Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #61
RobinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
But at best I feel that this is a 50/50 case. I don't see how a person can be on death row under these circumstances.
IMHO, I'd say it's maybe about 80/20 in favour of Darlie's guilt, but I also concur that I have no desire to see her executed. No matter how heinous the crime may be, that 20 % doubt would still leave me feeling very uncomfortable about actually going through with the execution. I don't think Darlie's ever getting out, but given how controversial this case is, I doubt the state will ever execute her.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #62
mike890
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBevis

Second, most people insisted that Darlie's injuries were self-inflicted and non-life threatening, but closer analysis revealed that the knife wound in her neck would have killed her if it had been just as little as 1/16 of an inch deeper, and I just don't see how Darlie could have known to stop it right where she did.

I dont really see how that is relevant. Just because it was close to being a fatal wound doesnt mean it couldnt be self inflicted. She simply had no idea that she was close to clipping a main artery.
The story Darlie told makes no sense. The kids were killed with brutal stabs while Darlie received a few slashes. Why would anyone attack the little boys first when an adult is laying right next to them?
How plausible is it that someone broke into the house and then retrieved a knife from the kitchen in order to commit the crime?
There are many more inconsistencies and I have no doubt she is guilty. My only question is if Darin had anything to do with it or the attempted coverup.
mike890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #63
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike890
I dont really see how that is relevant. Just because it was close to being a fatal wound doesnt mean it couldnt be self inflicted. She simply had no idea that she was close to clipping a main artery.
The story Darlie told makes no sense. The kids were killed with brutal stabs while Darlie received a few slashes. Why would anyone attack the little boys first when an adult is laying right next to them?
How plausible is it that someone broke into the house and then retrieved a knife from the kitchen in order to commit the crime?
There are many more inconsistencies and I have no doubt she is guilty. My only question is if Darin had anything to do with it or the attempted coverup.
The thing that bothers me about this case is that she appears to have injuries that could be defensive wounds from a struggle. I'd imagine the boys couldn't resist an attacker with as much effort as she could have since she is a grown adult. This makes some sense to me.

The question is motive but as we've seen some people are just ruthless and will kill for no apparent reason. Now this is speculation on my part. But why were the pictures of her injuries not allowed in court? Is this true or did the jury see the photos.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #64
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheRaaa
I recently saw another show on Darlie (I think maybe Notorious or Women Behind Bars), and something I'd not known before was brought up: when she was on the 911 call, apparently one of her little boys was still alive (barely).

When you listen to the 911 call, you can hear Darlie immediately start talking about an intruder, rather than "omg operator what do I do to save my little boy, CPR or do I try to stop the blood flow or what?"

It's actually quite chilling to listen to when you're presented with the fact that while she's jabbering about this stealth intruder, her little son is gasping for life in the next room...and she's not trying to help him survive...
This is exactly the problem I have with the way the state convicted her. They looked at her reaction and judged her behavior during and after the event to form an opinion of guilt. They stocked her and focused 100% on her from day 1. How many other UM cases were just like this were it came out later that they did have the wrong person. Is there a textbook out there for reactions to these types of events? The fact is no one knows how they would react to a situation like this unless it happens. It's easy for us to judge but its completely different when something actually happens and most people respond to chaos and tragedy in different ways. Many people don't even know what they are doing or what they actually saw. This is why so many eye witness accounts are unreliable. I've also heard that it is common for women to block out or lose memory of tragic events that happen to them. I don't know how true that is but psychologists have said that this can happen.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #65
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
IMHO, I'd say it's maybe about 80/20 in favour of Darlie's guilt, but I also concur that I have no desire to see her executed. No matter how heinous the crime may be, that 20 % doubt would still leave me feeling very uncomfortable about actually going through with the execution. I don't think Darlie's ever getting out, but given how controversial this case is, I doubt the state will ever execute her.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:58 AM   #66
Necco

I think she's guilty as sin.

But I think she got railroaded at trial.
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:52 AM   #67
scc1222
Forum Regular

yes the jury saw the photos.check the websleuths.com forum for more info.some of the posters there are highly informed about the case.it's just like LE said,the photos were there.
While I think Darlie is guilty,I do think Darin has something to hide,thus his pretending to defend her,esp. in the early days.I thought he came off as untruthful and highly defensive in the segment,esp. the part about denying they had financial problems,which of course they did.Just something about him does not sit right with me.JMO.
scc1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #68
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
The thing that bothers me about this case is that she appears to have injuries that could be defensive wounds from a struggle. I'd imagine the boys couldn't resist an attacker with as much effort as she could have since she is a grown adult. This makes some sense to me.

The question is motive but as we've seen some people are just ruthless and will kill for no apparent reason. Now this is speculation on my part. But why were the pictures of her injuries not allowed in court? Is this true or did the jury see the photos.
I haven't been keeping up with this case anymore but the last I read about Darlie's defensive wounds (dark purple bruising covering a large part of her arms, among other things) it was said that there were thousands of photos, all were admitted into evidence, but there were so many that the jury didn't take the time to go through all of them.

One of my concerns was that the photos used by the prosecution actually show severe bruising that look like Darlie had had her wrists restrained by a person's hands and that someone beat her arms until they were so purple they were nearly black. It takes a great amount of trauma to cause such deep bruising.

People who say Darlie is guilty claim that the prosecution's photos were obtained by Darlie's sympathizers after the trial, were photoshopped to make the bruising look much worse than it was, then were uploaded to the pro-Darlie website to make it look like she's been attacked when she hadn't.

Who knows what to believe, with all this crazy information being circulated online. IMO, there were WAY too many mistakes in her original trial and she deserves another trial where the Bleach Blonde Rowlett Police Officer's hair found at the scene is not admitted into court evidence as proof that Darlie poked her head through a sliced window screen.... plus a whole bunch of other stuff.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #69
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

I'm still waiting on the results of the DNA tests they allegedly performed earlier this year.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #70
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
I haven't been keeping up with this case anymore but the last I read about Darlie's defensive wounds (dark purple bruising covering a large part of her arms, among other things) it was said that there were thousands of photos, all were admitted into evidence, but there were so many that the jury didn't take the time to go through all of them.

One of my concerns was that the photos used by the prosecution actually show severe bruising that look like Darlie had had her wrists restrained by a person's hands and that someone beat her arms until they were so purple they were nearly black. It takes a great amount of trauma to cause such deep bruising.

People who say Darlie is guilty claim that the prosecution's photos were obtained by Darlie's sympathizers after the trial, were photoshopped to make the bruising look much worse than it was, then were uploaded to the pro-Darlie website to make it look like she's been attacked when she hadn't.

Who knows what to believe, with all this crazy information being circulated online. IMO, there were WAY too many mistakes in her original trial and she deserves another trial where the Bleach Blonde Rowlett Police Officer's hair found at the scene is not admitted into court evidence as proof that Darlie poked her head through a sliced window screen.... plus a whole bunch of other stuff.
I agree. Good post. I don't want to give people the idea that I think she's innocent. I just have doubts.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #71
mike890
Frequent Poster

Quote:

It just doesnt add up regardless of her wounds. She claimed she was sleeping downstairs because the baby's crying would keep her up but she slept while her sons were brutally murdered a couple feet from her. Attacking two small children who are not much of a physical threat before going after the adult sleeping three feet away is nonsensical especially when coupled with the fact that the murder weapon came from the kitchen.

Although I have no doubt she is guilty, it is obvious that anyone accused of murdering a child is going to have a hard time getting any public support regardless of the evidence.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:17 AM   #72
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

The 80's and 90's where the witchhunt days for child abusers. Some of the accused were innocent, like Patricia Stallings for example. They went after her aggressively when her son Ryan became ill and eventually died. Eventually, they found he died from a metabolic disorder and wasn't poisoned but the damage was already done to the Stallings family. That is sort of how I feel about the Routier case. To me, Darlie's case seems to be on both sides of the fence than to say she's either 100% guilty or 100% innocent. Courts in today's world don't care about truth or what is right, they just want to win cases and get the money. If they can prove she is innocent, great. If they can't prove innocence with 100% certainty, then she belongs in prison. I can't wait to find out the results of the recent DNA tests, I want to know the truth, right or wrong.
1990 UM fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #73
mike890
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 UM fan
Courts in today's world don't care about truth or what is right

That is one thing that irks me about many prosecuting attorneys. They look at getting a conviction is just another step at advancing their career and reputation and are willing to act unethically to get a conviction. You see it all the time when convictions are overturned. It seems that unethical behavior is common and the idea of justice is lost.
Im not saying that Darlie Routier is a victim of misconduct but there is no doubt that a case as publicized as hers can put a lot of pressure on a prosecutor to get a conviction.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #74
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 UM fan
Courts in today's world don't care about truth or what is right, they just want to win cases and get the money.
I find that statement immensely reactionary, and moreover, simply untrue.

"Courts" do not receive compensation; attorneys do. Some lawyers are motivated largely by compensation, but again, so are others in just about every profession. It's akin to claiming ALL police officers aren't concerned with enforcing the law; they just want to shake people down and take bribes.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #75
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike890
That is one thing that irks me about many prosecuting attorneys. They look at getting a conviction is just another step at advancing their career and reputation and are willing to act unethically to get a conviction. You see it all the time when convictions are overturned.
That is presupposing all convictions are overturned because the convicts are innocent--which isn't always the case.

The sweeping generalizations are a little tiresome.
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote