Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-26-2019, 06:52 AM   #166
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I have zero doubt that Mark Nichols killed Christi. I think one major reason as to why he wasn't charged was that note found in Christi's car about her leaving and coming back around Christmas. The one oddity about this case that I can't ever seem to rectify is that according to Christi's family as well as Mark, the day prior to Christi's disappearance was very tense. Mark says that she was acting angry with him the entire day. But that night they go out and play pool together and hang out at a bar?

Also slightly OT: has anyone else noticed the acoustic guitar themed version of the UM theme playing at certain points in the UM segment? I actually like it a lot.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:32 AM   #167
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
I have zero doubt that Mark Nichols killed Christi. I think one major reason as to why he wasn't charged was that note found in Christi's car about her leaving and coming back around Christmas. The one oddity about this case that I can't ever seem to rectify is that according to Christi's family as well as Mark, the day prior to Christi's disappearance was very tense. Mark says that she was acting angry with him the entire day. But that night they go out and play pool together and hang out at a bar?
To quote from CD's blog, the note read: I want you to know I will probably be leaving after Christmas and I will try not to see or talk to you until then. It will all work out somehow. Im really sorry. To me, this implies she is leaving Mark after Christmas but she isn't leaving now. I can see how Mark's supporters would twist this, however the way I read this is she is telling her boyfriend that she is going to play it cool until after the holidays (which makes some sense) and then leave him after that, and then they can be together. This doesn't imply, at least to me, that she has already left.

I agree the note probably helped throw suspicion off Mark for some people, but after reading CD's blog, I don't think the local cops every looked too hard at Mark either. I'm curious if the county or state police ever got involved. Probably not, as this was technically just a "missing person" and I'm sure Mark (and possibly his family) and the local cops framed it as a disgruntled wife who took off. This is where I'm sure the note helped their case but also her meeting with doctors, lawyers, and counselors. As sick as it is, I bet they used her getting help against her and said she was seeing all these people so she could leave while downplaying the abuse and the real reason for her leaving.

I'm guessing either Mark demanded one more night out as a condition of her seeing the kids, or the police chief/counselor just told her to make nice. Since she wasn't getting any traction with leaving, I'm sure she was just buying time and trying not to make waves. I bet Mark demanded it to show people (the cops) that he was a good husband and they were getting along fine. When the night ended, either she had enough of the charade or he pushed too far and demanded sex.

The only physical evidence I'm having trouble rectifying is the blood in the house (a.k.a. the "menstrual" blood). After she left that night, I don't think Christi ever made in back in that house alive, which is why the babysitter only saw Mark. I think the murder was committed in the car or outside but not in the house. That blood must be from a previous injury. The only other possibility in my mind is that Christi was beaten and in the car and he brought her in after the babysitter left. However I can't see him leaving her out there to yell or run off unless he knew she wasn't going anywhere.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:00 AM   #168
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller View Post
To quote from CD's blog, the note read: I want you to know I will probably be leaving after Christmas and I will try not to see or talk to you until then. It will all work out somehow. Im really sorry. To me, this implies she is leaving Mark after Christmas but she isn't leaving now. I can see how Mark's supporters would twist this, however the way I read this is she is telling her boyfriend that she is going to play it cool until after the holidays (which makes some sense) and then leave him after that, and then they can be together. This doesn't imply, at least to me, that she has already left.
I never thought about the note being written for Mark, but that actually does make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller
I agree the note probably helped throw suspicion off Mark for some people, but after reading CD's blog, I don't think the local cops every looked too hard at Mark either. I'm curious if the county or state police ever got involved. Probably not, as this was technically just a "missing person" and I'm sure Mark (and possibly his family) and the local cops framed it as a disgruntled wife who took off. This is where I'm sure the note helped their case but also her meeting with doctors, lawyers, and counselors. As sick as it is, I bet they used her getting help against her and said she was seeing all these people so she could leave while downplaying the abuse and the real reason for her leaving.
I think the local police honestly believed she up and left Mark. The UM segment specifically states that when she didn't return after 11 months they turned the investigation over to the State Patrol who definitely viewed Mark as a suspect.

Quote:
I'm guessing either Mark demanded one more night out as a condition of her seeing the kids, or the police chief/counselor just told her to make nice. Since she wasn't getting any traction with leaving, I'm sure she was just buying time and trying not to make waves. I bet Mark demanded it to show people (the cops) that he was a good husband and they were getting along fine. When the night ended, either she had enough of the charade or he pushed too far and demanded sex.
Just seems weird to me. I could see them going out with the kids, but then going through the trouble of getting a babysitter and then going out while everyone (including the babysitter) knew that they were not getting along.

Quote:
The only physical evidence I'm having trouble rectifying is the blood in the house (a.k.a. the "menstrual" blood). After she left that night, I don't think Christi ever made in back in that house alive, which is why the babysitter only saw Mark. I think the murder was committed in the car or outside but not in the house. That blood must be from a previous injury. The only other possibility in my mind is that Christi was beaten and in the car and he brought her in after the babysitter left. However I can't see him leaving her out there to yell or run off unless he knew she wasn't going anywhere.
That's another oddity about this case for me: where did he kill her and where was her body at during his return from the bar? Did he callously kill her at some point after leaving the convenience store and then put her body in the trunk until the next day?
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 03:58 PM   #169
crystaldawn

To comment on a few things from my research Todd and TheCars...

I think Christi was making sure things stayed calm at home until she was able to leave and take the kids home. It is apparent that the police chief knew she met with the abuse counselor that day but I'm curious if he could have overheard Christi saying she would be back the next day with the kids. If Mark were somehow alerted to that, all hell would have broken loose.

I think the mentality back then was to not make waves, Christi was just supposed to be a nice girl and work on her marriage.

In my conversations with Christi's mother, we tend to think maybe when he arrived back at his house that night perhaps Christi was unconscious and he carried her into the bedroom, leaving the bloodstain. That might explain why he was so angered about seeing the teenager at the park. Mark was at the back of his house, maybe he had carried her in. That might also explain what he was doing the 2.5 hours he had to himself after he dropped the kids off at the grandmother's.

I couldn't help but notice the items Mark bought at the convenience store right before Christi went missing. Breakfast items. As if he knew he would have to feed his children that morning because their mother wouldn't be there to do it.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:20 AM   #170
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn View Post
My latest article tackles her disappearance. Lots of additional information.

https://lostnfoundblogs.com/f/christ...ked-for-murder
GREAT writeup CD! After reading it, I'm pretty sure Mark stole some lye, buried Christi in that spot where his parents were pouring the concrete pad, then tossed the lye in and hastily covered everything up.

As to the timeline, well, I'll leave that up to other people.

I wonder though if anything could be found under there after all this time though?? Definitely an interesting thought.
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 01:18 PM   #171
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

Quote:
To comment on a few things from my research Todd and TheCars...

I think Christi was making sure things stayed calm at home until she was able to leave and take the kids home. It is apparent that the police chief knew she met with the abuse counselor that day but I'm curious if he could have overheard Christi saying she would be back the next day with the kids. If Mark were somehow alerted to that, all hell would have broken loose.

I think the mentality back then was to not make waves, Christi was just supposed to be a nice girl and work on her marriage.

In my conversations with Christi's mother, we tend to think maybe when he arrived back at his house that night perhaps Christi was unconscious and he carried her into the bedroom, leaving the bloodstain. That might explain why he was so angered about seeing the teenager at the park. Mark was at the back of his house, maybe he had carried her in. That might also explain what he was doing the 2.5 hours he had to himself after he dropped the kids off at the grandmother's.

I couldn't help but notice the items Mark bought at the convenience store right before Christi went missing. Breakfast items. As if he knew he would have to feed his children that morning because their mother wouldn't be there to do it.
CrystalDawn,

I am loving some of these blog postings. This one especially. I am very similar to you where I find it very interesting to reach out to the family members or those involved w/ a case to hear their side of the story or items that may have been left out, etc. This case was very well done...many things I had no clue about and I for sure (not that I didn't already), know that Mark is responsible for her death. I really thing he "dumblucked" into the hiding spot, to why she hasn't been found yet. Question for you, what is the address of the house they shared together? I'd love to streetview it to see what it looks like today. Thanks!
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 07:58 PM   #172
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostedbyrobertstack View Post
CrystalDawn,

I am loving some of these blog postings. This one especially. I am very similar to you where I find it very interesting to reach out to the family members or those involved w/ a case to hear their side of the story or items that may have been left out, etc. This case was very well done...many things I had no clue about and I for sure (not that I didn't already), know that Mark is responsible for her death. I really thing he "dumblucked" into the hiding spot, to why she hasn't been found yet. Question for you, what is the address of the house they shared together? I'd love to streetview it to see what it looks like today. Thanks!
Thank you so much hostedbyrobertstack! As far as their house at the time, I believe it's 1906 Lake Ave in Gothenburg. The picture of it today of course looks quite a bit different than the picture I have in my article but it being 30+ years later that is to be expected. Also I'm not positive but I THINK the address of Mark Nichol's parents former house is 616 17th St. in Gothenburg. Both of his parents have since passed away.

Huskerz85 thank you!! Yes I think it would be interesting to get some ground penetrating radar to check out the "garage" that came to be soon after she went missing. Christi's mother thinks if the lye were used there aren't any remains left to find.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 08:31 PM   #173
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

Quote:
Thank you so much hostedbyrobertstack! As far as their house at the time, I believe it's 1906 Lake Ave in Gothenburg. The picture of it today of course looks quite a bit different than the picture I have in my article but it being 30+ years later that is to be expected. Also I'm not positive but I THINK the address of Mark Nichol's parents former house is 616 17th St. in Gothenburg. Both of his parents have since passed away.

Huskerz85 thank you!! Yes I think it would be interesting to get some ground penetrating radar to check out the "garage" that came to be soon after she went missing. Christi's mother thinks if the lye were used there aren't any remains left to find.
Thanks! I streetviewed that location, and it didn't seem to match up....however, on the other side of the street, a few houses down, there is 1815 Avenue E....streetview this if you can, this is the house and it still looks identical to the image from your article, almost no changes!
Old 09-22-2019, 08:52 AM   #174
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

Sorry, it's actually 1815 Lake Ave