Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #31
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightOnDude
I think this is probably right on the money. I am going to watch this episode again soon, but do you know off hand what suburb of cleveland this happened in?
Kurt's body was found in the suburb of Newburg Heights. I still can't see how Eugene Kvett fits in to this but the similarities in their deaths you can't ignore. With them both being found without one shoe and both had been missing for a while before their bodies were found. They both used to know each other and Eugene was found only 3 months after Kurt and was also found in a ravine only 2.5 miles away from the ravine where Kurt was found. I am curious though whether they were able to tell what Eugene died of though as UM didn't mention that.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:42 PM   #32
bbvman35
Occasional Poster

I believe that they said they could not tell what Eugene died from either.
bbvman35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 05:38 PM   #33
kane7474
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbvman35
I believe that they said they could not tell what Eugene died from either.
Ya you know they could have done a whole segment on Eugene but instead they were very vague. You know if you really think about it based on the information given on the show these deaths have to be related. How many teenage kids die with no known cause of death? How many of those kids are found in ravines 3- 5 days after they go missing? And how many of those are missing the right shoe? Now through in the fact they were found within 2.5 miles of each other and within a three month timeline and through in the victims in question knew each other. The odds on these two deaths being unrelated have to be over 1000 to 1
kane7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:52 PM   #34
Dislimb
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Default Very interesting...

I am from Cleveland (still live here in fact) and have heard quite a lot about this over the years. I have been a pretty avid watcher of UM for quite a few years. I just purchased the Ghosts and the Bizarre Murders box sets about six months ago and love them both!

The strange thing is, I have never seen the Kurt Sova segment on UM... I guess I just sort of missed out on it. Is there anywhere on the net (perhaps YouTube) where someone can upload this segment? I am dying to see this. I live less than five minutes away from where this all happened.
Dislimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:51 PM   #35
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

What a bummer! I want to say that they aired this episode not more than three weeks ago...
LooksLikeCRicci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:17 AM   #36
RightOnDude
Forum Regular

I'll see if I can get it to you, send me a private message with your e-mail addy
RightOnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 04:06 PM   #37
queenFrostine278
Jen
Forum Regular

wasn't eugene just a little guy? like six?
queenFrostine278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:06 PM   #38
kane7474
Forum Regular

I thought they said he was 10
Old 04-04-2006, 12:13 PM   #39
kane7474
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
I am from Cleveland (still live here in fact) and have heard quite a lot about this over the years. I have been a pretty avid watcher of UM for quite a few years. I just purchased the Ghosts and the Bizarre Murders box sets about six months ago and love them both!

The strange thing is, I have never seen the Kurt Sova segment on UM... I guess I just sort of missed out on it. Is there anywhere on the net (perhaps YouTube) where someone can upload this segment? I am dying to see this. I live less than five minutes away from where this all happened.
You know if your really interested you should go to the local police dept and see if you can get copies of the original police reports. I think all the answers lie with them.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:01 PM   #40
Chris Billings
Frequent Poster

I dont remember this case. Can someone give me a sypnosis?

Much appreciated,
Cber
Chris Billings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 01:12 PM   #41
crystaldawn

Well as far as Eugene Kvette he did look young in the picture they showed of him. I always just figured that was an old picture and assumed he was close to Kurt's age. When they showed a picture of Eugene's foot (remember his shoe was never found) it definitely looked big and not like like a small child's.

Cber- Kurt Sova was 17 and attended a Halloween party and never returned. His body was found 5 days later very close to the house where the party had been yet he had no signs of injury and no drugs or alcohol in his system and they couldn't determine a cause of death. They estimated that although Kurt had been missing for 5 days when his body was found that he had only been dead for 1-2 days. The lady first denied than admitted that Kurt was at a party at her house. One of his friends claimed he had been drinking a lot that night and helped him outside and he soon disappeared. Someone Kurt used to know, Eugene Kvette, also was found dead under similar mysterious circumstances in the same city and only a few months after Kurt was found. Like Kurt he was also missing a shoe that was never found.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:48 PM   #42
Dislimb
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

I have watched this one about 3-4 times in the past few days (thanks Heather!) and it bothers me a bit more every time I watch it. I think I am going to hit up the library and try to get some photo copies of the newspaper articles and perhaps look into getting a copy of the police report(s) as someone mentioned earlier.

Any advice on how to go about doing that?
Dislimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:15 PM   #43
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Yeah this case is very strange. Well the heart condition is possible but at autopsy the coroner said Sova had no pre exisiting disease or medical condition that would have caused his death. It is hard to tell whether or not he was murdered because he really hadnt been beaten and he hadnt been shot or stabbed. It could be that he had a bad reaction to drugs but stayed alive long enough after the bad reaction for it to clear his system before he died so it didnt show up on any tests that the coroner may have run. The other boy that Kurt knew that died I think was probably around Kurt's age. I think that photo of him looked like it had been taken years before he died it looked like he had been taking in the early 70's. The things that made me think it may have been a murder was how the chick that lived in the duplex lied to Kurt's mom and also how both Kurt and other boy he knew were each missing one shoe. Could it be the calling card of a serial killer? What is everyone else's thoughts. I wonder if that person that said on here that they were going to get the police reports ever got them. I believe it was the Newbury Heights, Ohio police that investigated it. A pretty shoddy investigation on their part by the way.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:32 AM   #44
Angel4u2
Occasional Poster

I have lived in Cleveland all my life. I have heard people talk about this case alot. One thing I don't remember hearing mentioned on the show was that Kurt had been working at a haunted house and that was one place where some people supposedly searched. I heard Kurt hung out with people he didn't even really know that well that night at the party. I heard that the shoes missing could have been part of some ritual. And I do think that the Newburgh Heights police department did a terrible job of handling this case. And I also never understood how the coroner could not determine a cause of death. Could there have maybe been something in Kurt's blood that would not show up on the test?
This case has always bothered me for years and I wish it could come out in the cold cases. I have always felt terrible for his mother and I hope someday she can have some peace.
Angel4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:39 AM   #45
UMfan77

This is for anyone that lives or lived in Cleveland: Do any of your local news channels or newspapers do any stories on the Sova family currently? I don't know if Kurt's parents are still living but he had three brothers. For instance, has his brothers done any interviews on tv on how the investigation has been progressing for the past 25 years?

The local police must not let this case be forgotten about. An innocent boy died & his family members deserve to know what happened to him.
UMfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote