Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: A Look at the Party of Five Reboot; The Simpsons Not Ending Soon, Says Producer

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-07-2009, 05:47 AM   #16
brownie87
Forum Regular

I think this is all crap! But what I don't get is that Kate, from what I've seen, has been known to verbally abuse Jon regularily on the show. If it were in reverse and it was Jon talking that way to Kate and she was the one taking it, TLC would be flooded with angry emails and letters from feminists and they'd even hold feminist rallies and NOW would be all over their case! I think it's a double standard. No one should talk to their spouse that way, eight kids or not! And, sure he's getting out there and trying to meet girls. He had to take Kate's crap for years and he's finally away from her abuse. And if anything, he's a better parent than Kate, because Kate is so busy pimping her innocent children for all the world to mock, while Jon wants to stop it from happening. I think we just live in an anti-male world where women are the ones who are seen as actual human beings and men are just disposable sperm doners. Whatever happened to EQUALITY BETWEEN THE SEXES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
brownie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #17
Chocoholic
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Veteran

I feel the same way, Brownie. That's actually one of the reasons why I stopped watching Everybody Loves Raymond. Debra was such a bitch to Ray, even kicking him on one occasion. If it had been the other way around, that show would have been off the air.
Chocoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #18
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocoholic
I feel the same way, Brownie. That's actually one of the reasons why I stopped watching Everybody Loves Raymond. Debra was such a bitch to Ray, even kicking him on one occasion. If it had been the other way around, that show would have been off the air.
That's why I eventually stopped watching it. I liked the first few seasons but it got WAY too mean-spirited as time went on.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:30 PM   #19
hippiechick60
Forum Regular

geez people am i the only one thats at least trying to give them all a break lol!! i mean if kate would just chill out then maybe we'd all like her again i don't know! i'm just saying
hippiechick60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:43 PM   #20
Marvo301
I'm NOT a Blockhead!
Forum Veteran

Cool

I just think that those kids have had more than enough drama in their lives already. It's time to turn off the cameras and let those kids be kids.

A life isn't worth living unless it has impact on other lives. Jackie Robinson

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin
Marvo301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:46 AM   #21
ssudioTVgirl
Frequent Poster

I agree with the above posters. I think women mistreating their husbands is too widly accepted by society. Meanwhile, men even looking at their wives the wrong way warrants discussion and is even considered abuse. I think anyone who mistreats their spouse - man or woman - should be penalized. It's wrong and it is domestic abuse. I'm a woman and Kate makes me sick. And she plays the victim SOOOO WELL!!!
ssudioTVgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:23 PM   #22
browneyes106

I think the show should end already. I agree with others Kate seems to be the abusive type. Sure she never hit Jon or anything but she abused verbally and several people have backed up Jon. Last week Jon did several interviews with ET and it seems he really wants to let his kids be kids and he has said the main reason Kate wants to continue the show is for money purposes.
browneyes106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #23
hippiechick60
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes106
I think the show should end already. I agree with others Kate seems to be the abusive type. Sure she never hit Jon or anything but she abused verbally and several people have backed up Jon. Last week Jon did several interviews with ET and it seems he really wants to let his kids be kids and he has said the main reason Kate wants to continue the show is for money purposes.
oh well of course she does i mean what else is going to pay for that big house that they have and a another thing that kinda bothers me is that they are going to court to talk about child support payments well i'm thinking why,why does she need that for i mean she has the show money isn't that a enough for her? i don't know i keep trying to stand up for them but in the end....i'm with jon! sorry kate
Old 11-02-2009, 08:37 PM   #24
VikingsGal
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssudioTVgirl
I agree with the above posters. I think women mistreating their husbands is too widly accepted by society. Meanwhile, men even looking at their wives the wrong way warrants discussion and is even considered abuse. I think anyone who mistreats their spouse - man or woman - should be penalized. It's wrong and it is domestic abuse. I'm a woman and Kate makes me sick. And she plays the victim SOOOO WELL!!!
I am with you adn I do not understand why so many interviewers let Kate off the hook (Meredith Viera, the whole gang at the The View) with softball questions and don't follow up with hard questions. It is OBVIOUS the show is hurting the kids, Kate admitted as much this morning in a leak from the TLC interview. But no one EVER days, "So Kate? WHY DO YOU INSIST ON CONTINUING THE SHOW?" Like there is no other way to earn a living except being on TV. Lisa Ling tried to ask but was blown off.

Kate, lots of familes live in modest houses - you could, too.
VikingsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:46 PM   #25
hippiechick60
Forum Regular

ok...well i've seen the inview with kate and i know you all are going to hate me for saying this but i feel for her i do! i mean i think those were real tears and not just "real" tears if you know what i mean! she did admit a lot of stuff and that she knows what the show has done but guys deep down i know shes a good person or at least she was when she said sorry she was so hard on jon and i really do think shes trying her best at all of this i'm not saying i'm on her side i'm not on anyones side expect for maybe the kids of course! they'll probley grow up writeing tell all books but....i don't know i just want for them to be happy and for jon and kate to get on with there lives thats all!
Old 07-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #26
carebears
Frequent Poster

The kids actually love being on the reality show and when Kate told them on the way home from school in 2009 that filming had stopped they were upset. If Kate didn't do a job with television,then she would be off working as a nurse,her kids would be in daycare and she would not get to spend time with them.Maybe if Kate felt like the show was messing her children's lives up by being filmed then maybe she would do series without them and the kids would never be filmed.If you saw Kate Plus 8 sixth birthday surpriise, you would have seen how happy the kids were to get a surprise visit from the film crew. Kate loves her kids and wants whats best for them.She is a good mother and she is better off without Jon on the show because now she is not verbally abusive on the show.I can't wait for July 11,2010 when they have 2 more episodes of Kate Plus 8.
carebears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 03:47 AM   #27
LaBestia
I Rather Be Watching METV

To me I think the main reason why Jon and Kate Gosselin wanted to create a reality show was to show off their kids and also to make home movies as memories so that when the kids grew up they would show their own children what their childhood was like and to make the kids famous celebrities. I first learned about the Gosselin family when I saw the book Eight Little Faces and I couldn't believe that there was a show based on that book. I also think that when TLC was developing John And Kate Plus 8 they wanted to make a reality show that was a 2000's version of Eight Is Enough and John And Kate Plus 8 proved to be a success for TLC. Another thing I noticed about John And Kate Plus 8 is that when they would have vacation episodes the Gosselin's always seemed to go on a ski vacation or go to Disneyland rather then visiting relatives. Did TLC not want the Gosselins to visit relatives for fear that the relatives would get paid a salary if they appeared on episodes of Jon And Kate Plus 8?
Bestie
Old 12-20-2017, 04:33 AM   #28
Videoranger007
Forum Regular

The show was created because they were approached by TLC because they had so many kids. They probably didnt visit relatives because that wouldnt make for exciting television.