Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: A Look at the Party of Five Reboot; The Simpsons Not Ending Soon, Says Producer
Dove Channel Brings Out Holiday Classics; CW Gets DC Universe Series with Sitcom Star

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-03-2009, 09:41 AM   #31
Mastermind

Although I believe Mark Nichol is guilty as sin, I do tend to think people look into his performance in UM a little too much as being damning.

Mark Nichols is from the South, and has a drawl. I think a lot of his performance is due to his background more than anything.

There are lot of other things to prove him as being guilty.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:30 AM   #32
Oldschooler81
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
Although I believe Mark Nichol is guilty as sin, I do tend to think people look into his performance in UM a little too much as being damning.

Mark Nichols is from the South, and has a drawl. I think a lot of his performance is due to his background more than anything.

There are lot of other things to prove him as being guilty.
True, he probably always had that deep southern accent and wasn't that sharp to begin with. I personally go by his behavior more than anything, even before they got the the part about Christie disappearing - i.e. his explanation for pushing her down in "self defense".
Oldschooler81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #33
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mphs95

I think unfortunately, luck is on this man's side until her bones can be found. He probably hid the body somewhere like in water or something. It is a possibility he put the body somewhere and years later moved it again to Montana, but until she's found, we'll never know.

I feel sorry for his kids more than anything. One, for the fact that their mother left their life when they were no more than toddlers, and for the fact their father probably did it.
mphs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #34
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschooler81
True, he probably always had that deep southern accent and wasn't that sharp to begin with. I personally go by his behavior more than anything, even before they got the the part about Christie disappearing - i.e. his explanation for pushing her down in "self defense".
I don't intend to be obnoxius, but Mark Nichols' accent is definitely not southern. He speaks a pronounced rural Midwestern dialect, as evidenced by his annunication. If I knew nothing about where he could possibly be from, I would place him in northern Missouri, southern to central Illinois (maybe Indiana), or southern Nebraska (where Gothenburg is indeed located).

Sorry. I'm kind of a linguistics dork.

Interesting point that's lingering beneath the surface, though. Do we as Americans trust people less when they have thick southern accents?

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:01 AM   #35
Oldschooler81
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
I don't intend to be obnoxius, but Mark Nichols' accent is definitely not southern. He speaks a pronounced rural Midwestern dialect, as evidenced by his annunication. If I knew nothing about where he could possibly be from, I would place him in northern Missouri, southern to central Illinois (maybe Indiana), or southern Nebraska (where Gothenburg is indeed located).

Sorry. I'm kind of a linguistics dork.

Interesting point that's lingering beneath the surface, though. Do we as Americans trust people less when they have thick southern accents?
LOL, no worries, I'm pretty analytical with stuff too.

Now that I think about it, you're right. He doesn't sound like Texas southern or anything. Maybe from my California perspective I was lumping them together a little bit subconsciously.

However you slice it though, he sounds ignorant. Even in the .00000001% chance he's not guilty, he's not exactly the nicest or brightest guy in the world either.
Oldschooler81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #36
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschooler81
LOL, no worries, I'm pretty analytical with stuff too.

Now that I think about it, you're right. He doesn't sound like Texas southern or anything. Maybe from my California perspective I was lumping them together a little bit subconsciously.

However you slice it though, he sounds ignorant. Even in the .00000001% chance he's not guilty, he's not exactly the nicest or brightest guy in the world either.
Oh, I agree--he's dumber than a brick. I mean, if you're going to lie, at least take some time fabricating a halfway believable scenario. And don't draw any more suspicion to yourself than what's already there. Moving out the DAY AFTER your wife goes missing? Good one. Mark Nichols has to be one of UM's worst liars of all time.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:51 AM   #37
mark10
Frequent Poster

I'm surprised that his kids (who must be in their 20's now) haven't pressed Mark Nichols as to where their mother is. I would definitely be having a word or two with Mark in private if I was one of his son's.
mark10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:35 AM   #38
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

Just a general question: Is that Mark nichols playinghimself in the reenactments or is it an actor? And not only in the reenactments, but is that him shown p[umping gas and taking cash at the gast station?

And for anyone who can remember life waaaayyy back in 1987, remember when gas station attendants actually existed?
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:42 AM   #39
Mastermind

Quote:
I'm surprised that his kids (who must be in their 20's now) haven't pressed Mark Nichols as to where their mother is. I would definitely be having a word or two with Mark in private if I was one of his son's.

1. considering that he killed their mother, the boys might be a little scared that their father might kill again to keep her murder a secret. heck maybe he threatened to kill them if they told.

2. OJ's children never ratted him out. Some kids still love their fathers no matter what he;'s done.

3. Maybe he did tell them what happened. Maybe they confronted him and he confessed. The kids might have decided not to do anything for reasons of their own.

4. It wouldn;t help the kids financially or personally to be sons of a convicted murderer. That kind of stigma could follow them all throughout life.

5. Considering who their father is, these kids may not be the smartest apples in the room. They probably believed anything their daddy told them.

Quote:
Sorry. I knew that the moment I finished posting it that Mark was from Nebraska, not down south.

Ah, what do I know. I'm from Connecticut. Anybody that doesn't speak like us, is considered southern or from Boston.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:34 PM   #40
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
Sorry. I knew that the moment I finished posting it that Mark was from Nebraska, not down south.

Ah, what do I know. I'm from Connecticut. Anybody that doesn't speak like us, is considered southern or from Boston.
Ah, no problem at all. Like I said, I'm kind of a linguistics dork, especially American dialects. For years I used to think anyone that didn't sound like me had to be a so-called "yankee", which is typically an ignorant and catch-all term in and of itself. You could say I thought everyone "had that northern accent pretty bad."
Old 05-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #41
JRA2000TL
Frequent Poster

Travel around as much as I do and nobody has an accent--except Bostonians and those south Louisiana people that talk Cajun. Most say I don't have an accent and I've grown up in the South my whole life. I'm sure I slip every now and then and an accent might come out, but otherwise not really. It's weird because I've heard maybe 2 people say I have a Southern accent, 1 thought I was from the RI area (huh?!), and others say neutral.
JRA2000TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #42
MegtheEgg86

Mine's fairly distinct--enough to make someone say, "Whoa, holy accent!" It would probably be a heavy one if I hadn't gone to college or joined the Army (thus exposing myself to people from all over). Curiously, I get asked if I'm a Texan all the time....and I don't have that drawl at all. It's a mountain twang.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:37 PM   #43
mark10
Frequent Poster

For the kid's sake, I hope it's #5, because if it's anything from 1-4, they need their heads examined.
mark10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:49 PM   #44
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Well to be honest, those kids have grown up with Mark Nichols and heard his version of events for over twenty years. My guess is they have been brainwashed and been told stuff so many times they believe it. They probably fully believe that their mom ran off and abandoned them and is still alive somewhere. No Mark did not play himself but the guy that played him looked almost identical to him. Mark I believe is from Arkansas originally that is why his accent is the way it is. I also think besides the fact he was not the brightest bulb to begin with it seemed to me he was intoxicated or under the influence of something when he was interviewed by UM.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #45
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

Well no use playing the devils advocate for no reason, the guy is guilty as the day is long. There just seems to be no reason whatsoever that she would run away. Granted, it has happened in the past that a loved one has taken off on their own accord and never called anyone since but it's a huge step to take in order to do that leaving behind your roots.

Christy is pegged as a woman with low self esteem by her own mother. In all honesty a woman like that would have a hard time starting a life of her own and NEVER calling her folks just once. So I rule out the disappearance. Personally I've never gotten the impression Mark did it himself. He seems too dumb to cover up his own crime. But I do think he hired someone to do it, therefore his excuse is only his alibi and the half hearted attempt to look for her that day
Clockworkhigh is offline   Reply With Quote