Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: A Look at the Party of Five Reboot; The Simpsons Not Ending Soon, Says Producer
Dove Channel Brings Out Holiday Classics; CW Gets DC Universe Series with Sitcom Star

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

View Poll Results: Project Runway : Who do you think will win?
Michael Knight 9 75.00%
Jeffrey Sebelia 2 16.67%
Uli Herzner 0 0%
Laura Bennett 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2006, 09:50 PM   #16
Number 9 Dream
That '70s Girl

Send a message via AIM to Number 9 Dream Send a message via Yahoo to Number 9 Dream

Oh my god, the suspense is killing me, guys!!!!

I can't wait to find out!!!

Live a little
be a gypsy
get around

http://www.librarything.com/profile/skelterhelter

http://retrogirl82.dvdaf.com/owned

formerly Retrogirl82
Number 9 Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:04 PM   #17
tdf4077
JaJa

Send a message via AIM to tdf4077

Boooo!!!!

But, I would buy that dress the winner's model was wearing
Old 10-18-2006, 10:12 PM   #18
Number 9 Dream
That '70s Girl

Send a message via AIM to Number 9 Dream Send a message via Yahoo to Number 9 Dream

I hear ya (and agree with the dress comment).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf4077
Boooo!!!!

But, I would buy that dress the winner's model was wearing
Old 10-19-2006, 07:01 AM   #19
Jrnygrl

Oh No

I will never watch this show again.
Jrnygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:38 PM   #20
¤I Love Clay Aiken¤
MISS APRIL
Forum Legend

Location: Parsonsfield ME Shaws - Screwing my way up the employment ladder!
Send a message via AIM to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤ Send a message via Yahoo to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤

SO HAPPY Jeffrey won!! Ulis was good, but based on the season as a whole, he was the most consistent besides Michael. I wouldve preferred Kayne and Keith to win, but oh well.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:49 PM   #21
Central Perk
~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrnygrl
I will never watch this show again.
Why? The judges picked who they liked. With fashion, like anything you won't always agree with who wins.
Central Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:07 PM   #22
Jrnygrl

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Perk
Why? The judges picked who they liked. With fashion, like anything you won't always agree with who wins.
This is just my opinion, but the guy is a crappy designer. I didn't see on thing that I would buy from him. Again JMO!!!!!
Old 10-20-2006, 04:55 PM   #23
¤Graced¤
MBV
Forum Regular

I will admit that I was really pulling for Uli when it came down to a final two. But for the people who say they would never wear Jeffrey's outfits, Jeffrey and A LOT of other big designers do not make clothes for the average woman (or man), they make clothes that are mostly artistic pieces that a small select group of people can wear. Jeff's obviously not a Liz Claiborne type designer.

Anyways, a new season will begin in a few months, we can forget about Jeffrey, just like Jay and Chloe, and get to see more designers. It's just entertainment.
¤Graced¤ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:59 PM   #24
Jrnygrl

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by ¤Graced¤
I will admit that I was really pulling for Uli when it came down to a final two. But for the people who say they would never wear Jeffrey's outfits, Jeffrey and A LOT of other big designers do not make clothes for the average woman (or man), they make clothes that are mostly artistic pieces that a small select group of people can wear. Jeff's obviously not a Liz Claiborne type designer.

Anyways, a new season will begin in a few months, we can forget about Jeffrey, just like Jay and Chloe, and get to see more designers. It's just entertainment.

Even though I would never wear anything Jeffrey designs, I like fashion and I love to see those who do design do it well, and Jeffrey designs were the worst and cheap looking I have ever seen. Come on the studs around the crouch of the pants that he designed for the Jet Setters challenge, I still can't believe he won that one or even the Coutour where he took table cloth fabric and made a dress, I thought Kayne's design was so much better. The judges whatever their reasoning were wrong pure and simple (again my opinion here) I can't see his cloths on the red carpet at any even. Truly a sad ending to this show, I thought last year Chloe winning was bad, but this tops it.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:21 AM   #25
¤Graced¤
MBV
Forum Regular

Quote:
Even though I would never wear anything Jeffrey designs, I like fashion and I love to see those who do design do it well, and Jeffrey designs were the worst and cheap looking I have ever seen. Come on the studs around the crouch of the pants that he designed for the Jet Setters challenge, I still can't believe he won that one or even the Coutour where he took table cloth fabric and made a dress, I thought Kayne's design was so much better. The judges whatever their reasoning were wrong pure and simple (again my opinion here) I can't see his cloths on the red carpet at any even. Truly a sad ending to this show, I thought last year Chloe winning was bad, but this tops it.
Valid points. And I didn't always love Jeffrey either, especially the diamond studded crotch on those pants in the jet setter challenge Still I thought his final collection was the best of all 4, and Michael Kors has said himself that the judges were basing the winner solely on their collections for Olympus Fashion Week, not the show (if that was the case, Michael Knight sould have and would have won, IMO)
¤Graced¤ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:53 AM   #26
80sTrivia
Pop Culture Soothsayer
Forum Veteran

Exclamation

I have to admit, I was surprised that Jeffrey won. I was rooting for Michael or Uli to win, since they were not only good designers, but were also gracious and considerate, unlike Jeffrey, who couldn't say a nice thing about anyone else to save his tormented soul from the Devil himself, and delighted in his never-ending bad-mouth yammering, as he obviously loved the sound of his own voice... Alas, he should do well in the cut-throat fashion industry...
80sTrivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:36 PM   #27
Number 9 Dream
That '70s Girl

I think that was a big reason why I didn't root for Jeffrey (because I didn't like his attitude, and I also didn't like his work for most of the show). Michael was always kind and humble, and extremely talented. However, Michael's collection for the final show surprised me and not in a good way I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I liked Jeffrey's collection the best (just judging on his final collection alone. Overall, I really don't like his stuff).

Still, congrats to Jeffrey It must be SO THRILLING (ode to Tim Gunn here) to win. I've made my peace with it.

Anyways, regarding next season--any old faces you want to see make a go of it next time? Don't they let past contestants come back again? (Or am I imagining this?) I'd love to see Malan, Kayne, or Robert make a comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sTrivia
I have to admit, I was surprised that Jeffrey won. I was rooting for Michael or Uli to win, since they were not only good designers, but were also gracious and considerate, unlike Jeffrey, who couldn't say a nice thing about anyone else to save his tormented soul from the Devil himself, and delighted in his never-ending bad-mouth yammering, as he obviously loved the sound of his own voice... Alas, he should do well in the cut-throat fashion industry...
Old 10-22-2006, 03:40 PM   #28
tdf4077
JaJa

Send a message via AIM to tdf4077

They've let former contenstants back before (Daniel in seasons 1 and 2) I wonder if there is a stipulation, however, that says like, if you make it to fashion week, you can't come back....

I, too would be interested in seing either Milan or Kayne come back. I'd also maybe like to see Allison....and I'd love Nick from Season 2, but he seems happy in some interview I watched, so I doubt any of them will return.
tdf4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:46 PM   #29
Central Perk
~~~~~

Quote:
This is just my opinion, but the guy is a crappy designer. I didn't see on thing that I would buy from him. Again JMO!!!!!
By no means am I a Jeffrey fan at all. I thought his collection was decent, but I thought Uli's was the best. I'm just saying don't give up watching the show just because Jeffrey won.

Last year I was fine with the fact that Chloe won. For the most part I preferred her collection to Daniel's. I think Daniel should have gotten rid of that weird patch thing he stuck on his brown dress.
Central Perk is offline   Reply With Quote