Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2
Nick Slates Are You Afraid of the Dark? Premiere; Spectrum Originals Drama Goes Back Into Production for Season 2 in 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Party of Five Reboot Coming in January; Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey to Reunite for Office Ladies Podcast
Fri-Yay: We're Up Schitt's Creek; Comedy Central Renews South Park for 3 More Seasons
Antenna TV Acquires That Girl for January and Perhaps More; Disney Just Rolls With It Once Again
HBO Gets 2nd Season of McBride and Goodman Comedy; HGTV and Bradys Go Digital

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-06-2006, 08:38 PM   #1
Kane

Default Alicia Showalter Reynolds: Ten years later

Here are some recent articles about the abduction and murder of Alicia Showalter Reynolds.

http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=25&sid=714427

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/2397511.html

It was ten years ago this month when she disappeared. The date of her disappearance was March 2, 1996. Her remains were discovered two months later. It was believed that she was kidnapped and murdered by a motorist who used a ruse to get her to pull over.

In recent years, at least two people have been named as potential suspects: Darrell David Rice and Richard Evonitz. Rice was suspected in another murder case, but was ruled out through DNA. However, he is currently in a federal prison serving time for attempted kidnapping in an unrelated case.

As for Richard Evonitz, he is deceased; he killed himself in 2002. However, DNA testing linked him to three murders, including Kristin Lisk and her sister Kati, who were killed after being abducted from their home in May 1997.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:45 AM   #2
SP4CE INV4DERZ
40-0 0WN3D
Forum Regular

So I am guessing no more news here Kane? Couldn't help but notice it's a bit similar with "Carol" who was shot in the face, even more-so with the dark colored pick-up and when they mention the killer most likely moves around. Well it reminded me of "Carol" when I was watchin it today.

Last edited by SP4CE INV4DERZ; 03-11-2007 at 10:02 AM.
SP4CE INV4DERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:26 PM   #3
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Invaderz
So I am guessing no more news here Kane?
Regrettably, there is nothing new on the case. In fact, the case is still listed under "Wanted Persons" at the Virginia State Police web site. The last I checked, the page was updated this past February. So the mere fact that the case is still listed there means that it remains unsolved.

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/WantedPersons.shtm
Old 03-11-2007, 06:01 PM   #4
jeeps
Frequent Poster

[QUOTE=Kane]Regrettably, there is nothing new on the case. In fact, the case is still listed under "Wanted Persons" at the Virginia State Police web site. The last I checked, the page was updated this past February. So the mere fact that the case is still listed there means that it remains unsolved.

Actually, I provided an update a while ago. The link had a picture of the person they believed to be Alicia's killer and he looked remarkably like the composite photo provided by UM.

I'm not in the mood to search but if you really want the information...it's on this board.
jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:47 AM   #5
Fletch
Justice for Russell
Forum Regular

Was this the one where the suspect was driving a black Mazda pickup with teal decals on the sides?
Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:59 AM   #6
SP4CE INV4DERZ
40-0 0WN3D
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps
I'm not in the mood to search but if you really want the information...it's on this board.
Your update was on the suspect Darrell Rice which Kane's update indicates he was cleared based on DNA evidence. I was hoping there might be something new since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
Was this the one where the suspect was driving a black Mazda pickup with teal decals on the sides?
Yeah, this and "Carol" are quite similar as mentioned, both have dark or black colored pick-ups.
SP4CE INV4DERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:54 PM   #7
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Does anyone here though seriously think it could have been the same guy? The two composites looked different, mainly his hair was very different. The guy in Carol's shooting was curly haired. The guy in the Virginia cases was a different hair type. But I do think it is possible it could have been the same guy but it would certainly be strange for a guy to shoot a woman in the face and then go and play this game years later of acting like women's cars were having problems. But it is possible they were the same guy. An interesting possiblity to say the least.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #8
mattc
Forum Regular

I grew up in the area in which these murders occurred. I was just a young kid, but I remember that it caused unbelievable fear in many people for months; my mom was a single mom and drove on the very rode Alicia took on her way to work. Really scary.

I have to say, it's very ironic in a way, that poor Alicia lived in one of the most dangerous cities in the US (Baltimore), and ended up meeting with foul play in one of the safest areas in the US (Virginia mountains). How sad.

I am also surprised that this case has not been solved, particularly since there were many, many eye witnesses.

I don't think that the "Carol" segment was related, as it seemed that the guy who killed Alicia was a sexual predator, and wouldn't have been satisfied with just shooting someone and leaving. I could be wrong though.
mattc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:18 PM   #9
mikewho
Frequent Poster

yeah i figured(and hoped) it would have been solved by now due to the eyewitnesses. Ive driven on route 29 a few times over the years and had a friend who used to drive it with her daughter quite often.

If i remember correctly didnt the guy pick up some of the women and not attack them and just give them rides somewhere? The news called it kind of a dry run where they think he was getting up the guts to be able to attack them. If so it seems like they should have some witnesses that can say whether or not a suspect like david rice was or was not the guy who gave them a ride.

I think they will solve the case just a matter of time and the right person coming forward with info.
mikewho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #10
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewho
yeah i figured(and hoped) it would have been solved by now due to the eyewitnesses.
Unfortunately, a case sometimes go unsolved for a long time, even when there are many eyewitness accounts. It might also be very well that the cops are certain as to who killed Alicia, but have too little evidence (if any evidence at all) to make an arrest.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:38 PM   #11
Mastermind

Quote:
I have to say, it's very ironic in a way, that poor Alicia lived in one of the most dangerous cities in the US (Baltimore), and ended up meeting with foul play in one of the safest areas in the US (Virginia mountains). How sad.
I know. That whole DC-Balto corridor has some of the worst crime in the nation. Lived in DC for a while and it shocked me how much crime occurs in DC within a few blocks of the White House!!
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #12
Wamisto
Frequent Poster

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
Does anyone here though seriously think it could have been the same guy? The two composites looked different, mainly his hair was very different. The guy in Carol's shooting was curly haired. The guy in the Virginia cases was a different hair type. But I do think it is possible it could have been the same guy but it would certainly be strange for a guy to shoot a woman in the face and then go and play this game years later of acting like women's cars were having problems. But it is possible they were the same guy. An interesting possiblity to say the least.
I think it is an interesting hypothesis, because there are some similarities. Alicia's killer would be the right age, it also took place on the highway, and there is some degree of similarity in the photos. However, there are many differences, and thus I do not believe they are the same person. The trucks are similar, but different (Alicia's killer drove a small Nissan, not a big Ford like Carol's killer), and the m.o. is different (Alicia's killer is a sexual predator, while Carol's assault seems to be motivated by road rage). As well as the differences in the hair as kadrmas15 pointed out.

There is one other major similarity, however - neither case has been solved
Wamisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #13
Zlatko
Forum Regular

Very eerie case. It's creepy to think that the killer could still be at large. The individual who committed the crimes probably was spooked once the media coverage increased. Perhaps he'll start up again since the media coverage has lessened. This sicko really knows how to make women feel vulnerable.
Zlatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:53 AM   #14
unslvd mr e
Dear Diary
Frequent Poster

Default showalter and carol

that is what i thought. when i saw a rerun last week on unsolved mysteries
(2011)about alicia showalter i was thinking of carol. because both deal with murder/attempted murder, both have black pickup trucks in the country side or outskirts of the city. do you think its the same guy? i am not sure. detectives usually say that killers stick to their own styles/methods and dont copy other's ways of torture. but there has to be some killers who switch things up on the police in order to throw them off. plus killers sometimes move to other parts of the country. do you agree?
unslvd mr e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:58 AM   #15
unslvd mr e
Dear Diary
Frequent Poster

Default carol

actually i think its two different guys. the guy who walked up to carol and shot her in the face supposedly had the balls to do it. meanwhile the other guys was a wimp who needed to practice first before killing a woman. i know of one case where the killer was seen at the beach driving a white car. so everyone assumed the killer owned a white car, but the killer borrowed the white car from his brother. so i bet sometimes these killers will steal a vehicle that way it is harder to get traced back to them, if ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
unslvd mr e is offline   Reply With Quote