Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post > Trading Post - Archives - Read-Only

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-20-2004, 04:48 PM   #1
cwangel77
Occasional Poster

Default Beware of Bad Trader

I ordered some tapes of the New Leave it to Beaver from Carl Honomichl. His website is http://www.geocities.com/bigcvideos. I paid for the tapes through PayPal and verified that the payment went through. He told me my tapes were being sent out on a certain date, but they never arrived. I started emailing him and his responses were giving me the run around whenever I did receive an email from him. I contacted PayPal and they informed me that since it had been more than thirty (30) days, there was nothing they could do. Beware if anyone buys anything from this trader, because he is good at giving you the run around until there is nothing you can do to get your money, then he quits emailing you all together. His contact information is as follows:

Carl Honomichl
329 s. 12th #3
salina, ks

I also take paypal at my wife's email

blue_eyed_kansas_beauty@yahoo.com

Hope this helps others from not getting ripped off like I did.
Christina
Old 07-20-2004, 06:58 PM   #2
Agent 13

You're not alone. I easily found bad trader information on this guy at google's main group page, dating back to 1998: http://www.google.com/grphp?hl=en&ta...-8&oe=UTF-8&q=

Jen

Last edited by Agent 13; 07-20-2004 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:34 PM   #3
Bigcvideos
Gunmsmoke Nut!!
Frequent Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to Bigcvideos

I have sent these tapes to christina twice and niether had came back to me, as far as answering emails I don't always have time to answer all of them. As for with with from 1998 I admit that I had a shakey begining when I started trading but I have set everything straight with every one of them. I had stoped trading til about a year ago since then I've built up a some good ref's. I can be slow sometimes very slow And I do apoligize real life gets in the way and I put my hobby on the back burner. I have stoped trading for the most part I take a sale in every now and then just to get a few extra bucks. Christina I have sent you and email Please give me 2 weeks I will have you another set out with confirmation # via priotry mail I finishing up this last sale of 8 tapes for another trader. Agent 13 if you see fit to ban me I understand and have no problem I have been thinking of retiring for good from trading anyway with the growing rate of traders wanting dvd or vcd's I can seem to get many trades/sales anyway I'm not sure yet though. I will not rip anyone off though I have a few good ref's on this board If I have done anyone wrong please let me know I would like to make it right with you even though it might take me awhile do it. my email does not always work post here if need be.

bigcvideos@yahoo.com

Last edited by Bigcvideos; 07-20-2004 at 11:53 PM.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:53 AM   #4
Agent 13

Bigcvideos,
Quote:
Originally posted by Bigcvideos
... Agent 13 if you see fit to ban me I understand...
I do not have the authority to ban people. TJ does the banning, but there has to be much provocation, not just one complaint on this board.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bigcvideos
If I have done anyone wrong please let me know I would like to make it right with you even though it might take me awhile do it...
Restitution - this is what I like to hear. Using delivery confirmation will ease some of the responsibility.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:10 PM   #5
cwangel77
Occasional Poster

Default FINALLY RECEIVED TAPES

After three months of waiting, I have finally received the tapes. In addition, he included a couple extras that I wanted from his collection to make up for longevity of shipment.

The tape quality is really good. If you do trade with him, just make sure you get confirmation numbers on his shipments. I appreciate him finally mailing my tapes, I just don't understand how if he sent out the other two shipments they didn't get to me and this one did right away.

Carl, thank you for sending me the tapes.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:27 PM   #6
Agent 13

Exclamation Red flag

Even when dealing with my regular traders, I always use delivery confirmation. In shipping thousands of packages with tape trading and our on-line book business, I haven't yet had a package not arrive.

If I had a trader claim two packages were lost and they hadn't used delivery confirmation to prove it, that'd send up red flags in my mind. Delivery confirmation helps keep dishonest traders honest and honest traders honest.

Jen
Old 08-08-2004, 09:52 PM   #7
storrs19
B&W TV Lover
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to storrs19 Send a message via MSN to storrs19

I always ship UPS. It is just as cheap as Priority Mail and usually faster. Plus, both the seller & buyer can track teh package across the country and see who signed for it and when. This is also handy when paying off a past debt with a nasty bill collector.
This I know from experience.