Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-08-2006, 04:41 PM   #1
Bella_KitKat
Checotah Princess

Default Serious Stuff About Mandisa's Elimination

Has anybody been over to IDF recently? Apparently, some teenage girls yelled out a really bad name to Mandisa after Ryan called her name to be eliminated (the words starts with 'N' and has to do with her being black...)http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=416269

I went over to IdolOnFox and saw a lot of the circumstantial evidence. You could see Chris bended down and shaking his head, Taylor stopping MID-clap, Katharine and Paris looking kinda shocked, and the judges looking pissed. Along with the utter silence for about 5 seconds. The only person I din't see a reaction from was Kellie, but.....

I saw all that, but can't ever hear the bad phrase. ("Go home, n#####") Can y'all?
Bella_KitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:52 PM   #2
James"Thunder"Early
Whoever's In New England

I've been hearing about this on another board and I'm not sure what really happened. If this is true, that is really terrible and disgusting people would say something like that.

Peggy Mitchell: Get outta my pub!

You better pray you get the last laugh, it's a kick in the teeth when you don't get it.
James"Thunder"Early is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:40 PM   #3
eltonfan80
RIP MJ I'LL MISS YOU FOREVER
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by James"Thunder"Early
I've been hearing about this on another board and I'm not sure what really happened. If this is true, that is really terrible and disgusting people would say something like that.
i agree if this is true it was totally uncalled for
Old 04-08-2006, 07:17 PM   #4
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

holy crap

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com
EmoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:22 PM   #5
Cactus Jack
RonFingSwanson
Forum Idol

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack

Id Love to help you Tracy, but I cant have sex with a black guy, Id lose my endorsement deal with NASCAR-Jenna Maroney,30 Rock

April 17,2009 9:02 PM : 100,000th post!

[/B]
Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:16 PM   #6
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

the must've edited something out, since the show airs a few seconds late. because if you re-watch it, the audience is booing and awwing like crazy when ryan announces mandisa is eliminated, but then a few seconds later is becomes DEAD silent. and the contestants are in shock and stuff. when i watched it at first, i just assumed they were silent cause they were shocked (and same with the contestants' faces) but now, it doesnt look that way. you can see mandisa's family offended.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:46 PM   #7
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

i saw a little bit of a reaction from kellie too. like her face goes from being shocked to like..."what did she just say?". you can notice a movement in her expression a bit.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:38 AM   #8
Rene

yea i just heard about this on ONTD if anyone goes there, after watching the video id definitely say that someone said that because of the awkward reactions of the judges and the other singers

Gob: Tell you what we're gonna do: "Rock Paper Scissors" for it!
Michael: No, no I'm not -
Gob: One, two, three! Paper covers rock.
Michael: It is a rock, though. Should beat everything.
Gob: There's not a lot of logic to it. It's kind of like on a boat with "Women and children first." I mean, why should they -
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 03:36 AM   #9
Karen*
paradox.
Forum Celebrity

Yeah, I heard about this on IDF too, and I rewatched the clip millions and millions of times. When the show initially aired, I was crying my eyes out because of the results, so I didn't really notice the reactions from the crowd, the judges, the contestants, etc.

But it all totally makes sense now. Everyone seemed to be in shock of something more than her being eliminated.

You can also see a couple of people mouthing things like "I can't believe she just said that" or "What did they say?" when the camera pans to the family members.

And I'm pretty sure I heard the offensive phrase being said.

Click on the link to the thread...it goes in-depth about it.

Anyway, this makes me mad just thinking about it. No one deserves to be treated like that. Those girls can go to hell. Ignorant people disgust me.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:36 AM   #10
80sTrivia
Pop Culture Soothsayer
Forum Veteran

I sincerely hope this isn't true... if it is, it's simply heartbreaking...
80sTrivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:04 PM   #11
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

you can hear it being said at 1:20 if you download the part 4 of the results show at theidolshow.com
Old 04-09-2006, 05:41 PM   #12
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella_KitKat
Has anybody been over to IDF recently? Apparently, some teenage girls yelled out a really bad name to Mandisa after Ryan called her name to be eliminated (the words starts with 'N' and has to do with her being black...)http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=416269

I went over to IdolOnFox and saw a lot of the circumstantial evidence. You could see Chris bended down and shaking his head, Taylor stopping MID-clap, Katharine and Paris looking kinda shocked, and the judges looking pissed. Along with the utter silence for about 5 seconds. The only person I din't see a reaction from was Kellie, but.....

I saw all that, but can't ever hear the bad phrase. ("Go home, n#####") Can y'all?

If the N-Word was yelled who really cares, damm. All Mandisa had to do was ignore it. Nothing to get upset over
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 06:39 PM   #13
Rene

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
If the N-Word was yelled who really cares, damm. All Mandisa had to do was ignore it. Nothing to get upset over
um yea it is something to get upset over, do you know the meaning behind that word? to black people that is one of the worst things to be called, thats also why i think its stupid also for black people to call each other that
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 06:48 PM   #14
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlene_conner
um yea it is something to get upset over, do you know the meaning behind that word? to black people that is one of the worst things to be called, thats also why i think its stupid also for black people to call each other that

I think it's stupid for black people to get upset over the word because it's obvious whatever white person said it was trying to UPSET Mandisa. Why give that ******* in the audience who yelled that word the satisfication of seeing you all UPSET and OFFENDED? I say, LAUGH, lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:37 PM   #15
Brieannas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
I think it's stupid for black people to get upset over the word because it's obvious whatever white person said it was trying to UPSET Mandisa. Why give that ******* in the audience who yelled that word the satisfication of seeing you all UPSET and OFFENDED? I say, LAUGH, lol

Laugh at what? It's not funny, that's a very hurtful word to a lot of people. The history behind that word isn't funny at all. So it's easy to say laugh it off but hard to do.

I've looked at the video over and over and I didn't hear anyone yell out anything hurtful, I guess people are hearing things that I don't.
Brieannas21 is offline   Reply With Quote