Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Fall Pilot Review: Bob Hearts Abishola - Premieres Monday (Sept. 23); ABC Fall Pilot Review: mixed-ish - Premieres Tuesday (Sept. 24)
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 23, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboots for The Office and Even Hogan's Heroes?; The Boondocks Returning for Two New Seasons on HBO Max
Fri-Yay: Primetime Emmy Predictions for Comedy; Paramount Heads to Paris for New Comedy
Pop TV Renews Schitt's Creek for Sixth and Final Season, Fifth Season Marathon to Air on Sept. 21; HBO Max Revives The Boondocks
NBC Streaming Service Peacock Sets Reboots of Saved by the Bell & Punky Brewster; The Big Bang Theory Coming to HBO Max, While TBS Renews Through 2028
ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-09-2006, 04:05 AM   #31
ClevelandTorsoFiend
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Who could forget Dark Dante? LOL. Where's Dislimb with the mug shot when you need him?
Haha, the mug shot of Dark Dante (can't remember the geeks real name) is actually kind of creepy..even though I would lay him out in about 15 seconds eh..hah..but um i think the mug shot we're thinking is from after he is apprehended and has the blonde ass hair or whatever..haha. Pretty cool segmant actually
ClevelandTorsoFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 05:21 AM   #32
SiberianKiss
Frequent Poster

the one on bigfoot was stupid....hey UM guys bigfoot and the lochness monster was exposed as hoaxes long ago...they did a bigfoot type one after the bank robber tunnel segment....

also around the time of the bank robber segment was the one where some little girl sees what happens when she's about to die only to come back to life....hahah....it was so cheesy the way they did that segment.....

the fertility one sounds really dumb

lost loves are really boring too...who cares!
SiberianKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:44 PM   #33
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Siberiankiss why be so negative? I mean who cares about lost loves huh? I dont know I guess I just dont like the negativity. Yeah some of them are corny. Actually I do not think either big foot or loch ness monster have been proven to be hoaxes.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 01:46 AM   #34
brando316
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
Siberiankiss why be so negative? I mean who cares about lost loves huh? I dont know I guess I just dont like the negativity. Yeah some of them are corny. Actually I do not think either big foot or loch ness monster have been proven to be hoaxes.
I'm not really sure about Bigfoot, but probably the most famous picture taken of the Loch Ness Monster, I want to say it was taken in the 1930s was proved to be fake a couple of years ago.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:41 PM   #35
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mphs95

Some of the lost loves were very moving (the vietnam vet who looked for his nurse, the six siblings separated in oklahoma), but some of them seemed almost like a waste. Okay, I could see the one where he found his friend from the orphanage, but the one where the girl found her teacher? Not to sound mean, but there are many unsolved cases, murder or otherwise, which could have used the airtime more than this case, and other superfluous cases like this. There is something called the internet. Sorry if it sounds mean to some, but that's my opinion and I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt this way.
mphs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:10 PM   #36
unsolved88
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphs95
Some of the lost loves were very moving (the vietnam vet who looked for his nurse, the six siblings separated in oklahoma), but some of them seemed almost like a waste. Okay, I could see the one where he found his friend from the orphanage, but the one where the girl found her teacher? Not to sound mean, but there are many unsolved cases, murder or otherwise, which could have used the airtime more than this case, and other superfluous cases like this. There is something called the internet. Sorry if it sounds mean to some, but that's my opinion and I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt this way.
Good point about the woman looking for her teacher. But I'm not sure if the internet was nearly as advanced then as it is now. Therefore, the show could have been a last resort.
unsolved88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:22 PM   #37
cuba_libre
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to cuba_libre
Default kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by connieallbright
I can't stand the child genius who prefers museums and archeology digs. That boy is a chore to listen to - I'd love an update on what he's up to these days.
Yeah, that kid really annoyed the hell outta me!! And I am one whose all for intelligence and brain power. His just wanting to save the world and cure illness and "Kumbaya" grated my nerves!
cuba_libre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:20 PM   #38
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Wow, I g uess I am surprised. Well that was what I meant with the lost loves is yes, now these days the internet is a very good option. However your average person did not have the internet before probably 1996, 1997. Back then it was not as advanced either. Before the mid 90's almost no one had the internet. So the show was a last resort. As for the kid, well he is a kid, a lot of kid's have dreams like that. I mean yes he might have b een a chore to listen to but I think it is more an example of people being jealous that a kid that young could be so smart.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:51 PM   #39
cuba_libre
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to cuba_libre
Default aliens

I really disliked the alien/alien abduction segments. There was one with the woman who "communicated" with UFOs with her flashlight. That one was really worthless. As for the "lost loves..." some were really good. Upthread someone mentioned the Vietnam Vet looking for his nurse; good example of why that kind of "lost love" story was important at that time.

Also didn't care for the "mysterious creatures" features. Most were rather silly....
cuba_libre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:58 PM   #40
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by boco357
OJ Simpson
I don't blame you for mentioning the OJ segment. In fact, in his book Outrage, Vincent Bugliosi wrote: "Anyone who says this case is a mystery and Simpson might actually be innocent is either being disingenous - a euphemistic way of saying he or she is lying - or is suffering from a severe intellectual hernia, or is just not aware of the evidence. I know of no fourth option."

In Outrage, Bugliosi pulled no punches. And I strongly believe that he won the debate against Alan Dershowitz in the UM segment. This was the same Vincent Bugliosi who prosecuted Charles Manson, and later wrote a book about that case (Helter Skelter).

I don't know if you have ever read Outrage, but Bugliosi did a good job in explaining why OJ Simpson got off scot-free. The book also explains how the verdict could (and should) have been different.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:00 AM   #41
JimmyHendricks
Frequent Poster

The OJ case, because it really isn't an Unsolved Mystery, now is it?

Even if you take that out of the equation, I still think they should have avoided that topic, because the OJ trial had been covered to death by virtually every single television show in existance. What new info could UM provide? Now, 10 years later, it holds up better, but we had already heard it all before.

This is the same reason I think there should never be an UM segment on the JFK assassination (if the show ever comes back). We've had 43 years of every possible theory. Do we really need ANOTHER segment on it?
JimmyHendricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:26 AM   #42
SiberianKiss
Frequent Poster

they did a UM segment on the OJ Simpson murders??????

no they didn't! no way...lol i need to see this episode

hahahahhaha this is the funniest thing I've ever read. A UNSOLVE MYSTERIES segment on the murders of Ron and Nicole. What was the unsolved mystery?

somebody please tell me, what did the segment show and what could Robert Stack possibly have said?
Old 12-13-2006, 05:29 AM   #43
SiberianKiss
Frequent Poster

wait wait i bet i know what the OJ segment covered.

Robert Stack: "Experts are wondering how the 12 jurors are able to breathe and walk when the not guilty verdict proved their brains don't function."

*cue the creepy music*
Old 12-13-2006, 10:05 AM   #44
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianKiss
they did a UM segment on the OJ Simpson murders??????

no they didn't! no way...lol i need to see this episode

hahahahhaha this is the funniest thing I've ever read. A UNSOLVE MYSTERIES segment on the murders of Ron and Nicole. What was the unsolved mystery?

somebody please tell me, what did the segment show and what could Robert Stack possibly have said?
The segment aired in November 1996 (when the civil trial was taking place). It posed the question of whether the police could have planted the evidence. Vincent Bugliosi and Alan Dershowitz debated on the issue in the segment, which showed a variety of archive footage related to the case.

When that segment was later repeated (after OJ was found liable in the civil trial), it included a new ending in which Robert Stack noted that it was a case with "no winners" and "two families forever ruined." He then added the fact that OJ was acquitted of Ron and Nicole's murder, and found liable in their deaths.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:21 PM   #45
siamesemeg
incapable of thought or speech
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
I don't blame you for mentioning the OJ segment. In fact, in his book Outrage, Vincent Bugliosi wrote: "Anyone who says this case is a mystery and Simpson might actually be innocent is either being disingenous - a euphemistic way of saying he or she is lying - or is suffering from a severe intellectual hernia, or is just not aware of the evidence. I know of no fourth option."
Vincent Bugliosi is a legal rock star in my book. I haven't read Outrage because I really couldn't take any further info on the Simpson case, so I appreciate your take on it, Kane. What a great quote.

My vote for a segment that never should have been made is - and I hope I'm not making this up, or have the wrong show here - the one where a woman came home to find an intruder in her house and ran away to call police. When the police came, they were surprised that the intruder had not moved from the spot "he" was in, and eventually got close enough to realize that "he" was a mannequin.

Wait, was that Forensic Files or something?
siamesemeg is offline   Reply With Quote