Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #91
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
I haven't read up on the case in while and the main thread is very long.

Off the top of your head (not necessary to research if you don't feel like it), does anyone recall Darin's state of dress during these attacks?

It seems I remember reading that he was asleep upstairs with the youngest child, a baby, and Darlie was asleep downstairs with the two older boys.

During the attacks, she screamed for Darin to wake up and come save them. He came downstairs fully dressed - Jeans, shirt, glasses, etc, and maybe even shoes?

Is this right? Am I remembering that correctly?
I thought Darin ran down wearing a t-shirt and jeans, IIRC. And yes he was upstairs with the youngest boy while Darlie slept downstairs with the two older boys.

As for Darlie's bruises, there was testimony at her trial that those pictures taken of her (the ones with the bruises on her arms and legs) were taken four days after the murders. No one at the hospital recorded any such bruises when she was taken there later that night.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #92
Dobby
Occasional Poster

Default Where should i start?

1. Blond wig hair was found at the crime scene, Darlies hair was natural and she wore no wigs. No wigs were even found in the house

2. Unidentified foot prints were found

3 Unidentified blood was found

4. A sock or some type of clothing with one of childs blood was found blocks away

5. A rumor floating around says police framed Darlie due to the real killer being linked to someone higher up in the department possibly the Chief of Police or in the Sheriffs office

6. http://darliefacts.com/evidence/
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #93
Spark Of Spirit
Forum Regular

That's definitely a good rumor. A person who randomly struck a house to kill two kids and strike a mother once and then never attack anyone again with his hunger to kill two random children finally satiated after years of hunger for blood. Does that seem worth covering up to you? Or do you really believe the police would throw an innocent mother into jail to protect a man who stabbed two children to death? That every police officer would conspire to protect this person?

Is it just me or is it always when there are no viable suspects in a case that it always has to be a crooked cop that apparently every other cop is fine with covering for because hey murdering kids is okay! How often does this actually happen?

Give me an actual name or description of a possible suspect and I'll consider it. Not phantoms from 80s cop movies. This is my biggest problem with the case and you'd figure after so many years they'd have a stronger idea than vague maybes.
“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton
Spark Of Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:38 PM   #94
Dobby
Occasional Poster

I think she needs to rely on all the Un identified blood? Everyone linked to case was tested including Darlie? So if she is guilty who the hell does that blood that was found belong too?

And why is the prosecution fighting to not have it tested?

Nobody wants to answer these questions
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #95
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby
I think she needs to rely on all the Un identified blood? Everyone linked to case was tested including Darlie? So if she is guilty who the hell does that blood that was found belong too?

And why is the prosecution fighting to not have it tested?

Nobody wants to answer these questions
"Unidentified blood" does not automatically mean that there was an intruder. The blood could have been contaminated, degraded, etc. to produce an "unidentified" result. The prosecution does not want to waste time and money on a test when they already have the right person behind bars. There's a very huge possibility that if they did retest the blood it would come back as had coming from Darlie or one of her two children. Not to mention Darlie never said she struck the attacker in any way, shape, or form so just how would the attacker have bled at the scene?

The one question no Darlie supporter wants to answer is why was her DNA found on the inside of the sock that was found in the alley behind their house? And another question they fail to answer: the Routier's backyard had a gate that was broken, and it was wrapped with wire to keep it shut...the police found the fence and gate undisturbed and the wire was still in place, so how in the world did the "intruder" get out of the backyard?
Old 09-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #96
dks64
Forum Regular

While things do tend to point to her guilt more than her innocence, wouldn't it be horrific if she didn't do it and she's in jail for these deaths? Not only did she lose her boys, she lost her freedom.
dks64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #97
Victoria81
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dks64
While things do tend to point to her guilt more than her innocence, wouldn't it be horrific if she didn't do it and she's in jail for these deaths? Not only did she lose her boys, she lost her freedom.

I thought she was innocent when they said a guy was going through houses in the same manner.
Victoria81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #98
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
ETA: The Darlie is innocent crowd are quick to point out her "life threatening" injuries. But in reading over some overviews of the case, everyone involved agrees that Darlie stood around AFTER the police and paramedics arrived and actually talked to investigators outside after her boys were taken to the hospital. Had her injuries been life threatening, she would have been taken to the hospital immediately.
In terms of life-threatening injuries, I thought Routier did sustain a slash wound that came within two millimeters of her carotid artery. I never did ascertain whether that was substantiated by exam documentation. Regardless, I will be quick to add that she is not a healthcare professional, nor does she have any specialized knowledge of human anatomy, by all accounts.

I think that the location and angle of that slash wound makes it appear more self-inflicted than anything else. Is Routier right-handed?

There is also a world of difference between the violent stabbing the boys endured and died from, and the slash wounds and bruising Routier was treated for.

Reminds me of another case in which the adult sustained largely superficial and survivable wounds and the children were quite frankly butchered.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #99
Spark Of Spirit
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria81
I thought she was innocent when they said a guy was going through houses in the same manner.
Which guy was this?

Are you talking about Sammie Luckas Cook? Because you might want to read this post:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...0&postcount=43

Quote:
Yes, there was a rapist operating around the time of the Routier murders. His name is Sammie Luckas Cook, Jr., and he was convicted of five rapes in Dallas. The defense mentioned him in their Writ of Habeus Corpus as a potential suspect that was never investigated by the police. During the assaults, Cook attempted to conceal his fingerprints by wearing a tube sock around his hand; sometimes he would use the sock as a gag. The defense believed there might be a connection to the tube sock found on the sidewalk, several houses down. However, Cook’s modus operandi was significantly different from what occurred at the Routier crime scene.

Cook began his crime spree in December of 1995. He raped only in the city of Dallas, miles away from the Routier home. He targeted only apartment complexes, not detached homes. Cook would break into an apartment, and obtain any objects that could be used as a potential weapon (i.e., knife, scissors, fork). He would always rob his victims and sexual assault them. In one case, he held a fork to a child in order to subdue the female adult victim into acquiescing to his demands. He never stabbed the child though, or any of his other victims, and he was always loud during the attacks to appear threatening. Sometimes Cook wore a condom, but there were times that he did not, and his DNA was eventually able to connect him to the rapes. Lastly, Cook is African-American, while Darlie claimed that the intruder was a Caucasian male (later she claimed not to remember what he looked like at all). By the time Darlie was on trial, Cook had already been caught and arrested.
If that's who you're talking about then I don't know what to tell you. There was no one in the area going through houses in the way the Routier home was found. So basically this mystery person struck a random home to kill two children and wound a mother then never struck in the area again.
Spark Of Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #100
wiseguy182

This case bares resemable to Jeff McDonald for several reasons.

While it may be true that the boys suffered more extensive wounds than Darlie (and in that same manner, Jeff McDonald's children suffered more wounds then he did), it's important to note that adults are more likely to put up a fight to fend off their attacker then children. I think it's entirely possible Darlie put up more resistance than the attacker was expecting and he/she/them decided to flee, which would explain why Darlie wasn't killed.

I recorded an American Justice episode on this case. I need to watch it again, I'm sure it's got some stuff the UM segment didn't.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #101
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
In terms of life-threatening injuries, I thought Routier did sustain a slash wound that came within two millimeters of her carotid artery. I never did ascertain whether that was substantiated by exam documentation. Regardless, I will be quick to add that she is not a healthcare professional, nor does she have any specialized knowledge of human anatomy, by all accounts.
I believe this was something created by her mother. Her mother claims that a doctor told her that the distance between the slash wound and her artery was "paper thin". There was testimony at her trial that said her wounds were superficial, and that the cut on her neck did not penetrate any muscle, only skin and fat.

As for her bruises on her arms, nobody finds it odd that there is massive swelling and bruising on the inside of her arms, yet no damage or bruising on her face?! Wouldn't the attacker want to strike Darlie somewhere near or around the head instead of the inside of her left arm? Makes no sense to me.

ETA: I watched some program on the forbidden site about Darlie, and when Darlie was brought in for questioning the investigator started to accuse her of murdering her sons the first thing out of her mouth was, "well if I did it I don't remember".
Old 09-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #102
Wawwie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986

ETA: I watched some program on the forbidden site about Darlie, and when Darlie was brought in for questioning the investigator started to accuse her of murdering her sons the first thing out of her mouth was, "well if I did it I don't remember".
I saw that too. I find it hard to believe that any innocent person would say something like that. However, I also find it hard to believe that Darin wasn't somehow involved. That bloody sock that was found in the alley had a fiber on it that matched Darin's tennis shoes.
Wawwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #103
PKB
Frequent Poster

If I were on the jury I would not have convicted. My guts says she's guilty but I would need something pretty concrete and irrefutable in order to send someone to prison. Or in the case of Texas, send them to death.

As for the slash wound... Perhaps the mother is remembering what she would want to remember in order to exonerate her daughter. Memory is not a recording, it is interpretation.

That said, it wouldn't take much of a throat slash to come very close to the carotid or jugular and what could reasonably called "paper close" and at the same time be rather superficial. There's a lot of real important stuff and not much room in the neck.

As a medic I was trained to perform cricothyrotomy which is an emergency airway procedure to gain access to the airway via a small incision in the neck. I have never had to perform one in combat but I have done supportive care of an Iraqi that had to have one performed. It would be pretty easy to pinch the outer layers of skin/fat on the neck and slash it well out of the way of any major blood vessels but still leave a rather nasty injury.

In short, I think it is conceivable that all these wounds are self inflicted. But without anything concrete tying her to the murders I could not say beyond a reasonable doubt that she is guilty though I believe she did commit the crime.
PKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #104
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKB
It would be pretty easy to pinch the outer layers of skin/fat on the neck and slash it well out of the way of any major blood vessels but still leave a rather nasty injury.
That is something that crossed my mind as well.
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #105
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie
I saw that too. I find it hard to believe that any innocent person would say something like that. However, I also find it hard to believe that Darin wasn't somehow involved. That bloody sock that was found in the alley had a fiber on it that matched Darin's tennis shoes.
The only thing I think Darin is guilty of is being delusional. He definitely does not come across as a grieving father in most of his interviews, and seems more concerned with clearing Darlie rather than catching the real killers. Darlie does the same thing in jailhouse interviews. She constantly wants to prove that she's innocent, but makes no mention of finding the real killer.