be more hopeful once I see a studio confirmation but this is certainly very promising..I just wish it hadn't taken them 2 and a half years to listen and finally get the hint. I understand they had to deal with music licensing issues but it was ridiculous how long this took. I pray they used this time to take care of the music licensing issues for the ENTIRE series as there is a LOT of music over it's course. I will still definitely buy Season 2 to help support the series so they will hopefully release the rest of the series. Well if this is true, this'll be 2 seasons down, 9 more to go. I'll also be buying the 2nd Seasn of Mork and Mindy.

To all those who wrote letters bugging Paramount and called bugging them, thank you so much for doing that! People think stuff like that doesn't make a difference but it really does! This news made my whole year as well!
Bill
bh7812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:27 PM   #10
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

im glad to see them come out

BUTTTT sales on season 1 were pretty weak for all 3

i wonder why they are putting them out?

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:33 PM   #11
dave insinga
Forum Regular

Default these companies are finally listening to what the people want

one way or another HAPPY DAYS was too big of a show not to make dvd.
so original music or not they will eventually make it on to dvd.
dave insinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:06 AM   #12
TV DVD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
im glad to see them come out

BUTTTT sales on season 1 were pretty weak for all 3

i wonder why they are putting them out?

True, but they were asking for a little too much for 15 or 16 episodes of LAS and HD respectively. 40 bucks? Most TV shows with full seasons (24-30 episodes) retail for 30 bucks, and this was 1/2 a full season and 25 percent more of a cost than most full season TV DVD's.
TV DVD Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:53 PM   #13
studd911

Hey happy days fan i am so happy that paramount has continue to go through with the happy days laverne an shirley and mork an mindy second complete seasons, something inside of me was saying call paramount and i did, and good news became wonderful news, i believe that paramount will find away to get the music on happy day 2 i do not no about the music on laverne and shirley and mork and mindy, but paramount has to much of money not to by the music rights i remember when i spoke with one of there workers he told me that garry marshal wanted all of the original music intact, and he also said that paramount television believes in showing tv shows in there original formate, i believe that if garry wantes the music he will try to get it, because i hope that they will not use the generic replacement music that was heard in syndication other wise the sells will not go as well and if sells do not do good then that delays the other season, i have faith that they will get the music rights they have the billions to do so, the good thing about season 2 of all three season coming out in the spring of 07 is that it will be commerically advertise, i believe that if all three first seasons of these shows were commerically advertise we might would have had all three complete second seasons, but if season 2 does come out with all of the deleted scenes and original music all of us must buy season 2 so that we can see season 3 and so on, i guess paramount has gotten tired of the letters phone calls an complaints, i myself feel good for spreading the news lets hope hd2 has allof the music in tact peace
studd911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:42 AM   #14
Classicshowsgurl15
Happy Days

Send a message via AIM to Classicshowsgurl15

I am so happy. I hope that it does come out because they are saying that it is just a rumor. It better come out though. We have waited long enough.
“All our young lives we search for someone to love, someone who makes us complete. We choose partners and change partners. We dance to a song of heartbreak and hope, all the while wondering if somewhere, somehow, there's someone perfect who might be searching for us.” - The Wonder Years
Classicshowsgurl15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #15
FonzFan

Location: Jefferson, WI USA/ just around the corner from the home of HD: Milwaukee, WI

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox." - Professor Severus Snape (HP and the Chamber of Secrets)
FonzFan is offline   Reply With Quote